PDA

View Full Version : Image (Map) Question and Player Tokens

Gwydion
January 11th, 2017, 15:05
Hey everyone. Question. I run a weekly POTA session and use Trenloe's awesome enhanced images extension. It seems that nearly every time I start our weekly session, I open the current map and share it with the players and they typically can't see all the health bars and I have to take everyone off the map and put them back on. Just seems odd to me that I have to do this every session.

To recap, at the end of each session, I typically leave all the player tokens on the map and leave them in the combat tracker. I make sure they are on the correct (top) layer (made that mistake before) and then exit fantasy grounds. When I boot back up before the next session, I see all the tokens, health bars, etc.. and everything looks good. However, when the players connect sometimes they tell me they can only see one player's health bar or they can't see any. I don't mess with options in between sessions and can't think if anything else I'm doing.

There is probably something simple I'm doing to mess things up.

I guess my fundamental question is should I have to pull all players off the map and put them back on at the start of a new session? Thanks, everyone!

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2017, 15:09
I find that when I put NPCs on the map from the encounter that the players often don't see the NPC name (I always have the name turned on). The solution is to refresh that by going into options and changing the option to something else and then back to show name. You could try something like that.

Gwydion
January 11th, 2017, 15:17
I find that when I put NPCs on the map from the encounter that the players often don't see the NPC name (I always have the name turned on). The solution is to refresh that by going into options and changing the option to something else and then back to show name. You could try something like that.

Hmm. Good idea. Maybe I'll try that before tomorrow nights session. I might also try the chat function /reload. Not sure if that should help, but maybe? Thanks, Zacchaeus. Of course, this isn't a huge issue, just something I'm curious if I'm doing it wrong.

Trenloe
January 11th, 2017, 15:19
I might also try the chat function /reload.
This won't make any difference, all this does is reload the campaign on the GM side, it won't even work with any players connected. It's a development tool: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/ A quick way of exiting and coming back in for developers to "reload" any modified ruleset/extension code they might be working on.

Gwydion
January 11th, 2017, 15:21
This won't make any difference, all this does is reload the campaign on the GM side, it won't even work with any players connected. It's a development tool: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/ A quick way of exiting and coming back in for developers to "reload" any modified ruleset/extension code they might be working on.

Ok. Thanks for pointing that out.