PDA

View Full Version : Item Identification & minor Improvements

Muwak
January 11th, 2017, 12:11
Hey,

is it possible to use Item-Identification in the Ruleset? Doesn't seem to work for me thouht I turned it on in options.

It woult also be great if you could change the Note-Field (The one visible for Players) from plain Text to formated text.

Because of the encrypted ruleset its kinda hard to the small mods myself as i could in the old set.

damned
January 11th, 2017, 13:34
Hey,

is it possible to use Item-Identification in the Ruleset? Doesn't seem to work for me thouht I turned it on in options.

It woult also be great if you could change the Note-Field (The one visible for Players) from plain Text to formated text.

Because of the encrypted ruleset its kinda hard to the small mods myself as i could in the old set.

Notes do accept formatted text - this is a CoreRPG feature rather than a ruleset feature.
I will log the ID as an issue.

Trenloe
January 11th, 2017, 15:24
@Muwak: Which CoC ruleset? 6e or 7e?

Muwak
January 11th, 2017, 17:12
7e of course, wouldn't bother you with the old stuff, rather fix it myself :)

Muwak
January 11th, 2017, 20:14
Notes do accept formatted text - this is a CoreRPG feature rather than a ruleset feature.

The Field is indeed a CoreRPG Feature, but it isn't used in this place.

I CAN use formated text in the GM-Notes but i usually use it extensively in the Player notes to plac Images of the item, link discovered Spells and so on.

i've sent you a PN about the topic and some other questions

damned
January 12th, 2017, 00:57
Ok the types are Weapon and Armour to unlock their extra entries - anything else is descriptive only and not essential.

local sType = type.getValue();
local bWeapon = (sType == "Weapon");
local bArmor = (sType == "Armor");

That entry uses string_columnh which is used in many places and is defined in CoreRPG so clone that template and call it string_columnh_formatted and go from there...

<string_columnh name="identified" />
would become
<string_columnh_formatted name="identified" />

Hopefully that will be enough to get you on your way...

Muwak
January 12th, 2017, 10:29
Man you're great :)

So can i clone the core-RPG without messing up your extensions to the items?

damned
January 12th, 2017, 11:13
let me talk to the boss about the best way to do this.