PDA

View Full Version : Common Modifier "Drag and Drop" Text Too Big!

Prince Bertram
October 20th, 2005, 11:13
Speaking of graphic elements that are too big:

I have purchased the product and haven't seen an option to change the way the die rolls appear in the chat window. In my opinion, they are too large and take up space in the window that should be primarily kept for chat.
...a more annoying size problem for me is the size of the "drag and drop" bonus and penalty modifiers frames and text displayed in the "Common Modifiers" window. They seem much larger than necessary. If the size of the frames and their numbers could be reduced in size perhaps it would be possible to have all the modifiers listed there without having to constantly scroll the window. (Yes, I do know they can be dragged to the hot-key slots.)

Anyone else feel the same?

-Prince Bertram

richvalle
October 20th, 2005, 14:35
Ahhh... took me a min to figure out what you were talking about.

Yes, it would be nice to have those all on one page.

Speaking of which... is there an easier way to work with these?

Say you have a modifier a player needs to use every turn. Is there a better way for them to use it other then dragging from the whole list and dropping it each turn?

rv

Prince Bertram
October 20th, 2005, 15:06
Say you have a modifier a player needs to use every turn. Is there a better way for them to use it other then dragging from the whole list and dropping it each turn?
Well, yes, simply drag the modifier to a slot on the "Hot Key Bar" at the bottom of the screen. Then, to add the modifier to the modifier box when needed for your roll, press the appropriate Function Key 1 through 12 and/or click the slot number with the mouse. Roll the die and the modifiers are calculated and labeled appropriately as part of your roll.

You can also create your own custom modifier values and labels by scrolling a positive or negative value in the modifier box using your mouse wheel. Drag the value to an empty slot on the "Hot Key Bar" and then label the modifier with the text you want by right-clicking the slot and clicking the pen icon. Now when you hit the Function Key, or click it with the mouse button, your custom modifier will be added to the modifier box. When you roll, the value will be calculated and the result will print the label of the text you have added.

-Prince Bertram

Bumamgar
October 20th, 2005, 15:23
Is there a way to adjust the value in the modifier box without a mouse wheel?

I use a trackball with only 2 buttons and no wheel :(

richvalle
October 20th, 2005, 15:34
Well, yes, simply drag the modifier to a slot on the "Hot Key Bar" at the bottom of the screen. Then, to add the modifier to the modifier box when needed for your roll, press the appropriate Function Key 1 through 12 and/or click the slot number with the mouse. Roll the die and the modifiers are calculated and labeled appropriately as part of your roll.

You can also create your own custom modifier values and labels by scrolling a positive or negative value in the modifier box using your mouse wheel. Drag the value to an empty slot on the "Hot Key Bar" and then label the modifier with the text you want by right-clicking the slot and clicking the pen icon. Now when you hit the Function Key, or click it with the mouse button, your custom modifier will be added to the modifier box. When you roll, the value will be calculated and the result will print the label of the text you have added.

-Prince Bertram

Ahhh, so easy. Thanks, I should have thought of that.

:)

rv

Prince Bertram
October 20th, 2005, 15:35

Not that I have discovered. :-(

I have found that having a scrolling mouse wheel is almost essential in order to leverage all the features of the program. Scrolling windows with the mouse wheel is so much easier than dragging on the scroll control widget, for example. It also scrolls values up and down on the numeric character sheet cells, etc. The "middle button" scroll wheel also has other useful functions such totaling a dice roll in the chat window when you click on the result with the middle-button (i.e. the wheel). If you're a player, you might get away without a scroll wheel. If you're a DM, then YOU MUST have it - I ran a couple sessions before with a two-button standard mouse before I got a center-wheel mouse. Running the game became So MUCH easier once I caved in and got a mouse with a wheel.

-Prince Bertram

richvalle
October 20th, 2005, 15:50

Not that I have discovered. :-(

I have found that having a scrolling mouse wheel is almost essential in order to leverage all the features of the program. Scrolling windows with the mouse wheel is so much easier than dragging on the scroll control widget, for example. It also scrolls values up and down on the numeric character sheet cells, etc. The "middle button" scroll wheel also has other useful functions such totaling a dice roll in the chat window when you click on the result with the middle-button (i.e. the wheel). If you're a player, you might get away without a scroll wheel. If you're a DM, then YOU MUST have it - I ran a couple sessions before with a two-button standard mouse before I got a center-wheel mouse. Running the game became So MUCH easier once I caved in and got a mouse with a wheel.

-Prince Bertram

Dang PB... another thing I didn't know! I've been totaling up dice rolls by left clicking on them and dragging off to the side.

What else do you use the 'roller click' for?

rv