PDA

View Full Version : Checking on Hilltop | LF 3-5 Players | Saturday 1/14 6PM-9PM CDT | D&D 5E

bigbluepaw
January 11th, 2017, 16:14
Hey all! I'm running a short run adventure over the next week and a half.

I’ll be accepting players on a first-come, first-serve basis via PM. In your message, please describe your character in brief.

Apply via the game calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2350

See the details below.

FG License: Personal License, you will need your own license to play
Game System: D&D 5E, Forgotten Realms, Custom Adventure

Term and Schedule: This run through should last between 2-4 sessions. Our first session will be Saturday night. I'll plan on Sunday nights after that. To be clear, this won’t be a long-term campaign.

Saturday 1/14 6PM-9PM CDT
Sunday 1/22 6PM-9PM CDT
Sunday 1/29 6PM-9PM CDT
Sunday 2/5 6PM-9PM CDT

Voice: Teamspeak, will send details after you sign up

Number of Players: Will run session with minimum of 2 and maximum of 5.

Character starting level & equipment:

1st Level, Standard Starting Equipment

I’ll set up the server on the night of Friday 1/13 and afternoon of Saturday 1/14 for you to log in and create your character.

Alternatively, I’ll have some standard characters you can use as a starting point. If you want to go that route, you can name the character, select a deity, tweak the background some more and the like. See bottom of post for list of pregens.

Note, however, that this will be a short run adventure of 2-4 sessions. There is no need to dive super-deep into character creation.

Lastly, have your character complete before we start our first session on Saturday. Don't make folks wait.

Signing up: Sign up via the game calendar https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2350

Send me a private message with some details on your character concept. I reply back to you with confirmation and login details. I will update the thread with selections of the characters as they are made so you know what is needed within the party.

My Playstyle:

This is what you can expect from this run through.

This game will have a fairly evenly split between combat, skill and social encounters. Build broad-based characters for the challenge.
Encounters will be challenging. You’ll need to think through tactics and form a strategy as a group, often changing in the middle of the encounter.
I’ll offer some roleplay (voice-acting) opportunities, but there is no need or pressure to join in. It is only meant to be fun.
This game, in particular, has themes of heroic (those of moderate backgrounds rising to the challenge), epic (good vs. evil) and dark fantasy (horror and dread).

List of Pregen Characters

Pulled this from the thread on pregens under 5e: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26203-5E-pre-gen-player-characters

Dragonborn Bard
Dragonborn Fighter
Dwarf Cleric (1)
Dwarf Cleric (2)
Elf Cleric
Elf Ranger
Gnome Rogue
Gnome Warlock
Half-Elf Paladin
Half-Elf Sorcerer
Half-Elf Wizard
Halfling Rogue
Half-Orc Barbarian
Human Fighter (1)
Human Fighter (2)
Human-Variant Druid
Tiefling Monk
Half-Elf-Variant Barbarian
Half-Elf-Variant Warlock
Halfling Monk
Tiefling-Variant Paladin
Gnome Bard

bigbluepaw
January 12th, 2017, 15:34
Hey folks! I've changed the dates and times to be more consistent. So it will be this Saturday and then Sunday nights after that.

I have a couple custom systems as part of this. One for running social encounters and one for travel and exploration encounters. I'm excited to try both out.

Join up!

bigbluepaw
January 12th, 2017, 18:20
Updated with a link to the game calendar.

One player is on board. Another is pending.

bigbluepaw
January 13th, 2017, 22:50
Looking for a couple more hearty souls to game with us tomorrow.

If the dates and times are a constraint, we can work around them.

PM me with any questions!

Grommit
January 14th, 2017, 04:20
PM sent

bigbluepaw
January 14th, 2017, 17:57
Alright. We have four confirmed! That includes a Tiefling Monk, Dwarven Cleric, Wood Elf Ranger and Elven Wizard.

Anyone care to join us as a Rogue? The party will need some of those skills!

ThomasStallon
January 14th, 2017, 18:13
Is that counting me?

bigbluepaw
January 14th, 2017, 18:33
Sorry ThomasStallion! Keeping forum handles and email addresses synched up can be confusing. That didn't count you, but you are in.

We're now at 5! if anyone wants to become a sixth to fill that rogue role, let me know.

ThomasStallon
January 14th, 2017, 18:41
Is your lobby up to make characters?

bigbluepaw
January 14th, 2017, 19:07
We're now full folks. Thanks!

Grommit
January 14th, 2017, 19:24
Can one person run 2 characters? If so I can throw one together.....a Rogue that is......

ThomasStallon
January 14th, 2017, 20:12
I can play two aswell if need be