PDA

View Full Version : Masked Maps visible to player

Mavrik6666
January 11th, 2017, 09:37
I wondered if any one else has come up with this issue...

I load a map (quite a large one) as the DM, Mask it, and expose as they adventure.

Players are saying at certain Zoom levels they can see the outline of corridors, rooms, doors etc, in rough outline, on on specific zoom (caught just right) they can see the whole map in almost full detail through the mask setting

any thoughts ?

damned
January 11th, 2017, 09:54
Its been posted a few times. The grid changes colour depending on the colour beneath it. On big maps at certain resolutions and certain zooms this has the effect of almost revealing the map.
There is no fix for this.

LordEntrails
January 11th, 2017, 17:26
Do the extensions that change the mask color help?

Nickademus
January 11th, 2017, 19:58
No. The grid sits on top of the mask and isn't affected by its color. The grid only interacts with the image itself.

.... Actually, this could be fixed per say if the grid were moved below the mask layer.

damned
January 12th, 2017, 00:40
No. The grid sits on top of the mask and isn't affected by its color. The grid only interacts with the image itself.

.... Actually, this could be fixed per say if the grid were moved below the mask layer.

Its nice that the grid changes colour based on what is underneath but most printed maps dont do that so its possibly a feature that might become an option on FGU one day... choose your grid colour... we shall see what the future brings. In the meantime its an edge case and the suggestion is to tell the players not to metagame and whack them if they do...

Nickademus
January 12th, 2017, 03:25
... or JPG could swap the order of the mask and grid layers and solve the problem.

Moon Wizard
January 12th, 2017, 03:43
Unfortunately, the mask and drawing layer are composited, while the grid is drawn on top; so I can't swap the layers like that in the current engine.

Regards,
JPG