PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Curse of the Crimson Throne Hardcover all entered.

DMReckless
January 12th, 2017, 03:50
Took me the better part of two months, but I finally have EVERYTHING put in for the Curse of the Crimson Throne Hardcover. The mod weighs in at a hefty 28.7MB.

I'm excited to run this one. The theme I worked out is super-sweet too.

Nylanfs
January 12th, 2017, 12:27
Now get with Doug and see if they want to sell it in the store. :)

Vhok
January 15th, 2017, 04:54
I would 100% buy this. I've been looking for pre-prepped pathfinder ap's for fantasy grounds. I want to DM but I hate prepping.

if I can show you proof of purchase would you be willing to share it?

Bidmaron
January 15th, 2017, 05:08
Vhok, that won't work, buddy. They will be selling it here soon enough. SW has a license with Paizo now, so it should be soon (TM), I hope.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2017, 06:01
Info on the first few releases: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35675-Paizo-and-SmiteWorks-sign-an-agreement-for-official-Pathfinder-support!&p=309895&viewfull=1#post309895

Vhok
January 15th, 2017, 07:33
will they appear on the store when they are done or do I have to go right to paizo?

DMReckless
January 15th, 2017, 15:19
I expect they will be in the store, just as D&D official modules are there. There are restrictions on sharing copyrighted materials, and I think sharing this with all the text and images would violate both Smitework's and Paizo's policies.

I expect the official version would be much cleaner than my version, anyway. I used Hero Lab for the creature stat blocks with the Cgen creature parser so each one not directly from the Bestiaries (which were mostly the random encounter monsters) has a HeroLab notice. I copied and pasted text, and I'm sure I missed some formatting opportunities. Some of the pins and all of the masking on maps were lost when converted to a module.(I'm thinking I'll copy the building campaign and use that instead of a module version.)

Overall, I'm very pleased with it for running my campaign starting next week (and very proud of the pretty theme I built for it) but very much looking forward to Smiteworks releasing the other Adventure Paths. From what I've seen of the 5e releases, I expect them to be fan-damn-tastic!

That all said, if the person(s) developing the CoTCT module wants to look at my work, I'd be glad to send it to Doug.

AstaSyneri
January 17th, 2017, 10:54
Overall, I'm very pleased with it for running my campaign starting next week (and very proud of the pretty theme I built for it) but very much looking forward to Smiteworks releasing the other Adventure Paths.

I'd love to see screenshots - especially of your custom theme. I don't like the default Pathfinder one much and hope we'll get some nicer looking ones with the official release(s).

DMReckless
January 17th, 2017, 13:12

I've used the dynamic throne scene as a background, the trim from the page borders modified to make a border, and the curtain from the throne itself to do the fog of war mask. Lots of border for trim in the buttons for Story, etc. Had to modify the width a bit after my first try to make things read-able. I think it turned out great.

AstaSyneri
January 17th, 2017, 21:38

I've used the dynamic throne scene as a background, the trim from the page borders modified to make a border, and the curtain from the throne itself to do the fog of war mask. Lots of border for trim in the buttons for Story, etc. Had to modify the width a bit after my first try to make things read-able. I think it turned out great.

Oh yes, this looks good - gets you right into the mood. Nice work!

Myrdin Potter
January 18th, 2017, 14:35
That is the type of treatment I wish more modules had. The WoTC ones in the store all have decals for the tabletop but nothing so integrated. Very well done.

AstaSyneri
January 18th, 2017, 14:59
That is the type of treatment I wish more modules had. The WoTC ones in the store all have decals for the tabletop but nothing so integrated. Very well done.

But then the WotC rule sets have a pretty nice layout themselves, don't they? And truth be told, doing the graphics is a different skill set from doing the modules. It's a lot of work - I did one for the All for One Savage Worlds expansion, and I wouldn't want to do it for everything. :/