PDA

View Full Version : Help, just got subscription and missing packs

CalicosJack
January 11th, 2017, 20:05
Hello,

I just bought FG to do DnD 5e characters but when I got create one there is no classes, no races, etc. I thought the subscription gave me access to the Characters, Classes, and races?

Help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Calico

Trenloe
January 11th, 2017, 20:07
Welcome to the forums CalicosJack!

The subscription will give you access to the SRD and Basic Rules data. You will still need to purchase any of the paid-for DLC that you want to access.

You can activate the SRD or Basic Rules module from the library -> modules section of your 5E campaign: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Activation

CalicosJack
January 11th, 2017, 20:10
Thanks Trenloe,

Last time I used a E-Tool for DnD was version 3.5

damned
January 12th, 2017, 00:45
Hey CalicosJack FG does a good job at character building but isnt comprehensive in that department. The Subscriptions are for the Application Engine itself and not for the content. If you add a class pack and D&D Character Customization Pack for between $11 and $15 you will get a pretty decent builder for that class or if you go the Complete Core Classes ($50 but often goes on sale at 25% off) you get access to all the PHB classes and races....
It isnt sold as a character builder - its real strengths are as a virtual table top and even as a campaign management tool for GMs.

Nylanfs
January 12th, 2017, 03:14
May i suggest PCGen. :-)