PDA

View Full Version : LFP - 2 Players wanted for Fortnightly game. (AEDT / GMT +11)

Nulk
January 11th, 2017, 05:47
Hello all!.
Due of a couple of threads in these forums and experiences from the concept of a West Marches campaign that I play in, I have decided to risk personal life and limb by posting a new LFG thread before my much loved family find out what I’ve done.

The concept: I would like to start a second game group that plays fortnightly, playing 1-2 session adventures set in the world of Eberron. Adventures will be come from multiple sources including (but not limited to) Adventurers league, DM’s Guild, Published Resources (Kobold Press - Book of Lairs, AAW - Mini-dungeons), reskinned and updated (to 5e rules) Dungeon/Dragon magazine adventures of yesteryear or even an old 1e-4e module or two.

Adventures each session may or may not be interconnected, or played with the same PC each week, though opportunity will be provided to have a main PC that can be leveled from 1-20.

Adventurers will have the opportunity to shape the world around them, be immortalised in the Korranberg Chronicle or potentially effect the events of the PC’s in my main Friday night campaign. (Players from the Eberron Adventures group will also have the opportunity to join the Campaign group, should an opportunity arise).

So the business: Seeking 2 players wishing to join in on the fun of a series of adventures set within the world of Eberron.

Beginners to FG and D&D 5e are welcome and encouraged, as 2 existing players are highly experienced and able to assist beginners or returning players rediscovering this wonderful medium.

If interested please PM me with some detail and with some background, experience and an idea of what you want as a player.

Thanks for your interest, some details also below:

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5e
Time Zone: AEDT (UTC +11)
Day of week and time: Tuesdays 7.30pm – 11.00pm (3.5 - 4hr sessions)
Time by Timezone: 7.30pm AEDT/9.30pm NZDT/5.30pm JST/8.30am GMT/3.30am EST/2.30pm CST/1.30am MST/12.30am PST
Planned Duration & Frequency: Fortnightly sessions that will be ongoing until players get bored or the DM runs out of time.
If new game, planned start date: 31st of Jan
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Roleplay & Combat mix: Dependent on scenario, but RP always encouraged as part of the fun.
Number of Players seeking: 2
Character restrictions: Published WotC material only – some restrictions on the more unusual races.
Link to Game calendar page: tba

Atua
January 11th, 2017, 08:21
Colour me interested. I am situated at GMT +10, so I can't start until an hour later than the normal starting time in the summer months. I was interested in possibly an arcane trickster if there are no rogues currently.

skj310
January 11th, 2017, 10:07
Me too please! Am in QLD timezone.

Nulk
January 11th, 2017, 11:32
Thanks guys, i have responded to everyone who PM'd me to kick off a bit of discussion and we will organise a session 0 before kick off to create characters etc.

Thanks to everyone who applied and recruitment is now closed at this time.

Nulk

Lokth
January 11th, 2017, 14:27
Dammit, missed this >< Near perfect times for me.

One day... one day.

Teknykk
January 11th, 2017, 15:08
I'm one of the two experienced players Nulk mentioned who will be in this group, but I do run my own game on Mondays - so if you are of a region within or close to Oceanic areas such Australia, New Zealand, or thereabouts, then you could fill a spot we have open to run in Primeval Thule, if a long term campaign interests you Lokth - otherwise the next game they'll have, of which Nulk plays in, will likely end up being downtime activities, as it's a bit too deadly for a group of three to deal with.

That said, there is a character creation process involved, and plenty of house, optional and variant rules in use to make it a challenging experience. Regardless, feel free to let me know if you're interested - and I'm sure Nulk will let you know if a spot frees up for this game here.

Lokth
January 12th, 2017, 04:31
Thanks Teknykk,

Had to google Primevil Thule, and all I can say is that the setting looks amazing! Im located in Australia (SA), work standard hours as a teacher (Yay, for school holidays at the moment). Have been playing 5e for about a year now and I am itching for more. This looks great and would love to try join!

Teknykk
January 12th, 2017, 04:40
It is quite a good setting, basically Conon and Cthulhu mixed together - it's not for everyone though, especially with a hard-arse DM, as I've often been described, watching over you. The times it runs for me is currently 7 PM until 11 PM during Daylight Savings, even though I'm in Queensland, so the guys in Sydney and Melbourne are running at 8 PM until 12 AM. Once Daylight Savings turns off, I will go up to the same time as them and they won't change, so I imagine this only affects you by half an hour or something - which at this time means you're 30 minutes ahead of me but 30 minutes behind my other players. If this works for you in both Daylight Savings time and when it's off, let me know, and feel free to take a look at my other thread to get an idea of what to expect.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35255-D-amp-D-5E-Primeval-Thule-1-Player-Required

Lokth
January 12th, 2017, 08:40
replied to your pm.