PDA

View Full Version : Making a Raft Float on a Map

dellanx
January 11th, 2017, 12:19
Morning,

Is there a way of putting a raft on a map. Putting a token of a raft, then putting the character's tokens on top of the raft's token will not work as far as I know. To make the raft go down stream with the characters on it, the only way I can think of is editing the map in a 3rd party software and then moving the characters. Is there another way?

Thanks!

Andraax
January 11th, 2017, 12:29
Drop the token, drop the tokens on top of it, then select all the tokens and move them as a unit.

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2017, 13:02
You may also find Trenloe's Layer extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-%28layers%29-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-%28and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG%29) useful.

Nickademus
January 11th, 2017, 17:05
On the map, in the toolbar at the top, is a button (likes like a grid of dots 3x3) that switches your cursor to multiselect mode. In that mode you can select the raft and everyone on it and they will all move when you move one of them.

As for the raft and token conflicts, my suggestion is to cut holes in the raft image in spots where the characters would place their tokens (so four holes in a 10'x10' raft). Save the image as a .png and FG will acknowledge the transparency. When you click on a character that is sitting on one of the holes, you will always grab the character's token. I did this with horse tokens to facilitate mounted characters in my game.

dellanx
January 12th, 2017, 12:43
That is awesome, that will also help when they play Blood Pig! :) Have to toss a pig from player to player and run with it of all things. LOL