PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun - Wednesdays - 1830-2230EST

Black Hammer
January 11th, 2017, 20:21
FG License: Ultimate (no player license needed to play in my game)
Game System: Shadowrun 5th Edition

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Wednesdays, weekly, 1830-2230
If new game, planned start date: 1/11 (for chargen)
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 hour sessions weekly

Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice (mostly, the chatbox is still there)
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: Mostly RP or planning, hopefully not more than 20% combat.
Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for one more player
Character starting level & equipment: Standard priority builds
Character restrictions: Core book material only. No AIs, shifters, pixies, etc. I highly recommend avoiding one trick pony builds, as the party's weak spots will be targeted. Smart gangers know to geek the mage first, smart security know to question the out of place street sam before the face, and reputation works both ways.

Details of your scenario: Starting as a stock Seattle Shadowrun campaign. Fixer sends you to talk to Mr. Johnson. Everything goes as planned and there are no complications. Just another day of happy fun times and hard work here in the utopian paradise brought to you by philanthropic companies like Renraku and Ares.

Just looking for one player to round out the group a bit. Feel free to PM me with questions, I'll be happy to give you my Skype or Steam handle if you want to chat.

Kiqjaq
January 11th, 2017, 21:19
I'd like to play! I've been wanting to try Shadowrun for real ever since playing the Dragonfall game on steam.

That though, I don't actually know how to play the ttg. I know the basics, like world lore and the gist of how things go (spells, essence vs cyberware, decking, etc? I think). Is that okay?

Black Hammer
January 11th, 2017, 22:20
I'd like to play! I've been wanting to try Shadowrun for real ever since playing the Dragonfall game on steam.

That though, I don't actually know how to play the ttg. I know the basics, like world lore and the gist of how things go (spells, essence vs cyberware, decking, etc? I think). Is that okay?

Yup, though it does have a quite the learning curve if you haven't got the book handy as reference. The main thing that complicates Shadowrun is the sheer number of systems involved (Mages vs Aspected Mages vs Adepts vsMystic Adepts, Deckers vs Riggers vs Technomancers, etc), but as a player, you really only need to know how the systems that directly relate to your character work.

Kiqjaq
January 11th, 2017, 22:28
Yup, though it does have a quite the learning curve if you haven't got the book handy as reference. The main thing that complicates Shadowrun is the sheer number of systems involved (Mages vs Aspected Mages vs Adepts vsMystic Adepts, Deckers vs Riggers vs Technomancers, etc), but as a player, you really only need to know how the systems that directly relate to your character work.

I managed to get a PDF of the CRB from my brother (master index version... I guess?) Shouldn't be too hard.
It's starting in like... an hour, right?

Black Hammer
January 11th, 2017, 22:39
I managed to get a PDF of the CRB from my brother (master index version... I guess?) Shouldn't be too hard.
It's starting in like... an hour, right?

Yup. And none of my rulesets are working. But that's a technical problem, and those have technical solutions. Like punching my computer.

Kiqjaq
January 11th, 2017, 23:08
Yup. And none of my rulesets are working. But that's a technical problem, and those have technical solutions. Like punching my computer.

Flip it off and on. Works every time.
But yeah, if you get it going and want I should join tonight, send me the connection info please.