PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign Listing - "So, You Want to be a Hero?!"

Gibson400
January 12th, 2017, 22:17
I am starting a new long term campaign and would ask that fun loving experienced players take a look below and see if this is something you would like to be a part of. PM or email me with any questions. I will make my final player selections about a week prior to the Session 0 date. If you cannot be committed to a long term regular campaign please do not apply.

Thanks

FG License: GM has Ultimate License
Game System: D&D 5E
Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day of week and time: Saturday, starting at 1:00PM CST, USA
Planned start date: Session 0 scheduled for February 18, 2017
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4-6 Hour session, every other week
Term: Long term keep playing for a while

Text or Voice: Voice & possibly Video
Voice software used: Discord

Role play & Combat mix: 50/50 mix of role play & combat
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6
Character starting level & equipment: We will role up characters during Session 0 and start at 1st level.
Character restrictions: Only core races and classes from the PHB and SCAG. Dragonborn & Tieflings are shunned in this campaign but not prohibited. Play at your own risk. You have been warned!

Your father sits you down one day and looks keenly into your eyes and says with a touch of sarcasm, “so, your mother tells me you want to be a hero? Is this true?”
I am looking to create a long-term campaign & story with a group of people who wish take the long and perilous journey toward becoming heros.
This campaign will be a mix of the Forgotten Realms and home brew. I will be following the Forgotten Realms for the most part with some additional areas thrown in to add flavor.
As far as story goes, I have several story arcs I wish to pursue but nothing hard and fast. Much of what I want to do will be based upon your characters and their journeys as novice adventurers through to (hopefully) becoming the stuff of legend.
I intend to have a “Session 0” that will bring us all together via TeamSpeak or Google Hangout and the Fantasy Grounds Campaign to get to know about each other, go over the ground rules and to create your characters. Please know that only races and classes from the Players Handbook and Sword Coast Adventure Guide will be allowed. No other sources will be used. Dragonborn and Tieflings are not prohibited however in this campaign setting they are shunned and held in the lowest regard. Play them at your peril. You have been warned!
I am an older GM (started playing in 1984) and have had some not so good experiences with “younger” players recently. I ask that only players of age 30 or older apply. I am not looking for players who want to warp the rules to suit their idea of what their character is. I believe the rules are there to guide a player and to form the frame work for your character. I do not want rules lawyers or meta gamers. I am looking for players who take the game seriously but not too seriously. Who enjoy some comedy and light hearted joking as well as the serious side of things. I hope and expect my players to contribute to the story narrative in their own way. I, as the GM enjoy role playing and reward players for great role playing or inventive combat / magical descriptions and ideas.
I expect to have around a 50/50 role play/combat mix but each session will determine how that runs. PM me if you have questions.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2352

Daemini
January 13th, 2017, 14:47
I'd really like to do this, but my offline game happens at the same time, Although its monthly. If you guys happen to change the time to later or Sunday, I'd be all over this. Good luck with your campaign.

edit: This title reminds me of Quest for Glory :)

Gibson400
January 13th, 2017, 18:24
Thanks for the Interest Daemini. Unfortunately the Saturday day is pretty much a given but the time I might be able to move around a bit. wanted to keep the evening open for other stuff. If your schedule changes let me know & we will see if we can fit you in.

Gibson400

Gibson400
January 13th, 2017, 22:15
FYI - I still have several openings in my campaign so if it looks like something you might want to be a part of please apply. I will contact everyone who signs up on the calendar to ask questions and have a small "interview" with you before I finalize the last player selections.

Happy Gaming
Gibson400

Gibson400
January 15th, 2017, 01:29
We will be using Discord for the voice chat in this campaign. All players will need to install this software and set up their free account. When it gets closer to game time will send all players invites to the proper channel.

Gibson400

whitepinkbun
January 15th, 2017, 02:49
This looks really good I would be keen to play, thou I have put name in for a few other DnD groups no ones gotten back to me, still have room?

Gibson400
January 15th, 2017, 03:14
Hi Whitepinkbun
yes there are still spots available. Please go to to the game calendar and apply. I will contact each person who wants to play to conduct a short "interview" to get some additional information and see if you would be a good fit with the rest of the group.
Thanks for the interest
Gibson400

whitepinkbun
January 15th, 2017, 04:00
Done :) I applied on the game calendar and look forward to hearing form you! ^.^

Szabtom
January 15th, 2017, 13:21
Hi Gibson400,
I applied on the calendar. I was the 7th player to apply so I hope I can join if someone resigns/fails to attend.
I am turning 37 in a week, have two kids and a regular Mon-Fri job, so the Saturday evening time slot (in my timezone) is perfect for me.
I have DM-ed Lost mines of Phandelver once and played a couple of 5e sessions as a player on Fantasy Grounds. I have been playing tabletop roleplaying games on and off since I was 12.

Gibson400
January 15th, 2017, 17:23
Hi Szabtom,
Thanks for the interest in my campaign and the information about yourself. I will PM you with a few more questions that will help me decide on the final group members. I kind of interview each perspective player to get a feel for them and see if they will be a good fit for the group I want. I have three seats filled and have openings for up to 3 more. I hope to make my final determination on the final 3 seats in a week or so.
Thanks again
Gibson400

Lekkric
January 15th, 2017, 17:54
Hi, I just applied on the Game Calendar. I've never actually played 5e before; I've mostly done 3.5 and PF, and even that hasn't been for a few years so I'm excited to get back into it. Also kind of looking forward to the chance to RP with people a little more mature than the "I R AWESUM" group that caused me to leave the game for awhile.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Lekkric

Carlctrl
January 15th, 2017, 21:00
Applied on the Game calendar, very excited to join this game! I meet your criteria and you describe just the kind of game i like. Hope to make it to the interview stage!

Gibson400
January 16th, 2017, 03:36
Thank you to everyone who has applied to be a part of this campaign. I will no longer be taking applications and will make my final player decisions this up coming week. Thanks again and I wil be in touch with those who have applied to let them know of their status.