PDA

View Full Version : Myrdin Potter's DMs Guild Offering

Myrdin Potter
January 11th, 2017, 04:48
https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?author=Michael%20Potter&affiliate_id=229540

Need 5e characters from level 1-10 and automated and ready to go? Click the link above.

Want preconverted D&D Adventurers League content, try these ones below:

Waterdeep City Encounters (tier 1)

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/251816/Waterdeep-City-Encounters?affiliate_id=229540

To Wake the Leviathan (tier 3 levels 11-15)

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/242840/To-Wake-The-Leviathan?affiliate_id=229540

Heart of the Wild (tier 2 levels 5-10)

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/221093/?affiliate_id=229540

Lost in Thought - Tier 3

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/246253/CCCMIND0101-Lost-in-Thought?affiliate_id=229540

Mind Trip - Tier 3 and 2nd of three

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/246478/CCCMIND0102-Mind-Trip&affiliate_id=229540

Dream Walkers - Tier 3 and the third in the trilogy.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/246480/CCCMIND0103-Dream-Walkers&affiliate_id=229540

I offer modules I convert for my home game to the authors for free so that others here can enjoy it since I have done the work anyways.

Also, I have been converting Raging Swan Press and Frog God Games content and that you can find on the FG store.

Pregenerated Characters:

Struggling with automating your characters? There are 16 different characters for all the main character classes and a good sample of races as well, with as much automated as possible.

Right now I have 16 of 16 (all the main classes plus 2 versions of a Cleric) levels 1-10 of the standard WoTC pregenerated characters converted over to Fantasy Grounds and available on the DMs Guild.

These are a big time saver if you need a character quickly, especially if a DM needs a set of characters for a one-shot or tournament they are running. They also can get you up and running quickly should one of your characters die and you need a quick replacement.

I tried to automate everything I could, so they are also examples of automation.

They are marked as "pay what you want". Each one actually is a fair amount of work. If you are a DM running a FG Con or FGDaze event and need pregenerated characters, feel no guilt about using them for free as they are meant to specifically help there.

Special thanks to Zacchaeus for his complete character packages that can be found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27296-Guides-videos-and-other-helpful-information

And a bonus link, if you want to see what products on DMs Guild have a VTT file (almost always a FG module), this link applies the right filter:

https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?filters=0_0_0_0_0_0_45545_0&affiliate_id=229540

As a small editorial comment, I was a "copper" best seller for the pregenerated characters in the recent past, but DMs Guild changed their policy so that only sales of 20 cents or more count. I have a decent number of people over the years that tipped me by spreading a small amount over all 16 of the characters. I appreciate any tip, but if you can make it at least 20 cents per character if you decided to do it, I would appreciate it.

Since this original note, a few are now copper again. Thank you very much!

Michael

JohnD
January 11th, 2017, 07:00
Nice!

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2017, 09:20
Indeed, well done.

Myrdin Potter
January 12th, 2017, 07:12
Dwarf Cleric (life domain) is uploaded and available and I started the Drow Rogue (assassin) and might finish it tomorrow. That will leave 1/2 Orc paladin and high elf fighter (eldritch knight) and then all 16 will be done.

Planning on doing an encounters series for different races that step up for different level parties and can be run as an adventure path of slowly escalating encounters that can be dropped into main campaigns (essentially themed random encounters making an add-on sub-plot). Have my daughter doing art for the first one.

Myrdin Potter
January 21st, 2017, 03:28
I added the High Elf Fighter and I might get the Half Orc Paladin done this weekend. 15/16 are done and available. The 1/2 orc is actually all entered, I just need to write up the explanation and make the PDF and upload which I will do tomorrow. The end of a long journey and next up is encounters with a story all woven through them. And more time on some conversion projects.

Myrdin Potter
January 23rd, 2017, 23:09
Just in time for the new "lairs" product, I uploaded the last of the standard 16 WoTC 5e characters, the Half-Orc Paladin.

I will be doing some original content now while also working on converting 3PP material.

If you like the job I did on the characters, please give me a review on DMS Guild.

Myrdin Potter
February 8th, 2017, 08:14
I updated all the cover images on the DMS Guild site but no changes to the files themselves. I have progressed in my first encounters product and that should be ready in a few weeks. I also had the first 3PP product I converted go live on the store (Gauntlet of Spiragos). With some time and attention, you CMA learn how to do conversions pretty quickly.

Gwydion
February 8th, 2017, 13:50
Just picked them all up to support your work and I'll be running some games over President's Day weekend and might need some pre-gens. Thanks for offering these!

Myrdin Potter
February 8th, 2017, 17:41
Thanks for the support. If you see any issues with the characters, let me know and I will fix them. It may seem like a simple matter to make a character, but following a previous version as closely as possible and trying to catch errors in the source makes it quite a long process. I have thought of just marching the characters up to level 20 (so levels 11-20) as the next step, but there is so little content out there that is not the end game in an existing adventure path that requires more than level 10.

If anyone here likes the characters, reviews on DMG always helps with visibility.

Gwydion
February 8th, 2017, 17:49
Thanks for the support. If you see any issues with the characters, let me know and I will fix them. It may seem like a simple matter to make a character, but following a previous version as closely as possible and trying to catch errors in the source makes it quite a long process. I have thought of just marching the characters up to level 20 (so levels 11-20) as the next step, but there is so little content out there that is not the end game in an existing adventure path that requires more than level 10.

If anyone here likes the characters, reviews on DMG always helps with visibility.

Yep, after I have time to look through them I will post a review. Sorry I haven't had a chance to look through Gauntlet of Spiragos yet. Too much 5E to get to and too little time! :)

Myrdin Potter
February 26th, 2017, 22:15
Sometime over this weekend I passed $50 in royalties. This is a tiny percentage of what the total would be if the full request was paid for each character but I am quite happy that the characters are proving to be useful. I have just been recycling what I do get paid to other developers that offer FG content. And remember, any FG-Con DM that needs 5e NPC can freely use these characters guilt free from having to pay anything.

damned
February 27th, 2017, 11:46
Good job Mr Potter!

Myrdin Potter
March 1st, 2017, 17:44
Unfortunately, One Book Shelf seems to have changed the front page of DM's Guild so that the Fantasy Grounds files are now buried. You can still see them if you filter for VTT, but they are not as obvious any more.

Myrdin Potter
April 18th, 2017, 05:17
Bump for new users. Lots of 5e characters about as automated as could be done.

Zacchaeus
April 18th, 2017, 11:26
I was pretty sure I had stickied this but apparently not. Situation rectified (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27298-Extensions-Modules-Pregens-and-other-5E-resources&p=244141#post244141).

Myrdin Potter
July 4th, 2017, 17:46
I know the summer/Steam sale always brings in a bunch of new players and GM's.

If you are a little puzzled by building effects into your player characters and you want a jump start, I have made a set of 5e Characters based on the official WoTC pregenerated characters.

And if you are feeling a little tapped out after all the sale goodness, they are all "pay what you want". If saving money is a motivator, think of the hour you save by using the files and even the suggested $1 price is a bargain!

Happy 4th of July (and a slightly belated happy 150th birthday to all my fellow Canadians).

Myrdin Potter
August 14th, 2017, 23:37
With the impending big drop in prices for DLC tomorrow, I figured I should bump this up so that newer users can get access to the pregenerated characters. The provide good examples and can save a lot of time if you want to get a game going quickly.

Myrdin Potter
November 18th, 2017, 03:25
Bump up for the Thanksgiving rush. Lots of 5e Characters, ready to play.

:-)

Myrdin Potter
December 3rd, 2017, 03:40
December bump.

Starting a campaign over the holidays or playing some one-offs? Need 5e characters from level 1-10 and automated and ready to go? Click the link in the first post.

Myrdin Potter
January 7th, 2018, 01:29
The holiday sale seems to have brought more new players and DMs. Struggling with automating your characters? There are 16 different characters for all the main character classes and a good sample of races as well, with as much automated as possible.

Myrdin Potter
February 6th, 2018, 01:30
It is cold in February, so if you are staying indoors and playing 5e, these characters might help.

Myrdin Potter
March 2nd, 2018, 04:54
Monthly bump and FG-Con reminder. These are all pay what you want, but I give full permission for anyone running an FG-Con game that needs pre-gens to use these without paying anything and guilt free.

Myrdin Potter
May 2nd, 2018, 08:02
Did not bump in April but May means that spring must have finally come so a bump for the real start to warmer weather which means less time to make characters yourself.

Myrdin Potter
July 7th, 2018, 06:59
With the sale in full swing, I figure there are new users who will find this useful.

Myrdin Potter
August 1st, 2018, 23:45
Bump for August. I have one new AL module converted (see link in first post) and should be a few more to follow.

noise
September 2nd, 2018, 08:49
Hey.

noticed your first link wasn't working, maybe they changed the site? Try this one: https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?keywords=&author=michael+potter&artist=&pfrom=&pto=?affiliate_id=229540

Myrdin Potter
September 2nd, 2018, 15:10
Something must have changed, I redid the url and it should work now. I suspect they are moving to https only or something.

noise
September 2nd, 2018, 15:13
Spot on :)

Myrdin Potter
September 2nd, 2018, 15:15
I will have two more AL modules up soon, maybe even 3 if I get it done this weekend. Was waiting until at least one more went up before I bumped it. :-)

Myrdin Potter
September 8th, 2018, 03:59
Latest AL conversion added to the list in the first post.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/221093/?affiliate_id=229540

Heart of the Wild - Tier 2 (levels 5-10) set in Chult.

Myrdin Potter
October 5th, 2018, 03:37
Monthly bump. New AL module added. https://www.dmsguild.com/product/246253/CCCMIND0101-Lost-in-Thought?affiliate_id=229540

FG-Con reminder - any DM needing Pre-gens, use my DMs Guild one and feel no guilt for 0 pay what you want as I support FG-Con and created these specifically to help people run games for the con.

Myrdin Potter
November 5th, 2018, 01:55
Monthly bump and a new module was converted:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/246478/CCCMIND0102-Mind-Trip&affiliate_id=229540

Will do 3/3 of the CCC Mind series in the next week or two.

Myrdin Potter
November 16th, 2018, 14:31
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/246480/CCCMIND0103-Dream-Walkers&affiliate_id=229540

And the third one of the CCC-MIND01 trilogy converted and now available.

Took careful tracking down and many emails, but it is done. :-)

Myrdin Potter
November 17th, 2018, 23:10
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/251816/Waterdeep-City-Encounters?affiliate_id=229540

Waterdeep City Encounters is converted and available. I did this for my own campaign, but spent the time to make a "release" level version of it and tracked down the main developer who then uploaded it for everyone.

Myrdin Potter
December 3rd, 2018, 04:30
Nothing new on DMS Guild since my last post, but for my monthly bump I'll mention that I also have some .mods here on the Fantasy Grounds store (and Steam). The City That Dripped Blood put out by Frog God Games was converted by me as are all of the Raging Swan modules that are available. Will be a few more from each publisher by me soon.

Myrdin Potter
January 2nd, 2019, 15:18
In December I mainly added items for the store here, but I will be working on more for DMs Guild soon.

If you buy one of the modules in it original list, noting that the Fantasy Grounds conversion is what attracted you to the module helps more designers to loo Kay doing more in tne future.

Myrdin Potter
February 2nd, 2019, 17:39
Monthly bump. The last 2 months I have mainly been converting for the main Fantasy Grounds store, but will be doing some DMs Guild material soon.

Myrdin Potter
March 1st, 2019, 14:42
Bumping for March. The past month I worked on a bunch of store conversions (and I continue to do that). I am working on a few DMs Guild conversions in the background now, so will be some new ones soon enough.

The ones I have done on DMs Guild have all been as a courtesy for the community. AL modules only can have one listing, and I have provided the .mod file to the module author for free. If you click on the link in my original post I get a small referal fee, and I have spent 100% of my referral fees on either other people's conversion work or modules that I have then converted.

If having a FG .mod file proved important, please leave that in a review or discussion.

Myrdin Potter
April 4th, 2019, 14:11
Monthly bump.

Myrdin Potter
May 1st, 2019, 11:10
Another month, another bump. I sent in two modules for 5e to the main store this month (one is already for sale), but no DMs Guild item. That will start changing again as I get more free from work things about mid month in May.

Myrdin Potter
June 3rd, 2019, 14:21
A few more items added to the FG store by me, but nothing I have used recently from DMs Guild that wasn't already converted, so no new work there last month.

Many of my pregenerated characters are approaching Copper status (50 people paid). Total downloads are a large multiple over paid. There is no requirement to pay, but if you have used them and liked them, you can go back and get them again and pay something. Even a small payment helps move the status up.

Atua
June 4th, 2019, 01:44
... if you have sued them and liked them, you can go back and get them again and pay something...

Awesome, I can get money from those low life rogue Pre-gens and pass that onto you... ;)

Myrdin Potter
June 4th, 2019, 02:55
Awesome, I can get money from those low life rogue Pre-gens and pass that onto you... ;)

:-p

Myrdin Potter
July 12th, 2019, 04:28
July bump.

Getting pretty close to copper status on the pregenerated NPCs ...

sorvan76
July 19th, 2019, 21:35
:bandit:

Myrdin Potter
July 29th, 2019, 20:16
There is an Xmas in July sale going on now (ending really soon) with 25% off most of the products in this thread.

Myrdin Potter
September 4th, 2019, 22:54
Many of my pregenerated characters are very close to copper status (at least 50 people have paid for them). Only a slight boost is needed.

Myrdin Potter
October 4th, 2019, 00:30
Monthly bump.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/194772/Pregenerated-Character--High-Elf-Wizard--FG-Version

That one is the closest to going copper (50 paid downloads).

Myrdin Potter
November 9th, 2019, 14:23
Now a Copper best seller for at least one of my pre-gens, with a few more really close.

:-)

Myrdin Potter
December 22nd, 2019, 14:48
I have been mainly concentrating on converting for the Fantasy Grounds store (about 1 conversion every 2 months as time allows). I am happy to see the continued success of my conversions in the mains tore, with one of mine (in vino gigantus being selected as a give away for the new FGU and three others were in the most recent Humble Bundle). How Orcus Stole Christmas is selling well now in a combination of the season and the sales price.

In terms of DMs Guild activity, I cannot track actual sales for everything as I mainly have offered them to creators as a "freebie" because I had already converted for personal use. Only if the links in the first post are used can I see if there was a sale. I do know that two of the pre-generated characters I did (both with elf as a race) are now copper best-sellers. That means that at least 51 people paid me something for the effort.

I would like to wish everyone here Happy Holidays and you can expect me to continue to convert and help people here where I can.

Myrdin Potter
March 10th, 2020, 22:49
I have not had much time for conversions recently (just moved to a new house and I have a few in queue, but I thought I would give this thread a bump).

Myrdin Potter
April 3rd, 2020, 13:21
Bump for all the new players.

Myrdin Potter
April 13th, 2020, 19:19
Added a link at the bottom of the first post that brings up all the products flagged as VTT on DMs Guild.

Myrdin Potter
April 28th, 2020, 21:28
As a small editorial comment, I was a "copper" best seller for the pregenerated characters in the recent past, but DMs Guild changed their policy so that only sales of 20 cents or more count. I have a decent number of people over the years that tipped me by spreading a small amount over all 16 of the characters. I appreciate any tip, but if you can make it at least 20 cents per character if you decided to do it, I would appreciate it.

Myrdin Potter
May 9th, 2020, 14:22
Celebrating being a copper best seller again!

Myrdin Potter
June 1st, 2020, 22:56
Monthly bump.

Myrdin Potter
July 10th, 2020, 17:35
Work has been crushing me, but I am slowly getting back to conversions of AL content (helping my daughter who DMs).

Myrdin Potter
August 2nd, 2020, 20:56
So many good extensions and conversions making it onto DMs Guild these days.

Myrdin Potter
September 9th, 2020, 17:48
Now, technically these are not “paid” to me unless you give something for the pregenerated characters (which I appreciate), but here are a variety of modules I have done over time. Any time I convert a module for personal use that DMs Guild does not allow multiple listings for, I arrange for the author to make it available at no charge from me. Thus everyone else gets it as well.

Myrdin Potter
October 3rd, 2020, 03:48
I noticed that with the revamp of the DMsguild page, VTT was not a choice of format until you did a proper search. Click the link below and it should permanently appear:

https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?filters=0_0_0_0_0_0_45545_0&affiliate_id=229540

Myrdin Potter
November 7th, 2020, 13:58
Celebrating November arriving ...

Myrdin Potter
December 3rd, 2020, 06:08
And now in December ...

Myrdin Potter
January 11th, 2021, 19:50
Bump!

Myrdin Potter
May 7th, 2021, 16:41
I have not bumped this in a while. I have been concentrating more on releases for the Smiteworks store, but my DMs Guild conversions are still there and useful. The example characters still see steadsy downloads and enough people are paying enough for them (20 centrs I think is the minimum) that they are each slowly becoming copper best sellers.

Myrdin Potter
June 7th, 2021, 05:29
Bump from Vegas where I just finished enjoying live playoff hockey from the full arena.

Myrdin Potter
July 26th, 2021, 18:30
Bumping again.

Myrdin Potter
September 13th, 2021, 19:19
Bumping this up. My latest eforts have all been in the Fantasy Grounds store, but I am proud to have done the FG conversion for the #1 product on DMsguild.

Myrdin Potter
April 8th, 2022, 19:20
Have not bumped this for quite a while.

Myrdin Potter
June 17th, 2022, 22:11
Another bump ...

Myrdin Potter
November 1st, 2022, 12:13
Have not bumped this up in ages

Myrdin Potter
February 26th, 2023, 17:29
Have not bumped for quite a while ...

Myrdin Potter
July 5th, 2023, 02:14
I think it has been long enough to warrant a bump.

Myrdin Potter
January 30th, 2024, 03:45
bump