PDA

View Full Version : Module: Name Generator by Thoruk

Thoruk
January 12th, 2017, 22:22
Hi Guys,

So i was in need of quite a bit of quick NPC Names so i made a little Module for it.
Its a very simple thing. Actually just 3 tables full of Name Parts (100 per table) and they looks like that:

Additionally i added a little Storytemplate which creates a list of 25 Names. (So i can pick the one i see fit, as not all generated names are perfect for the NPC you have in front of you)

This Storytemplate looks like this:

Thats basicly it. The nameparts i got from here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7SHp_B1PcQiZ2JrakNrZC13bVU/view

I also used it on the "Random NPC Description" Story Template from the DMG an added the Section "NPC Name":
This is not included in the Mod, as everyone which has the DMG can super easly make it themselfs as shown in the Picture.

So basicly you can enter in random Names in every Storytemplate you chose, as long as you enter in the Storytemplate [NPC Name Generator Part 1][NPC Name Generator Part 2][NPC Name Generator Part 3] and have the Module loaded.

I didn't test it excessively so if you find anything wrong with it, please let me know.

Hopefully it helps someone :)

Cheers

Dave / Thoruk

Oh and the easiest way to use it is probably right from the modules Menu

Finally here the Module :) (Thanks for the hint how to edit it in ;))

Thoruk
January 12th, 2017, 22:33
.... now i cant delete this unnecessary post here :(

LordEntrails
January 12th, 2017, 23:40
Sorry forgot the Module itself.... and couldnt just edit it in, as there is no more "attachment" option in the editing menu
Thanks for sharing :) FYI, you have to select the "Advanced" edit option to add an attachment when editing.