PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check: GURPS Technothriller

GunbunnyFuFu
January 12th, 2017, 22:03
Hey all,

Just checking to see how much interest can be garnered if I decide to run a GURPS Technothriller, using the Millennium's End game milieu as backstory and building on from there. In a nutshell: PCs would play roles in BlackEagle/BlackEagle, a security/investigations/paramilitary contractor in a dark mirror of our own world. Crime runs rampant, as does corruption. Parts of Miami (where the campaign is based out of) are deemed "unsafe" during the night areas due to the gang activity..these "red zones" have no police, fire, or EMS response after dark.

The players would be part of a Miami cell that works various contracted missions. Some of these missions are short "milk runs", such as acting as private security for starlets, up to and including being contracted by the US Government to operate in Colombia or Mexico against cartels. High-tech gadgets and guns abound, including car chases and furious gunfights!

The original Millennium's End system is a bit dated now, but the genre is one I love dearly, so I'm going to use GURPS 4E. Just checking to see what kind of interest there would be. No target starting date yet..still getting ideas together, etc. Below is the blurb on the back cover..it conveys a good 50,000 foot view:

It's two in the morning. The office is forty stories up, high above the sirens, the gunshots, the cries of pain and anguish that are the city at night. Michael is bathed in the glow of his laptop, typing furiously as he navigates the labyrinthine directories of the corporate mainframe. In the pale light of the doorway, Laenna's silhouette stirs.
"Someone's on the elevator," comes her whisper over the radio headset.
"No way," Raleigh answers from across the room. "I've got the building control routine up. Elevators are dead."
"Come see for yourself," Laenna replies. Sure enough, through the green glow of starlight goggles the tiny numbers blink brightly as the elevator ascends.
"We've got a problem," Michael interjects. "The files aren't here. Sawada lied to us." He turns in the glow of the monitor. "Door lockouts are coming up all over the floor."
Set up. No one knows we're here. And if that's Techtonics Corporation security, no one will find our bodies, either. Through the darkness comes the quiet chime of the elevator, and an almost inaudible click as Raleigh flips the safety off his P90 . .

GunbunnyFuFu
January 12th, 2017, 22:04
This game will likely be set in the mid 2000s, btw.

Gigermann
January 12th, 2017, 22:41
I really want to play in this, but I've got a Friday and Saturday game already, so it depends on the timing. Put me down as "possible."

ronnke
January 13th, 2017, 00:02
Consider me interested, pending timing. I'm already committed to a number of games, so my scheduling options are pretty limited.

Litvyak
January 13th, 2017, 02:16
I love both GURPS 4e and Millennium's End, and would definitely be interested in playing in a technothriller themed game. My current commitments run Sunday-Tuesday, but I can make just any other night of the week work.

GunbunnyFuFu
January 13th, 2017, 12:06
I'd enjoy having all three of you in a game! I'm working on getting a module converted over, generating some pregens, and working on getting weapons and gear statted (from the main book, High-Tech, and Tactical Shooting) out into a module so that they'll be available for use in game. This shouldn't take long (hopefully).