PDA

View Full Version : GURPS 4E Core Ruleset

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 00:42
This unofficial GURPS Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds is developed with the permission of Steve Jackson Games.

Latest Release Downloads

GURPS 4E Core Ruleset - FG Unity (FG Unity only)
FG Forge shop (FG Unity users only): FG Forge Shop (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/454/view)
(Updated: 12th Mar 2024)

GURPS 4E Core Ruleset - FG Classic (FG Classic only. The ruleset for FG Classic is no longer being updated)
Download latest release from here: https://bit.ly/GURPS4ECore
(Updated: 14th Mar 2022)

* Here is a video demonstrating some of the features of the GURPS ruleset (it will be updated some day): https://youtu.be/pSm-9Trzd5w

GURPS Core Theme for Unity
Download the latest release of the GURPS Core theme from here: https://bit.ly/GURPSCoreUTheme
(Updated: 10th Mar 2024)
(Courtesy of Gigermann)

GCA Exporter Files
Download the GCA exporter files from here: https://bit.ly/GCAtoFGExport
(Updated: 21st Aug 2018)
(Courtesy of Andraax)

GURPS No Dice Extension
Download an extension to remove non-GURPS dice from the Fantasy Grounds desktop: https://bit.ly/GURPSNoDiceExt
(Updated: 22nd Oct 2022)
(Courtesy of Ronnke)

* A video tutorial demonstrating the process of exporting and importing characters from GCA: https://youtu.be/CHn7jkM0UFQ
* A video tutorial demonstrating the process of exporting and importing characters from GCS: https://youtu.be/atTstjdU2_A

Please report any bugs, errors.

You can export and import (player characters only) from the previous ruleset. You can also import PCs/NPCs using the currently available GCA export to FG created by Saithan.

One feature which is not obviously clear, you can drag and drop Skills onto the attributes at the top of the skills section. This will perform an attribute based skill role using the skill's relative levels. eg To do an IQ based, Guns roll, to un-jam a rifle, simply drag and drop the appropriate skill onto the IQ box.

Enjoy.

Suggest New Ideas and Features

Click the following link to have your input on future ruleset development/improvement: http://gurps4efg.idea.informer.com/proj/

Upcoming Features/Wishlist

Add GURPS Character and Racial templates
Mini Sheets
Hit Points by location (torso, arms, legs, shield, etc)
Heath status and effects to show in token mouseover(tooltip).

Version Information

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.12.0 - 12th Mar 2024 (FG Unity Only)
- Fixed: Minor FG/CoreRPG (Ver 4.5) breaking changes.
- Added: Ability to output Traits, Abilities, Items, Vehicles, and Notes to the chat window.
- Other: Refactored ruleset code bring it inline with FG/CoreRPG changes.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.11.1 - 9th Mar 2024 (FG Unity Only)
- Fixed: FG/CoreRPG (Ver 4.5) breaking changes.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.10.3 - 19th Nov 2023 (FG Unity Only)
- Fixed: FG/CoreRPG breaking changes.
- Fixed: Inventory location equip/unequip.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.10.2 - 19th Jun 2023 (FG Unity Only)
- Fixed: Formatting issue with effects window.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.10.1 - 15th Jun 2023 (FG Unity Only)
- Fixed: Script errors following the FG4.4 release.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.10.0 - 11th Mar 2023 (FG Unity Only)
(This update will make changes to the campaign database. If concerned, backup your campaign folder before applying)
- Fixed: Several compatability issues with CoreRPG.
- Fixed: Chat Window default position.
- Fixed: Skill, Spell ability auto level calculations.
- Added: Power, Other ability auto level calculations. (Accessible via the "Info/Detail" section icon)

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.9.2 - 22nd Oct 2022 (FG Unity Only)
- Fixed: Client Combat Tracker script error issue.
- Fixed: Dice placement issue.
- Fixed: NPC tab order.
- Added: GURPS No Dice optional extension to the ruleset forge update.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.9.1 - 10th Jun 2022 (FG Unity Only)
- Fixed: Language script error issue.
- Added: Toolbar controls to enable/disable range modifiers on map pointers.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.9.0 - 5th Jun 2022 (FG Unity Only)
- Fixed: 12 point token facing on hex maps.
- Added: Range modifier to map pointers.
- Added: RoF changes to handle shotguns. (eg RoF 3x9)

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.8.2 - 18th Mar 2022 (FG Unity Only)
- Fixed: a minor script warning.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.8.1 - 14th Mar 2022 (FG Unity Only)
- Fixed: issue with languages.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.8.0 - 10th Mar 2022 (FG Unity Only)
- Fixed: issue with inventory and encumbrance.
- Other: refactored some code.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.7.2 - 14th Mar 2022 (FG Classic Only)
- Fixed: issue with languages.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.7.1 - 10th Jan 2022
- Fixed: issue with abilities and weapons were not rollable.
- Fixed: issue where you could add NPC abilities in readonly mode

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.7.0 - 10th Jan 2022
- Fixed: breaking changes from Nov 2021 FGU update.
- Fixed: issue with adding new characters from character window.
- Added: button to roll basic Swing and Thrust damage.
- Other changes fixes not worth mentioning.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.6.2 - 18th Jul 2021
- Added: Resource tracking tab to main page of the character sheet.
- Fixed: Fixed theme compatibility issue.
- Other changes fixes not worth mentioning.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.6.1 - 3rd Apr 2021
- Fixed: Script errors related to 0 point Techniques.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.6.0 - 17th Mar 2021
(This update will make irreversible changes to the campaign database. As a precaution, backup your campaign folder before applying)
- Added: Abilities and Traits properly reflect information contained in Library data. Accessible via the "Info/Detail" section.
- Added: Skill and spell point values will now calculate the appropriate levels. Bonus points or levels are adjusted via the abilities "Info/Detail" section.
- Fixed: Some issues with FGU.
- some other changes not worth mentioning.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.5.6 - 29th Sep 2020
- Fixed: Character sheet labels to work better with the FGU Light and Dark themes.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.5.5 - 18th Sep 2020
- Fixed: Some FGU compatibility issues.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.5.4 - 4th Jun 2020
- Fixed: Issue with the combat tracker menu not displaying reset combat option.
- Added: Option in the combat tracker menu to delete everything from the tracker.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.5.3 - 2nd Jun 2020
- Added: New HP and FP status conditions to combat tracker and character sheet combat tab.
- Added: Effects clearing to the combat tracker menu.
- Added: Prerequisites field to skill records.
- Fixed: Issue where combat tracker was not sorting properly in all cases.
- Updated: Point calculations to calculate disadvantages across the whole character sheet, not just the Traits Tab.
- Refactored some code in preparation for the next major release.
- A few minor fixes not worth mentioning.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.5.2 - 26th Mar 2020
- Fixed issue related to characters imported from GCS, where Encumbrance Level was always overloaded.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.5.1 - 23th Mar 2020
- Fixed: Bug with range calculation for muscle powered ranged weapons.

GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.5.0 - 22th Mar 2020
- Added: Half Move and Dodge check box to character sheet and tracker. (Clear and re-insert characters to Combat Tracker if experiencing problems)
- Added: Added ability for items to have multiple types. eg Melee Weapon and Ranged Weapon.
- Added: Added missing skill types for abilities (HT/E, HT/A, HT/H, HT/VH).
- Fixed: Bug with auto-fill of combat stats when some items were dropped onto a character sheet.

damned
January 11th, 2017, 00:45
Im first!
Well done roonke!

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 00:46
Im first!
Well done roonke!

Well technically second. ;) :p

Torg Smith
January 11th, 2017, 00:52
WOOTERS!!!!

Thank you for your work. I will be checking it out. :D

Keppler
January 11th, 2017, 01:25
Thank you Ronnke!

Trenloe
January 11th, 2017, 01:27
45 minutes and no yako2020? He can't have been that anxious for this new ruleset! ;)

Great work ronnke.

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 01:29
I've already found a bug. Fixing it now.

damned
January 11th, 2017, 01:30
he wont see it because i had posted a reply on his post just a minute or two before ronnke did... Im sure he is not too far away... :)

Dakadin
January 11th, 2017, 01:37
Thanks Ronnke! I've just done a quick look through and it looks great. :D

viresanimi
January 11th, 2017, 01:38
This looks quite amazing. I haven't played Gurps in many many years, but now I want to again!

I did run into an error:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_main.lua"]:35: attempt to index global 'traits' (a nil value)

That was just by making, locking / unlocking an npc. Might be due to the fact that I run the test version. Just wanted give a heads up on this.

Great work sir!

Vires Animi

seycyrus
January 11th, 2017, 01:47
It's finally here (for first release). ...
Download from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi8xg07o9wroslm/GURPS.pak

Thanks Ronnke! A quick question...if I am using the existing ruleset, can i just replace the .pak file with yours? Will it keep the current campaign, or should I start a new one (export, import etc)?

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 01:55
Thanks Ronnke! A quick question...if I am using the existing ruleset, can i just replace the .pak file with yours? Will it keep the current campaign, or should I start a new one (export, import etc)?

I would start a new campaign. Export the characters from the old campaign and then import into the new one. If you really must, then you can replace the .pak and load your campaign, but this may have unpredictable results. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CAMPAIGN BEFORE TRYING THIS!

I will look at the migration/upgrade code for using your old campaigns in the days ahead.

seycyrus
January 11th, 2017, 02:02
I will look at the migration/upgrade code for using your old campaigns in the days ahead.

Please don't let THAT take a priority over other, perhaps more important things. I could survive without it.

EDIT: On second thought, it would be useful to be able to pull in all the modifiers etc. I've created.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 11th, 2017, 02:10
Thanks Ronnke you are the best!

seycyrus
January 11th, 2017, 02:20
Is anyone else having problems pulling in NPCs exported from GCA4?

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 02:22
This looks quite amazing. I haven't played Gurps in many many years, but now I want to again!

I did run into an error:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_main.lua"]:35: attempt to index global 'traits' (a nil value)

That was just by making, locking / unlocking an npc. Might be due to the fact that I run the test version. Just wanted give a heads up on this.

Great work sir!

Vires Animi

Script error fixed!

The new GURPS.pak can be downloaded from the original link.

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 02:31
Is anyone else having problems pulling in NPCs exported from GCA4?

You wont be able to import NPC's from GCA until Saithan's script, which does the export, has been modified to then new NPC data format.

seycyrus
January 11th, 2017, 02:49
You wont be able to import NPC's from GCA until Saithan's script, which does the export, has been modified to then new NPC data format.

Nod! I think he might need to modiy the PC export as well. Inventory is not being populated. btw, this is looking really nice!

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 02:53
Nod! I think he might need to modiy the PC export as well. Inventory is not being populated. btw, this is looking really nice!

The inventory should import correctly. I have on several occasions. can you send me the file you are trying to import.

demonsbane
January 11th, 2017, 02:57
So here it is. Kudos to you!

seycyrus
January 11th, 2017, 03:02
Certainly! Here it is.

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 03:09
Certainly! Here it is.

That imported fine for me.

seycyrus
January 11th, 2017, 03:23
That imported fine for me.

Hrm, here is a screenshot of the error I get as I import. The front tab looks good. But some of the others are not populated, notably the inventory. (And I don't know how to paste from the FG clipboard, evidently!)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 11th, 2017, 03:24
Trenloe, Damned I was just late because of problems with my internet, but now I'm here and very happy with Ronnke's great work.Now I can start the campaign and of course I will translate this ruleset into my native language.

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 03:38
Hrm, here is a screenshot of the error I get as I import. The front tab looks good. But some of the others are not populated, notably the inventory. (And I don't know how to paste from the FG clipboard, evidently!)

I made a few changes.

Download the .pak and try again.

seycyrus
January 11th, 2017, 10:15
@Ronke. Thanks for your prompt attention. I'll try things out when I get back from some travel tomorrow.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 11th, 2017, 13:32
I have a doubt, have how to apply the damage directly, ie rolling the damage and decrementing the targets hit points or I have to adjust through the CTRL + Mouse Scroll

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 13:38
I have a doubt, have how to apply the damage directly, ie rolling the damage and decrementing the targets hit points or I have to adjust through the CTRL + Mouse Scroll

You have to manually alter the targets hit points, you can edit directly using keyboard, or CTRL + Mouse Scroll.

Any sort of automation is a grey area with regards to the SJG Online policy. I would like to get permission from SJG to add some limited automation.

Andraax
January 11th, 2017, 13:56
You can make the fields so that you can drop positive and negative numbers on them and they'll adjust. SJG can't copyright basic mathematics.

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 13:56
Posted a new update to the ruleset. See OP for details.

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 14:30
You can make the fields so that you can drop positive and negative numbers on them and they'll adjust. SJG can't copyright basic mathematics.

That's currently available in the latest release.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 11th, 2017, 14:55
I created some languages as a game master, and then I connected to test in the player's view and in the languages part I wrote one of the languages, but I can not select it in the chat to understand or speak in that language, the problem of selecting language is in the Part of the player.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 11th, 2017, 15:02
I have a doubt automations such as decreasing ammunition can not be made?
Another question is that those modifiers of damage, cut, punch, etc. can not be applied automatically to the damage roll, as well as apply the DR of the target in this damage roll?

Herodian
January 11th, 2017, 15:57
I have a doubt automations such as decreasing ammunition can not be made?
Another question is that those modifiers of damage, cut, punch, etc. can not be applied automatically to the damage roll, as well as apply the DR of the target in this damage roll?

Counting ammunition would be unreasonably complicated for a small amount of convenience, in my opinion. The entry for a weapon includes maximum rate of fire, but the attacker may choose to use less than the maximum. A whole system of declaring how much of the maximum rate is being used on each individual attack would have to be built, and you'd just be shifting the burden of keeping track of your own ammo to the burden of having to specify in the application how many rounds you want to use, so it can track for you.

About automatic damage application, we discussed this during playtest and it was pointed out that since there is no calculation of DR, the amount of damage applied would only be correct for an unarmored opponent. In addition to that problem, directly applying the damage from the roll would also ignore any advantages that alter or negate the effects of certain damage types. For example, creatures with "Homogenous" do not take extra damage from piercing or cutting attacks.

Also, as Ronnke mentioned, both of these features would count as automation and require special permission from SJG to avoid violating their current policy.

HalC
January 11th, 2017, 16:02
Hello Ronnke,
I downloaded the file today and am putting it through its paces right now. I did discover a "minor" nit right off the bat purely by accident...

I used the Traveller Add on for FG2, primarily because it was easier to view for my player whose eyes, like mine, are a wee bit older than *cough* 50 years of age. When chatting in the window for chatting, it seems that the Traveller Add on doesn't fit perfectly in the chat box when using your GURPS set up. No biggie to be honest with you. What I did to fix the issue was remove the TRAVELLER add on (skin?) from consideration and it worked JUUUuuuuuust fine.

I grabbed a character import and found myself having to look a bit to find where the character was located, because of the differences between your version and the one I had been using. Once I finally figured it out, SWEET! :)

I'm old and set in my ways, I'll admit, but thus far, my exploration of the new set up is going smoothly, for which I want to say "Thank you". I almost feel disloyal to the person who originally did the GURPS rules set up - but truth be told, were it not for the original work done on this, I'd have never purchased FG2 in the first place. Your addition gives me some more options to play with, and I want to say to both of you gentlemen "THANK YOU! for both of your work involved in getting GURPS up and running in FG2".

I'm wondering why the Language add on for GURPS didn't show up, but that is likely MY fault rather than anything else. In all... you've helped make a man a little happier in life. :)

:)

:)

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 16:10
I will have a look at the languages issue and release v3.0.2 in a day or two. I'll give people time to report any other issues.

HalC
January 11th, 2017, 16:14
I will have a look at the languages issue and release v3.0.2 in a day or two. I'll give people time to report any other issues.

First off...

YOU have a life outside of the internet.

Secondly...

Don't rush to fix issues - just collect them and pick a different date to work on it. Surely you need a break! (and no - please no.... "Stop calling me Shirley" responses! *snicker*)

Thanks Guy.

Hal

HalC
January 11th, 2017, 16:25
Adding New possible "flaw"

Dodge is equal to movement+3. I'm noticing that the dodge values for characters seem to be 1 higher than they should be for encumbrance values greater than unencumbered. I checked to see if the character had combat reflexes or not, and found that it did not. So, I'm thinking that maybe I missed something here at my end.

Addenda to post: I loaded up a fantasy fighter character who has combat reflexes. The program does take into account the combat reflexes for unencumbered (ie the Dodge value is correct for unencumbered) but is higher by 1, what the dodge values should be for any other encumbrance levels.

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 16:53
Adding New possible "flaw"

Dodge is equal to movement+3. I'm noticing that the dodge values for characters seem to be 1 higher than they should be for encumbrance values greater than unencumbered. I checked to see if the character had combat reflexes or not, and found that it did not. So, I'm thinking that maybe I missed something here at my end.

Your Dodge is calculated based off your basic move, and then is -1 per encumbrance level. It is not calculated on your encumbered move.

Andraax
January 11th, 2017, 17:24
That's currently available in the latest release.

Doesn't seem to work. I just tried dropping numbers onto the "HP" field in the CT and it ignored them.

You can do a number of calculations directly in the chat window (apply DR manually, and halve or double the result) - now if I could just drop that result onto a "wounds" fields in the CT, that is all that is needed. Addition and subtraction of a field value *cannot* be copyrighted by SJG, especially if it's a field they do not even define.

Incidentally, this is the appropriate code in the C&C ruleset:

<number_ct_crosslink name="wounds">
<anchored to="rightanchor" width="30" height="20">
<top />
<right anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="-10" />
</anchored>
<hideonvalue value="0" />
<tabtarget prev="nonlethal" next="init" />
<script>
function handleDrop(draginfo)
if draginfo.getType() == "number" then
local node = window.getDatabaseNode();
local rActor = ActorManager.getActorFromCT(node);
ActionDamage.applyDamage(nil, rActor, CombatManager.isCTHidden(node), "number", draginfo.getDescription(), draginfo.getNumberData());
end
end

function update()
window.onHealthChanged();
end
</script>
</number_ct_crosslink>

HalC
January 11th, 2017, 17:24
Your Dodge is calculated based off your basic move, and then is -1 per encumbrance level. It is not calculated on your encumbered move.

You're correct on that one - I've allowed the character sheet from GCA to do all of my thinking (brain fart admission on my part).

What I'm doing now is using a 200 point character named Beowulf, and testing things based on GCA versus what is showing in the information. It has been a while since I've run a purely TL3 or less campaign, so I'm double checking things one step at a time. In the print preview of GCA, I've got Beowulf with combat reflexes, using a medium Shield, with a shield skill of 16. Half of 16 is 8, so Block is a base 8 plus 3 for active defenses, gives a base of 11, plus 1 for combat reflexes, for a base 12. So that works as it should in the sense that the basic block is 12 in GCA. What I did notice is that it doesn't seem to have a Defensive Bonus value based on the actual shield used. Is there a way to have a DB value on the combat sheet? This way, if a player is using a medium shield with a magical bonus to Defense Bonus equal to say, +1, I can enter in a 3 DB value to modify the Block?

Litvyak
January 11th, 2017, 19:19

I think you mean Basic Speed.

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 22:21
I think you mean Basic Speed.

Correct. :)

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 22:24
... Is there a way to have a DB value on the combat sheet? This way, if a player is using a medium shield with a magical bonus to Defense Bonus equal to say, +1, I can enter in a 3 DB value to modify the Block?

You can record shield DB among other things within the Protection section of the Combat tab.

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 22:26
Doesn't seem to work. I just tried dropping numbers onto the "HP" field in the CT and it ignored them.

Make sure you have the latest release, I added that ability in the v3.0.1 update.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 11th, 2017, 23:12
Roonke thank you very much for your work, for your patience and especially for offering us a new GURPS based on CoreRPG.But I still have doubts ...Type the part of rolling damage and subtracting PV can be used without fear.Another thing, I was watching the video and realized that you could roll an attack or dodge directly on the target and it would appear in the chat, I was trying to do that and it did not work.

Andraax
January 11th, 2017, 23:14
Another thing, I was watching the video and realized that you could roll an attack or dodge directly on the target and it would appear in the chat, I was trying to do that and it did not work.

Are you sure you put the PC / NPC into the combat tracker, then dragged it from the CT to the map? Because it works fine for me when I do that (and that is the preferred method).

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 11th, 2017, 23:18
No i donīt made a map..I will try again

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 23:19
Are you sure you put the PC / NPC into the combat tracker, then dragged it from the CT to the map? Because it works fine for me when I do that (and that is the preferred method).

Yako, Andraax is correct. The target must be in the tracker for the targeting to work. You can drag n drop to the token on the map, you can also drag n drop to the combat tracker for both client and host.

ronnke
January 11th, 2017, 23:33
A new update is available...only aethstetic changes.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 11th, 2017, 23:46
Andraax and Ronnke, you're right I had not seen, I found the symbol || Very confused, I think the symbol would be better.Ex: Heroi [ATTACK]> Villain or even Hero [DODGE]> Villain

ronnke
January 12th, 2017, 00:07
... Ex: Heroi [ATTACK]> Villain or even Hero [DODGE]> Villain

I had done that originally, but when you tack on a bunch of modifiers, the target sort of gets lost in the text following. Putting the "Villain || [Something] ... " seems clearer to me. I'll see what other say about it.

seycyrus
January 12th, 2017, 02:48
I made a few changes.

Download the .pak and try again.

I'm all set with my character import. Thanks Ronke. One thing I am wondering, on the main tab on a character sheet. Is there a way to tell what enc level the character is currently at? I think the previous version used to have the current level be in bold

ronnke
January 12th, 2017, 02:54
I'm all set with my character import. Thanks Ronke. One thing I am wondering, on the main tab on a character sheet. Is there a way to tell what enc level the character is currently at? I think the previous version used to have the current level be in bold

Not at present. Behind the scene this information is still stored. I'm just tossing up a few different ways to implement this. Give me a week or so.

seycyrus
January 12th, 2017, 03:00
Not at present. Behind the scene this information is still stored. I'm just tossing up a few different ways to implement this. Give me a week or so.

Perhaps there is no need. I was really trying to get at the current dodge value on the main sheet. I see that the current value is listed on the "combat" tab.

Andraax
January 12th, 2017, 03:06
Also, on the main tab, the current Move tells you what column to use for dodge.

seycyrus
January 12th, 2017, 03:42
... I was watching the video and realized that you could roll an attack or dodge directly on the target and it would appear in the chat, I was trying to do that and it did not work.

What video are we talking about here?

ronnke
January 12th, 2017, 04:23
What video are we talking about here?

Probably this one: https://youtu.be/pSm-9Trzd5w

seycyrus
January 12th, 2017, 13:52
Probably this one: https://youtu.be/pSm-9Trzd5w

Ah, I had forgotten about it. Very nice to be able to watch it and work through the ruleset at the same time!

One thing i noticed, and maybe it is just me, but I don't think the range penalties are being displayed on the map. I think it would be also useful if the range penalty to a target is automatically applied to the attack dice role. I don't see how this would be "automation", after all one is still interacting with the map, and the tracker. As has been mentioned before, this is just adding and/or subtracting.

Seeing the combat tracker on the Player side is really great! Definitely like the status descriptions (Healthy, Fair etc.). I see on your wish list that you are thinking about adding hp trackers on the various limbs. Would it be possible to modify the status in some way to reflect this ( CRA = crippled right arm, perhaps)?

ronnke
January 12th, 2017, 14:07
Ah, I had forgotten about it. Very nice to be able to watch it and work through the ruleset at the same time!

One thing i noticed, and maybe it is just me, but I don't think the range penalties are being displayed on the map. I think it would be also useful if the range penalty to a target is automatically applied to the attack dice role. I don't see how this would be "automation", after all one is still interacting with the map, and the tracker. As has been mentioned before, this is just adding and/or subtracting.

Seeing the combat tracker on the Player side is really great! Definitely like the status descriptions (Healthy, Fair etc.). I see on your wish list that you are thinking about adding hp trackers on the various limbs. Would it be possible to modify the status in some way to reflect this ( CRA = crippled right arm, perhaps)?

The range penalties are not being shown. I'm still trying to come up with a nice method of doing this. On the subject of autocalc the mod on attack rolls...GURPS mods can be situational. There may be instances in which you don't want the penalty applied (eg. Self guided weapons). I do have some ideas on this front, like having the range mod displayed in the tools area of the map, then you can click or drag if you need to apply a modifier.

As for CRA in the combat tracker...that's a bridge I'll cross when we get there. Happy for people to offer suggestions.

ronnke
January 13th, 2017, 00:09
A new update is available...again only aesthetic changes.

seycyrus
January 13th, 2017, 03:26
Do we anticipate being able to use the "Gurps_4eTableRolls" with this new ruleset?

Andraax
January 13th, 2017, 03:31
It has support for CoreRPG tables built in. Adding the tables is pretty trivial. And probably would violate the SJG policy if the actual tables were distributed.

ronnke
January 13th, 2017, 03:34
Do we anticipate being able to use the "Gurps_4eTableRolls" with this new ruleset?

Nope. The Tables method Andraax mentioned is the way to handle it now.

ronnke
January 14th, 2017, 18:53
A new release is available: v3.0.2

This fixes the language bug. No other bugs were reported. Yay!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 14th, 2017, 19:56
Hi Ronnke
As I am a bit curious, what was the problem I had in the language part, something very complicated or not?

seycyrus
January 14th, 2017, 20:01
A new release is available: v3.0.2

This fixes the language bug. No other bugs were reported. Yay!

I don't understand what this is addressing? Is there an intrinsic language ability similar to "Gurps_4Elanguages.ext? If so, how do I access it?

seycyrus
January 14th, 2017, 20:10
One thing I just noticed is that the on the "Main" tab, under the "reaction" tab. The reaction modifiers are not listed as shown in the video, at least with a char imported from GCA4. It lists the modifiers, but does not have them as clickable. Are they meant to be active, or am I meant to add them myself?

seycyrus
January 14th, 2017, 21:17
Another suggestion. Remove the character point totals and such for players when they choose their character at launch. I'm not sure why players should be able to see those values. Makes sense for the GM, but not the players.

ronnke
January 14th, 2017, 23:23
Hi Ronnke
As I am a bit curious, what was the problem I had in the language part, something very complicated or not?

Not complicated. it was related to the location of the character languages in the database.

ronnke
January 14th, 2017, 23:23
I don't understand what this is addressing? Is there an intrinsic language ability similar to "Gurps_4Elanguages.ext? If so, how do I access it?

Yes, CoreRPG has languages built in. You can create languages for you campaign in the options screen. The dropdown in the chat window will then be populated with your campaign languages.

ronnke
January 14th, 2017, 23:30
Another suggestion. Remove the character point totals and such for players when they choose their character at launch. I'm not sure why players should be able to see those values. Makes sense for the GM, but not the players.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to see that, but I will make this an option to can turn on or off. What are the thoughts of others.

seycyrus
January 14th, 2017, 23:42
I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to see that, but I will make this an option to can turn on or off. What are the thoughts of others.

Well, I don't want my players comparing point values with each other. I also populate the characters list with NPCs, and I want their point total to be unknown.

Andraax
January 14th, 2017, 23:44
Well, I don't want my players comparing point values with each other. I also populate the characters list with NPCs, and I want their point total to be unknown.

Players can only see their own characters. So, they can only compare point totals among character sheets that they control anyway...

seycyrus
January 15th, 2017, 00:14
Players can only see their own characters. So, they can only compare point totals among character sheets that they control anyway...

Hrmm, perhaps I am being misled because I only know what I see when I run a 2nd instance as a player on my own computer. If what Andraax says is correct, there is nothing that needs to be addressed.

Andraax
January 15th, 2017, 00:34
Connect with one player name, take control of a character. Then connect with a different name, you shouldn't see that character being controlled by the "other" name.

Litvyak
January 15th, 2017, 00:50
Hrmm, perhaps I am being misled because I only know what I see when I run a 2nd instance as a player on my own computer. If what Andraax says is correct, there is nothing that needs to be addressed.

And for NPCs in the character list, you can right click on them and select "Take Ownership (as GM)".

seycyrus
January 15th, 2017, 01:28
And for NPCs in the character list, you can right click on them and select "Take Ownership (as GM)".

Thank you for your help!

seycyrus
January 15th, 2017, 01:34
Yes, CoreRPG has languages built in. You can create languages for you campaign in the options screen. The dropdown in the chat window will then be populated with your campaign languages.

I can access a sub-window using the "languages" button, from the options tab, but run into difficulty. I see a field where I can manually enter a language (Elven for example) and a corresponding drop down menu where I assume there are meant to be font choices. Unfortunately, there are no choices available. I have also tried placing the "Fantasy Language Fonts.ext" into my extensions folder, but do not see it as something I can pull into my gurps campaign.

ronnke
January 15th, 2017, 03:50
I have also tried placing the "Fantasy Language Fonts.ext" into my extensions folder, but do not see it as something I can pull into my gurps campaign.

I don't use the languages feature, so I'm familiar with the intricacies. I will play around or maybe someone more familiar, can advise.

damned
January 15th, 2017, 04:52
I don't use the languages feature, so I'm familiar with the intricacies. I will play around or maybe someone more familiar, can advise.

Please link to the extension?
It probably hasnt listed this ruleset so wont show up for this ruleset.
You can most likely use the CoreRPG Languages Support found in options and add your own in.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2017, 05:40
The Language Extension is found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26775-Expanded-Fantasy-Language-Fonts-(FG-v3-1-3-) It explains (in post #2) how to add your own languages (and available language fonts) into an extension.

damned is correct - this extension doesn't have the GURPs ruleset tag - you can add this into the extension pretty easily.

ronnke
January 15th, 2017, 07:42
A new release is available: v3.0.3

Fixed damage display bug.
Fixed bug in inventory when characters were imported from GCA.

seycyrus
January 15th, 2017, 13:47

As always, thank you for your work. Especially on a night when you are probably running your own game.

seycyrus
January 15th, 2017, 14:08
Fixed bug in inventory when characters were imported from GCA.

Am not aware of the nature of this bug, but thank you.

I now notice that as I toggle the inventory items from carried->equipped->not equipped the "Total Weight Carried" changes in value, which is great. Is this weight meant to be linked to the "Move" field, on the "Current Attributes" section on the Main page?

ronnke
January 15th, 2017, 14:17
As always, thank you for your work. Especially on a night when you are probably running your own game.

Well, it was because of our group's game that v3.0.3 is available. :)

ronnke
January 15th, 2017, 14:22
Am not aware of the nature of this bug, but thank you.
Is this weight meant to be linked to the "Move" field, on the "Current Attributes" section on the Main page?

When imported from GCA, the total cost and weight were not correct if you had a quantity greater than one.

No, the move field is not linked, but I have some possible ideas on that front.

seycyrus
January 15th, 2017, 14:53
Fixed damage display bug.

Just noticed a few things on the CT, but had not really investigated it before, so I am not aware if these new items are a result of the modifications you made.

Dm and player instance of FG open. Have a map, with encounter pinned. Open up encounter. -> Load encounter into CT. -> Pull in character into CT.

1) As the GM, when I double click on the NPCs on the map, their NPC sheet opens up, but it is also accompanied by some script errors (see attachment).

2) Targeting now seems limited to friendly units (for the GM), and cannot be done at all on my player instance. The arrows and range are being displayed on the map, but the target message is not being displayed on the CT. Dice rolls (dodge etc.) are also not going to their target.

3) The damage reduction for HP now seems to be working, IF you manually pick up the dice and roll it in the chat window. GM can pull the value (both the one he rolled and player rolled) and drop it onto HP, and HP will be reduced accordingly. BUT does not decrement if I roll the damage from the combat page by double clicking the damage button, and then try to drop that value onto the HP field on the CT.

ronnke
January 15th, 2017, 15:30
Just noticed a few things on the CT, but had not really investigated it before, so I am not aware if these new items are a result of the modifications you made.

Dm and player instance of FG open. Have a map, with encounter pinned. Open up encounter. -> Load encounter into CT. -> Pull in character into CT.

1) As the GM, when I double click on the NPCs on the map, their NPC sheet opens up, but it is also accompanied by some script errors (see attachment).

2) Targeting now seems limited to friendly units (for the GM), and cannot be done at all on my player instance. The arrows and range are being displayed on the map, but the target message is not being displayed on the CT. Dice rolls (dodge etc.) are also not going to their target.

3) The damage reduction for HP now seems to be working, IF you manually pick up the dice and roll it in the chat window. GM can pull the value (both the one he rolled and player rolled) and drop it onto HP, and HP will be reduced accordingly. BUT does not decrement if I roll the damage from the combat page by double clicking the damage button, and then try to drop that value onto the HP field on the CT.

I can reproduce issue number 1 and 3, but not number 2.

seycyrus
January 15th, 2017, 18:52
I can reproduce issue number 1 and 3, but not number 2.

I restarted my computer, and now things seem to be working smoothly regarding targeting. Attribute it to user error.

Valekk
January 16th, 2017, 17:54
Hey Ronnke,

Having issue with drag & drop skills from a story tab / module to a character sheet.

TalonKaine
January 16th, 2017, 19:48
I am having the same issue as Valekk. If I drag the red box from a Story file (with text of the description of a skill that I typed in) into the the player character sheet to overlap/override the red box next to that particular skill name it does not work. Is this a known bug? Anyone else out there able to copy in their own descriptions for skills? They can be manually written in, but I want to copy them from my modules I made. The text in my story file is both visible and shared to GM and players, but neither player or GM can get the drag and drop feature to work.

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

ronnke
January 16th, 2017, 21:08
@Valekk & @TalonKaine

This is not a bug. It's functionality not designed into the ruleset.

Can you clarify exactly what you are trying to achieve and I can maybe facilitate it in a future release. TalonKaine, if I understand correct, you simply want to copy the note information of a skill back and forth. Whereas, Valekk, I'm assuming you want to be able to drag and drop whole skills.

TalonKaine
January 16th, 2017, 21:25
Please see the screenshot below. The pink lines are all three places I've tried to drag the skill description that I have wrote up in the Story area, however it won't override the red square in the skills description. The green line is what happens when you click the red box next to the skill. How can I take advantage of the red boxes in skills, powers, spells, etc by dragging in my own descriptions from the Story tab? Thanks again.

weselbold
January 16th, 2017, 21:31
During some character generation tonight, we've encountered a bug - but sadly, I can't tell you what actually caused it or how to reproduce it. The character we were editing suddenly lost the field for "move" on the main tab (as you can see in the character sheet on the left). From that moment on we've got an error message ("Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (move) in windowclass (charsheet_main) Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (move) in windowclass (charsheet_main)") whenever we tried to do anything on the main tab. Another error message appeared on the combat tab ("Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (move) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (move) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)"). The constantly (whenever we tried to edit the main or combat tabs) appearing error window rendered the character in question useless. We had to create a new character sheet (the right one) and start filling out the entries again. So far, the "Move" Attribute hasn't disappeared on us.

ronnke
January 16th, 2017, 21:35
@TalonKaine

I can add the functionality to the ruleset. As a workaround until that feature is available in the ruleset, the player will have to cut n paste that information manually.

TalonKaine
January 16th, 2017, 21:40
Thanks Ronnke! Yeah this was the biggest feature I was looking forward to from your first screen shot seeing those boxes haha. I wanted to make my own module with the skills, powers, spells, equipment, etc... and be able to drag those to the PC sheet. So that if a player spends xp to learn Riding, I can then drag over Riding and the whole description is there at his fingertips to cut down on referencing the huge rulebook. Also when it comes to spells and powers I"ve made up hundreds of my own that I wanna have in a database to call upon. Thanks for all your hard work.

ronnke
January 16th, 2017, 21:43
@weselbold

Were you using the latest release of the ruleset? I have encountered that or a similar issue previously and it was fixed in v3.0.1.

Andraax
January 16th, 2017, 21:44
Highlight the text in the story entry, press Ctrl-C. Click in the entry for the skill description, press Ctrl-V. Once you've created the skill description, you can drag it to a "template" character that you use to drag and drop in the future.

I believe the next release will add the ability to directly create skill entries without using a "template" character.

ronnke
January 16th, 2017, 21:49
Thanks Ronnke! Yeah this was the biggest feature I was looking forward to from your first screen shot seeing those boxes haha. I wanted to make my own module with the skills, powers, spells, equipment, etc... and be able to drag those to the PC sheet. So that if a player spends xp to learn Riding, I can then drag over Riding and the whole description is there at his fingertips to cut down on referencing the huge rulebook. Also when it comes to spells and powers I"ve made up hundreds of my own that I wanna have in a database to call upon. Thanks for all your hard work.

So it's not so much the note that you want to be able to drag n drop, you would prefer to drop the skill itself, with the note already filled in.?

TalonKaine
January 16th, 2017, 21:57
@ Ronnke Yeah I think that's what I want. I want to have my own module made with every skill in gurps all typed out like you see in my screen shot for Fast Draw. Then when someone creates a PC or purchases a skill/power etc... I want to drag the red box from my homemade skill list (in the Story tab) and drop it on to the red box on the Personal Characters skill line. Thus taking all the text/formatting from the story box over to to the skill box. So that when the player clicks on the little red box next to his skill, it will open the Story file (which is the full skill description I made) that I created instead. Make sense? :)

@Andraax Thanks I'll try this method until the update occurs. :)

Andraax
January 16th, 2017, 22:33
Actually, never mind. That doesn't work. I never tried it in the GURPS ruleset, because I just use GCA for character creation / maintenance. You can't drag and drop between character sheets (yet?)...

ronnke
January 16th, 2017, 22:44
@TaloneKaine Understood.

I may go one better. How hard would it be to parse your lists into the below xml format? Something like that may be better handled as a library module.

<abilities>
<id-00001>
<name type="string">Acrobatics</name>
<type type="string">DX/H</type>
<text type="formattedtext">Some information about Acrobatics</text>
<modifiers>
<id-00001>
<name type="string">Some Modifier</name>
<value type="number">1</value>
<id-00001>
<id-00002>
... Additional modifiers
<id-00002>
</modifiers>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
... Additional abilities
<id-00002>
</abilities>

Don't go and do anything yet...I'm just thinking ahead at the moment.

GunbunnyFuFu
January 16th, 2017, 22:47
Ronnke,

Is that how you'd parse gear (weapons, body armor, and gear)? Looking for the proper XML format so that I can drag and drop to the character sheet..been experimenting with no results.

GB

ronnke
January 16th, 2017, 22:52
Ronnke,

Is that how you'd parse gear (weapons, body armor, and gear)? Looking for the proper XML format so that I can drag and drop to the character sheet..been experimenting with no results.

GB

Drag n drop functionality of weapons, armor, etc, is not available yet. It's on the "Upcoming Features/Wishlist" list for future development. I'm not sure of the format just yet, but as I get closer to implementing it, then I'll post the xml.

Andraax
January 16th, 2017, 23:22
I decided to experiment, and I added a few new fields from the "skills" section of the GCA export. This change will also export the fields "description", "default", "notes", "user notes", and "page". (Sample below.) This way, you can put all that text into GCA, and any characters you build with GCA will bring over the text automatically (much of it is already filled out in the GCA data files). Ronnke would just have to add support for the new data to be imported.

BTW, Ronnke, while I'm looking at this stuff, what changes are needed for the NPC export filter? Maybe I can whip those up as well....

<skilllist>
<id-00001>
<skill_name type="string">Administration</skill_name>
<skill_type type="string">IQ/A</skill_type>
<skill_level type="string">13</skill_level>
<skill_relative_level type="string">IQ+2</skill_relative_level>
<skill_points type="number">8</skill_points>
<skill_default type="string">IQ - 5, SK:Merchant - 3</skill_default>
<skill_description type="string"></skill_description>
<skill_notes type="string"></skill_notes>
<skill_usernotes type="string">Administration
IQ/Average
Defaults: IQ-5 or Merchant-3.
This is the skill of running a large
organization. It is often a prerequisite
for high Rank (p. 29). A successful
Administration roll gives you a +2 reaction bonus when dealing with a
bureaucrat, and allows you to predict
the best way to go about dealing with a
bureaucracy.</skill_usernotes>
<skill_page type="string">B174</skill_page>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<skill_name type="string">Brawling</skill_name>
<skill_type type="string">DX/E</skill_type>
<skill_level type="string">11</skill_level>
<skill_relative_level type="string">DX+0</skill_relative_level>
<skill_points type="number">1</skill_points>
<skill_default type="string">SK:Brawling Art - 3, SK:Brawling Sport - 3</skill_default>
<skill_description type="string">Notes: Calculated damage takes into account bonuses from Teeth, Weak Bite, Claws, and skill level. You may add the modifier "Has Gauntlets/Brass Knuckles" or "Has Boots" to apply the +1 damage to Punch or Kick, as appropriate.</skill_description>
<skill_notes type="string"></skill_notes>
<skill_usernotes type="string">Brawling
DX/Easy
Defaults: None.
This is the skill of “unscientific”
unarmed combat. Roll against
Brawling to hit with a punch, or
Brawling-2 to hit with a kick.
Brawling can also replace DX when
you attack with teeth, claws, horns, or
other “natural weapons.”
Brawling improves damage: if you
know Brawling at DX+2 level or better, add +1 per die to basic thrust damage when you calculate damage with
Brawling attacks – punches, kicks,
claws, bites, etc. Work out damage
ahead of time and record it on your
character sheet.
Brawling includes the ability to use
the blackjack or sap. An attack with
such a fist load is considered a punch
at +1 to damage.
When you defend with bare hands,
Brawling allows you to parry two different attacks per turn, one with each
hand. Your Parry score is (skill/2) + 3,
rounded down. Brawling parries are
at -3 vs. weapons other than thrusting
attacks. For more on barehanded parries, see Parrying Unarmed (p. 376).</skill_usernotes>
<skill_page type="string">B182</skill_page>
</id-00002>
</skillist>

ronnke
January 16th, 2017, 23:58
@Andraax

Attached is the complete npc structure required to import.

Andraax
January 17th, 2017, 05:00
@Andraax

Attached is the complete npc structure required to import.

OK, I have the export script working to generate that format, but the weapons / attacks are not showing up (everything else is). Format looks good as far as I can tell - can you look over this sample and tell me why the meleecombatlist and rangedcombatlist elements are not loading?

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 07:29
OK, I have the export script working to generate that format, but the weapons / attacks are not showing up (everything else is). Format looks good as far as I can tell - can you look over this sample and tell me why the meleecombatlist and rangedcombatlist elements are not loading?

Your tag is incorrect:
<meleecombatlist type="string"> should be <meleecombatlist>

The same is true for the ranged combat list.

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 07:40

Nice work BTW. Not being able to import NPCs from GCA was a pain. Do you feel like giving PCs the same treatment while you are at it. ;) It will bring the PC script up to date with the new data format so they won't need to be converted on import.

EDIT:
It would also be really nice to have the Grimoire details added as part of the spell export / import.

weselbold
January 17th, 2017, 10:12
I can't answer since all my posts get denied. I wonder what forbidden words I might have used.

weselbold
January 17th, 2017, 10:13
How do I check for version number? I did get the ruleset about 3 hours before my post yesterday.

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 11:25
How do I check for version number? I did get the ruleset about 3 hours before my post yesterday.

It appears at the top of the text in the chat box when you finish loading your campaign.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 17th, 2017, 12:36
Now We Can Export NPCs from the GCA?

Andraax
January 17th, 2017, 13:44
Here are the current export filters. NPCs should work pretty well. If you tell me what you want changed with PCs, I can do that as well.

One thing - you may want to consider putting spells in a separate section for NPCs. For now, I'm prefixing the spell name with "Spell:" so that they'll at least all be grouped together under abilities...

(Note, consider these beta - the code needs a lot of cleaning up, but they are working pretty well...)

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 14:19
An update version is available, v3.0.4.

This addresses all known bugs (not feature requests) reported to date.

Includes:
Fixed combat tracker linking issue.
Redesign of NPC character sheet.
Minor bug fixes and code optimisations.

EDIT: After updating, script errors may result when you open the combat tracker. To fix this simply clear everything from the tracker and re-add.

Andraax
January 17th, 2017, 14:23
Does this include the ability to drop values onto the HP to adjust (or a "wounds" fields on the CT)?

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 14:25
Does this include the ability to drop values onto the HP to adjust (or a "wounds" fields on the CT)?

Yes. And <Ctrl>+Drop will add to the HP/FP

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 14:31
Here are the current export filters. NPCs should work pretty well. If you tell me what you want changed with PCs, I can do that as well.

One thing - you may want to consider putting spells in a separate section for NPCs. For now, I'm prefixing the spell name with "Spell:" so that they'll at least all be grouped together under abilities...

(Note, consider these beta - the code needs a lot of cleaning up, but they are working pretty well...)

Many thanks for this. On your say so, I will add these scripts to the original post so people can find them easily.

Andraax
January 17th, 2017, 14:32
Hmm, just tried it and it didn't work. Neither the HP/FP on the CT or the fields on the PC/NPC sheets themselves.

The new NPC sheet looks good. Can you enlarge the "Traits" block, or (preferably) put a larger version of it onto the "Notes" tab.

Feel free to put the attachment on the original post. You might want to use a dropbox link so it's easy to update in the future...

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 14:34

NOTE: After updating, script errors may result when you open the combat tracker. To fix this simply clear everything from the tracker and re-add.

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 14:35
The new NPC sheet looks good. Can you enlarge the "Traits" block, or (preferably) put a larger version of it onto the "Notes" tab.

The Traits block will grow with the contents.

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 14:37
Hmm, just tried it and it didn't work. Neither the HP/FP on the CT or the fields on the PC/NPC sheets themselves.

Drag the "Damage Total" to the HP/FP. Dragging the damage roll itself will not work. You could grab the blood-drop icon or the total value and drag that.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 17th, 2017, 14:40
In a future that I hope will not be too far the possibility of rolling the damage and subtracting directly from HP will be possible ... just like in the other rulesets?

Andraax
January 17th, 2017, 14:41
The Traits block will grow with the contents.

I'm not seeing that, either. This trait block should have like 6-7 lines of info:

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 14:50
In a future that I hope will not be too far the possibility of rolling the damage and subtracting directly from HP will be possible ... just like in the other rulesets?

That's a very problematic thing to do, as GURPS has so many options when it comes to damage. ie cut, cr, imp, pi, burn, tight beam burn, homogeneous, non-living, diffuse, blunt trauma, immunity, resistance, vulnerability, different types of dr, armor divisors, hit locations, etc, etc, etc.

Andraax
January 17th, 2017, 14:52

Doing this directly will probably run afoul of the SJG copyright, as it would directly implement game mechanics.

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 15:08
I'm not seeing that, either. This trait block should have like 6-7 lines of info:

Re-fixed.

Gotta hate it when you make a change and then erase your change doing other stuff. :P

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 17th, 2017, 15:08
I may be wrong, and if I apologize right now ...But I think of this damage procedure - hp is not a unique and unique mechanic inherent in this RPG system, it is something that is present in all others and would say that it would be infringing something if the applied damage calculated the modifiers (for example , Cut) and before that applied DR before calculations, but decrementing HP through pure and direct damage is possible and is not breaking rules in any way.But as I said at the beginning I may be wrong: DAnd I have yet to add one more thing!GURPS on CoerRPG is getting better and ever more beautiful.Thank you Ronnke!

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 15:20

I just uploaded a quick-fix to v3.0.4.

Andraax
January 17th, 2017, 15:20
It's the calculations involving the piercing, cutting, etc modifiers and DR that would infringe, if they're automated.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 17th, 2017, 16:03
I know this Andraax, but the simple fact that I go there and roll so let's say 1d + 2 damage and the result subtracting the HP from the target did not break the rules right?
Now while writing wrote me a question ..
If we say so I have RD applied before the damage, but the damage type modifiers would not ... would I be infringing any topic of the SJGames rules?

Andraax
January 17th, 2017, 16:15
Well, the ruleset already has the ability to add and subtract modifiers (which can handle the DR). And you can right-click on a die roll and either halve or double the result. So, those two can handle nearly all combat results in a semi-automated fashion. If we could just then drag and drop the result onto the HP / FP fields, then that's all that's needed.

And I still can't get the drag and drop to work.... Don't know what I'm doing wrong....

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 16:49
And I still can't get the drag and drop to work.... Don't know what I'm doing wrong....

See here: https://youtu.be/QuZ68kswYgI

seycyrus
January 17th, 2017, 21:57
Well, the ruleset already has the ability to add and subtract modifiers (which can handle the DR). And you can right-click on a die roll and either halve or double the result. So, those two can handle nearly all combat results in a semi-automated fashion. g....

If we had a x3 modifier on the dice roll, it would be even better. x3 would also allow you to do x1.5 ( = x 3 / 2 )

Andraax
January 17th, 2017, 22:08
You can get 1.5 now by dragging and dropping, then 1/2 and drag and drop again.

damned
January 17th, 2017, 22:16
OT: If SJG are never going to grant you a license then I dont understand why people follow their "no automation" rule. US copyright law clearly states you cant protect mechanics, only the style, flavour, story.

ronnke
January 17th, 2017, 22:33
Regardless of whether it's "ok" with SJG, I think GURPS has far too many situational options (if advanced combat is your thing) to automate something like that. At least it wouldn't be something easy to achieve. I have had in mind a "GM Aid" where the appropriate options, modifiers, etc, can be selected and the GM then applies damage from that. That said, it's not like you can't easily work this stuff out in your head, we do it all the time when playing at the table, face to face.

ronnke
January 18th, 2017, 03:46
I uploaded a new version of the same v3.0.4 release. It makes minor layout modifications, namely the labels not lining up when editing.

ronnke
January 18th, 2017, 23:38

If you want to tackle this, then attached is the complete struction of the PC xml. Many thanks!

It is important to note this in the export file. This tells the ruleset that no conversion is required.

<root version="3.2" release="4|CoreRPG:3">

demonsbane
January 19th, 2017, 00:45
It's awesome to see the continued support of ronnke here, after the initial release. Very much appreciated!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 19th, 2017, 19:22
After the update of the Fantasy Grounds the language function still works?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 19th, 2017, 19:45
The Language problem:

17507 17508

Andraax
January 19th, 2017, 20:17
Seems to work fine for me...

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 19th, 2017, 20:46
Should be some problem with my extension that translates CoreRPG, I need to see if there is something wrong with it.

ronnke
January 19th, 2017, 21:51
I have not had any recent bug reports. Yay! So, I will be moving onto new features. Are there any particular requests or preference from the community on that front?

If there is no urgency on features, then I plan to tackle the "items" as the next new feature. This will allow things like weapon, armour and vehicle stats, plus the ability to drag and drop into their respective places on the character sheet.

How much detail would you like to see given to NPCs, do they need tracking of equipment? Andraax has requested spells to be separated from the other abilities. I'm going to include this with the next release.

Thoughts and comments???

TalonKaine
January 19th, 2017, 23:32
Sounds awesome Ronnke.

So I would like to see the NPC have more detail added if possible. I really flesh out my NPCs with Skills, Spells, Advantages/Disadvantages, Personality traits etc. Basically for me personally the more you can get the NPC sheet to look/act like the PC sheet the happier I'll be. Another idea is that I always thought it would be cool if on the NPC sheets there was a small little button where we can drag the image link. So we can easily bring up the NPC image when the NPC is encountered.

Keep up the amazing work!

Valekk
January 19th, 2017, 23:43
The ability to drag and drop into the skills (red block) would be great as well

Andraax
January 19th, 2017, 23:51
If you fully flesh out your NPCs, why don't you just create a PC sheet for them? NPC sheets should be used like the little NPC index cards in GURPS - just some basic info. If you have a fully fleshed out NPC, just create a PC sheet for him and put it under GM control, so your players can't see him.

And you can currently drag and drop an image link into the notes tab for an NPC image.

ronnke
January 20th, 2017, 00:05
If you have a fully fleshed out NPC, just create a PC sheet for him and put it under GM control, so your players can't see him.

And for those that didn't know. You can do this via a Radial Button option in the Character Selection Screen.

ronnke
January 20th, 2017, 00:10
The ability to drag and drop into the skills (red block) would be great as well

Noted.

ronnke
January 20th, 2017, 00:13
I always thought it would be cool if on the NPC sheets there was a small little button where we can drag the image link. So we can easily bring up the NPC image when the NPC is encountered.

So you'd like to see a specific feature for this, beyond the ability, as Andraax mentioned, to link images via the notes?

Andraax
January 20th, 2017, 00:15
And for those that didn't know. You can do this via a Radial Button option in the Character Selection Screen.

Or, the old fashioned method of logging into your campaign from a second instance and taking control. :-D

TalonKaine
January 20th, 2017, 01:51
If you fully flesh out your NPCs, why don't you just create a PC sheet for them? NPC sheets should be used like the little NPC index cards in GURPS - just some basic info. If you have a fully fleshed out NPC, just create a PC sheet for him and put it under GM control, so your players can't see him.

Well my campaign is on-going. In the last ruleset I must have had hundreds of NPCs entered into the campaign. They were organized into Good, Neutral, Evil, Monsters, Beasts, etc. All with different tabs and whatnot. Unless there is some way to categorize PC's like that then I think it be hard to navigate hundreds of player characters in that manner wouldn't it?

Andraax
January 20th, 2017, 02:12
I just can't see spending the time to fully flesh out hundreds of NPCs like this. A half dozen or so "boss" bad guys, sure. But most of the mooks should have no more than a couple skills, maybe a few spells, and couple attacks. I just don't get spending the time to do all that, nor tracking hundreds of "major" NPCs.

Like it says in the Campaigns book: "You should design important NPCs just like player characters, but you can give “cannon fodder” and “bit players” logical abilities by using templates (see Character Templates, p. 445) or by assigning appropriate traits on the spur of the moment without regard to point value."

I just don't think there are very many GMs out there that fully flesh out minor, one time use NPCs. Certainly I don't think there are enough to justify making the NPC sheets as extensive as the PC sheets.

GunbunnyFuFu
January 20th, 2017, 02:19
I'm all for items! Being able to drag and drop from a library module would be awesome!

GB

TalonKaine
January 20th, 2017, 02:20
I guess it's because for the last several years I have revolved my game around one city, where I have each of the shop members, important government people, etc all fleshed out because they are visited often. Also when it comes to allies and villains, I play my game similar to comic books where everyone is a reoccurring (until they die) at some point. The players get to know the personalities of the townsfolk, and who they are related to, in love with, their past, plans for the future etc. It really gets the players invested into the world. So yeah maybe I do it different then most, but I can't see how adding more room for NPC details is a bad thing. If someone runs a game where they don't need much info for their NPCs that's fine. Just fill in the fields you want. But for others like myself, I was just saying it would be great to have more to work with.

Andraax
January 20th, 2017, 02:23
I'm all for items! Being able to drag and drop from a library module would be awesome!

Err, you already can?

Andraax
January 20th, 2017, 02:35
I guess it's because for the last several years I have revolved my game around one city, where I have each of the shop members, important government people, etc all fleshed out because they are visited often. Also when it comes to allies and villains, I play my game similar to comic books where everyone is a reoccurring (until they die) at some point. The players get to know the personalities of the townsfolk, and who they are related to, in love with, their past, plans for the future etc. It really gets the players invested into the world. So yeah maybe I do it different then most, but I can't see how adding more room for NPC details is a bad thing. If someone runs a game where they don't need much info for their NPCs that's fine. Just fill in the fields you want. But for others like myself, I was just saying it would be great to have more to work with.

I have a campaign that's been running for several years, revolving around a central city, and have all that same stuff (shopkeepers, government people, etc). Other than 3 main villains, no one else is fully fleshed out. There are even NPCs that travel with the party (so they're in play constantly) and they don't consist of any more than a few key skills, a few common attacks, and a series of notes. I don't track advancement for them (though they will advance periodically as the party advances) - I just don't see the need for massive book keeping like that. I'm not an accountant by trade, but even if I was, I would not bother to use it in game.

That said, there are software logistics. Adding NPCs that are as complex as PCs makes the database grow exponentially. And it does so, even if you're not using that data - so adding that for the relatively few people who would use it would cause problems for the large number of people who don't, in a software system that already can have problems with memory size. In addition, it makes maintaining and updating the software more complex as well, and makes the UI much more complex and crowded.

TalonKaine
January 20th, 2017, 02:42
Well Andraax I guess that is where we are different. Either way, he was asking for suggestions so I gave my two cents on what I would like to see for my play style. In the end it's up to Ronnke if he wants to implement it or not. Either way I'm fine and I'll make due with the current NPC sheets. They are after all much much better than the last version of the ruleset. :)

GunbunnyFuFu
January 20th, 2017, 02:43
I can drag and drop weapons, armor, and gear from a library module I build to my character sheet?

GB

Andraax
January 20th, 2017, 02:46
And I was giving my suggestion as well - to not change that feature, other then segregating the spells separate from the skills. :-)

Andraax
January 20th, 2017, 02:47
I can drag and drop weapons, armor, and gear from a library module I build to my character sheet?

No, just generic items. There is not currently any support for different item types. Making your characters via GCA and importing is still the best method.

GunbunnyFuFu
January 20th, 2017, 02:50
Ah, OK. Then let me rephrase my support of being able to drag and drop for different item types! Thanks for clarifying Andraax!

GB

Andraax
January 20th, 2017, 03:09
First, Ronnke needs to add support for those item types - then the export and drag / drop from modules should be automatic because this ruleset is based on CoreRPG. :-)

ronnke
January 20th, 2017, 04:06
And I was giving my suggestion as well - to not change that feature, other then segregating the spells separate from the skills. :-)

Both points are valid.

I asked this question in the early days and there were differing opinions then, so I kept that in mind when working the database for PCs and NPCs. In terms of structure, they are the same under the hood, it's only the quantity of data that changes. I should be able to accommodate both camps with a configurable option. If the GM wants, they can run with the lightweight NPC sheet/data. They can likewise set the option, and then open NPC's in a full character sheet with extended data requirements.

TalonKaine
January 20th, 2017, 12:07
If the GM wants, they can run with the lightweight NPC sheet/data. They can likewise set the option, and then open NPC's in a full character sheet with extended data requirements.

Ronnke...You are the man cool guy! :rv:

weselbold
January 20th, 2017, 15:07
@weselbold

Were you using the latest release of the ruleset? I have encountered that or a similar issue previously and it was fixed in v3.0.1.

Sorry for the delay, but I did just get around to check for the version number. I have been using 3.03 when we had the problem with the disappearing current move field. Maybe the bug is still unresolved then?

ronnke
January 20th, 2017, 16:53
Sorry for the delay, but I did just get around to check for the version number. I have been using 3.03 when we had the problem with the disappearing current move field. Maybe the bug is still unresolved then?

It is possible this bug still exists. Make sure you have the latest version of the ruleset (v3.0.4 as of this post), then try again. If the error still persists, then can I ask you to zip the "db.xml" file in your campaigns folders and send this to me, either as an attachment in this thread or via a PM. Thanks.

demonsbane
January 21st, 2017, 01:01
Another idea is that I always thought it would be cool if on the NPC sheets there was a small little button where we can drag the image link. So we can easily bring up the NPC image when the NPC is encountered.

I also agree with this suggestion.

Honken
January 21st, 2017, 19:33
I did experience the loss of the "Current move" box... I do think it was with 3.0.3 though... I am not sure. I will get back if it happens again. Good thing I was editing the character and had not filled in that much of it so i could just delete it and then add a new one.

/H

ronnke
January 29th, 2017, 21:55
The GCA export script for PCs has been updated to take advantage of things in the new ruleset (yay for spell information). You can download it from the link in the first post of this thread.

Enjoy

seycyrus
January 30th, 2017, 02:31
...(yay for spell information). ...
What changed?

ronnke
January 30th, 2017, 04:18
What changed?

The export will now add the spell data, (ie Time to cast, Duration, Cost to Cast, Resists, etc). If only GCA stored the spell descriptions, then that could also be exported.

weselbold
January 30th, 2017, 21:01
We tried to play tonight and again, one of the characters lost his current move box. This time with ruleset 3.0.4. I can't say what caused the error, the only things happening shortly before the first error message were a roll on a skill and the player entering 1 unspend CP (both on the affected sheet). I'm not completely sure about this, but it might even be, that the box is only missing on my version of the sheet and not on the players - he said, he would still see it and that he can enter values in it.
Do you want me to send you the campaign file to check if you can find the error?

ronnke
January 31st, 2017, 02:24
We tried to play tonight and again, one of the characters lost his current move box. This time with ruleset 3.0.4. I can't say what caused the error, the only things happening shortly before the first error message were a roll on a skill and the player entering 1 unspend CP (both on the affected sheet). I'm not completely sure about this, but it might even be, that the box is only missing on my version of the sheet and not on the players - he said, he would still see it and that he can enter values in it.
Do you want me to send you the campaign file to check if you can find the error?

Yes please do. Note the name of the character causing the problem.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 9th, 2017, 10:27
If I am right in my thoughts the points not spent, are the points I gained as an experiment or that I saved on creating my character.
From what I understand both the player and the master can manage these points, however I noticed that it is not being displayed at the moment that I will select the character.
Unspent Points 0 always appears, even though I have given some in the character sheet.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 9th, 2017, 13:40
I'd just like to know if the old extension Gurps_4eTableRolls.ext will be converted to this new version of the GURPS rule set.

ronnke
February 9th, 2017, 13:43
... Unspent Points 0 always appears, even though I have given some in the character sheet.

This was fixed in the latest release.

ronnke
February 9th, 2017, 13:45
I'd just like to know if the old extension Gurps_4eTableRolls.ext will be converted to this new version of the GURPS rule set.

There is no need. Core has table functionality built-in.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 9th, 2017, 14:48
ronnke the last release is the 3.0.4?

ronnke
February 9th, 2017, 15:14
ronnke the last release is the 3.0.4?

Yes. However, I did push the release that fixed the Unspent Points out using the same version number. The fix was very minor and so soon after 3.0.4 that I didn't bother with a new release. So download the ruleset again and you will see the correct unspent points.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 10th, 2017, 12:24
I'm curious about two things cited in future developments:
1 - How will the hit by body parts work?
2 - Will the items be classified as we see in the Book?

ronnke
February 10th, 2017, 12:32
I'm curious about two things cited in future developments:
1 - How will the hit by body parts work?
2 - Will the items be classified as we see in the Book?

1. My current plan is to allow you to define HP by locations (if you want to). You will then be able to track damage to a location and note things such as crippled, destroyed, severed, etc.

2. For the most part, yes. Current thoughts are, general, melee weapon, ranged weapon, armor/shield, vehicle/mount, spaceship.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 10th, 2017, 13:39
I do not know if it would be banned, but with this improvement, could DR be added to the damage by subtracting the rolled total?
Example: Let's say that I attack the leg of some enemy and it has natural RD of 3, I would roll the damage and would subtract this value ... and as for the damage and application modifiers on the target would be done manually.

ronnke
February 10th, 2017, 16:47
It's too hard to implement. If you have things like split DR chainmail 3/4 or ballistic armor 12/4*, which DR do you subtract? In GURPS the relationship between damage and DR depends on several factors. It's far simpler to work this out in your head. I've been doing this since I started roleplaying back in the 80's. Not to mention, it might violate SJG policy.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 10th, 2017, 16:55
I play since 90's and love, I forgot about split DR :( and yes this will be violate the SJG Policy :(
Uncle Steve give us a full and automatized GURPS on FG, please :D
Another question de HP Location will, apply modifier to hit the body part?

ronnke
February 11th, 2017, 03:42
Another question de HP Location will, apply modifier to hit the body part?

Short answer, is no. You will have to apply those modifiers yourself.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 11th, 2017, 09:10
OK :D
I Think, that maybe woks like this:
1 - Select Token
2 - Select the Body Part
3 - A modifier is applied by the choose
4 - Roll the Skill
and.....

ronnke
February 11th, 2017, 09:30
Wouldn't it be just as easy to:

1. Select the target
2. Select the hit location from the FG modifiers list
3. Roll the dice.

seycyrus
February 14th, 2017, 04:25
Ronnke,

1) Are you still considering adding in the range modifiers to the map, when players target monsters or vice versa? Or has it been decided that it is not worth pursuing?

2) When importing characters, the weights do not seem to be imported correctly from GCA4 for "special considerations". For example, GCA4 lists "Brigandine, Light (Arms) (Expert Tailoring)" at 4.25 lbs, but character sheet lists it as 5 lbs., which is the standard weight.

ronnke
February 14th, 2017, 05:02
Ronnke,
1) Are you still considering adding in the range modifiers to the map, when players target monsters or vice versa? Or has it been decided that it is not worth pursuing?

Yes, I'm just not sure how I want to do it.

2) When importing characters, the weights do not seem to be imported correctly from GCA4 for "special considerations". For example, GCA4 lists "Brigandine, Light (Arms) (Expert Tailoring)" at 4.25 lbs, but character sheet lists it as 5 lbs., which is the standard weight.

This will be an issue with the exporter scripts. I will look into this and post a fix.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 14th, 2017, 15:58
Does the button that adds modifiers in NPCs' skills work normally for everyone?
Is that I tried to add a modifier in a skill I click on the cross it opens the field but it does not have the button that allows me to edit the field.

ronnke
February 14th, 2017, 16:01
Does the button that adds modifiers in NPCs' skills work normally for everyone?
Is that I tried to add a modifier in a skill I click on the cross it opens the field but it does not have the button that allows me to edit the field.

This appears to be a bug. Noted and will fix.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 14th, 2017, 16:22
Thanks Ronnke, I have a wish, a request in reality that I believe to be interesting ...
Would it be possible to insert or add a hex-shaped pointer.

ronnke
February 14th, 2017, 16:31
Thanks Ronnke, I have a wish, a request in reality that I believe to be interesting ...
Would it be possible to insert or add a hex-shaped pointer.

I've been following the forum thread you started. At this point I will put it on the wish list, but it won't be a priority. There are other features I want to work on first. I am also lead to believe FG Unity will have better hex support, so it may be better to wait and see what comes of that.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 14th, 2017, 17:02
I understand, and I know that accompanies the other topic, I am happy for this and the help of all, always willing to help, but that since I am extremely lay in the area of programming I have difficulty understanding and finding some things mentioned.
The hex-shaped pointer in one is something you can not wait for, but I'm very happy to consider it and ours would be wonderful if the new version of Fantasy Grounds (Unity-Based) has the hex-shaped pointer.

ronnke
February 15th, 2017, 22:35
GURPS 4e Ruleset v3.0.5 released. This is a bug fix release, no new features added.

ronnke
February 16th, 2017, 02:47
Ronnke,

This has been fixed. Download the updated GCA exports from this threads original post.

seycyrus
February 17th, 2017, 18:46
Ronnke,

Did you intend for modifers to be drag-droppable from the main modifiers window, to modifiers on the pc and npc character sheets?

If so, it does not appear to work. Script Error: [string "char_modifier"]:1: attempt to call field 'onDrop' (a nil value).

If not, how difficult would this be to implement?

Andraax
February 17th, 2017, 19:14
Modifiers are for the modifiers window.

seycyrus
February 17th, 2017, 19:33
Modifiers are for the modifiers window.

But in the new ruleset, they are certainly meant to be added to the character sheet, as demonstrated in Ronnke's video, aren't they?

seycyrus
February 18th, 2017, 02:08
There seems to be another error regarding inventory, regarding how multiple items are handled.

For instance, a pint of oil is 1 lb.. If in GCA4 a character has 2 pints of oil, the total weight is listed as 2 lbs. (correctly) in GCA4. However, when the exported sheet is opened in FG, those 2 pints of oil now weigh 4 lbs. (2 x 2), instead of 2 lbs. (2x1).

This is seen by watching the characters Total Weight Carried.

For example, if a character has 10 arrows. Each weighs .1, so 10 arrows weighs a pound. However, if you change the number of arrows from 10 to 11, the characters weight will increase by a full pound! That's a heavy arrow!

BTW, a related problem exists in the calculation of the cost of individual pieces of multiple instance entries. Clicking on the dragon icon (brings up the item sheet) shows the cost of the group of items when I think it is supposed to show the cost of an individual item.

ronnke
February 18th, 2017, 16:00
But in the new ruleset, they are certainly meant to be added to the character sheet, as demonstrated in Ronnke's video, aren't they?

The intended purpose was to allow for specific modifiers, related to the skills, weapons, spells, etc. I wouldn't suggest you put your general modifiers in there. Keep this in the general modifiers list. Drag n Drop functionality is currently not available, but will likely be included when I add the ability to add skills and abilities to a character from libraries.

I have had drag n drop modifiers enabled while doing my testing/playing and I did come across an annoying issue. If you double click the modifier to add it to stack, but move the mouse slightly during the process. You can sometime initiate the drag n drop, which will add a duplicate modifier. This is partially the reason, it's not currently available.

ronnke
February 18th, 2017, 16:14
There seems to be another error regarding inventory, regarding how multiple items are handled.

I will investigate and fix.

seycyrus
February 18th, 2017, 16:25
The intended purpose was to allow for specific modifiers, related to the skills, weapons, spells, etc...

Understood. I have a fully populated modifiers main window and plan to keep 99% of the modifiers internal to that window, I was just curious if the feature was intended or not. This issue came up for me recently, because my players seem to take pride in being "Lazier than thou", and the effort to manually type things is apparently beyond their capabilities.:p

As always, thank you for all your work. Please don't take my frequent postings as anything besides interactive feedback. I am pretty ignorant in the coding aspect, and that is why I sometimes ask, "Is this hard to do?". I honestly don't know what is difficult and what is easier to implement (tho I am beginning to understand a bit more).

ronnke
February 18th, 2017, 16:29
As always, thank you for all your work. Please don't take my frequent postings as anything besides interactive feedback. I am pretty ignorant in the coding aspect, and that is why I sometimes ask, "Is this hard to do?". I honestly don't know what is difficult and what is easier to implement (tho I am beginning to understand a bit more).

Feel free to offer feedback as much as you want. It all goes to improving the ruleset. I encourage it.

ronnke
February 18th, 2017, 17:34

Fixed!
Download the fixed GCA Export Files from the original post.

seycyrus
February 20th, 2017, 00:09
In the old ruleset, when i imported an image to use as a map, I would set a grid of a certain size. I could also select the scale of each hex from the standard 1 hex = 1 yard, to anything, by typing in the number of units per hex. I could also change the unit type from among a few options (miles, feet, yards, meters etc).

Do we still retain that functionality in the new ruleset?

ronnke
February 20th, 2017, 01:14
No, this is not available in the new ruleset. I was planning to reproduce this as a CoreRPG extension.

Valekk
February 24th, 2017, 22:36
Total noob question.

What is a GCA exporter? Is this some sort of character exporter

ronnke
February 24th, 2017, 22:41
Total noob question.

What is a GCA exporter? Is this some sort of character exporter

GCA is a GURPS character building software. It's extremely useful.

https://www.sjgames.com/gurps/characterassistant/

seycyrus
February 24th, 2017, 22:52
GCA is a GURPS character building software. It's extremely useful.
https://www.sjgames.com/gurps/characterassistant/

In this case, "extremely" might be a severe understatement. The GCA4 knows the rules, all the rules, from all the books.

damned
February 24th, 2017, 22:57
In this case, "extremely" might be a severe understatement. The GCA4 knows the rules, all the rules, from all the books.

But its not automation... :)

Valekk
February 24th, 2017, 23:00
Awesome. Thanks =D

seycyrus
March 1st, 2017, 03:27
I've got a question regarding the implementation of effects.

I see that the name of the efect can be directly applied to the current actor in the combat tracker, which will be very useful in helping me recall who might be crippled, knocked down etc., but can a modifier be linked to these effect and directly applied to the current actor as well? I would still be manually pressing the button to apply it to the current actor, after all.

Do we still have the ability to have the effect last a certain amount of rounds, by assigning them a counter value and a decrement value?

Andraax
March 1st, 2017, 03:32
Same effects as CoreRPG: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Tracker

ronnke
March 1st, 2017, 06:53
The Short answers.

I've got a question regarding the implementation of effects.

I see that the name of the efect can be directly applied to the current actor in the combat tracker, which will be very useful in helping me recall who might be crippled, knocked down etc., but can a modifier be linked to these effect and directly applied to the current actor as well? I would still be manually pressing the button to apply it to the current actor, after all.

Yes, it would be possible to code that in.

Do we still have the ability to have the effect last a certain amount of rounds, by assigning them a counter value and a decrement value?
No, but it's on the todo list for future releases. The first post in this thread contains the current todo.

Torg Smith
March 2nd, 2017, 01:07

A slight correction.

The data files are maintained by the community on the site. Not all rules are included. A great many are. In order for the data from a book to get added, one or more from the community write the data file. One person is managing the "official" data file. I would say a great amount of the data is there, but not all.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 9th, 2017, 21:29
I do not know if it would be possible to enable those text settings (bold, italic, underline, table ... etc in boxes that does not work)
Here are some screenshots of what I did as a character ...

18193 18194 18195 18196 18197

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 9th, 2017, 21:30
The other screenshots:

18198 18199

ronnke
March 9th, 2017, 21:37
I do not know if it would be possible to enable those text settings (bold, italic, underline, table ... etc in boxes that does not work)
Here are some screenshots of what I did as a character ...

18193 18194 18195 18196 18197

Yes, it is possible. I will consider that for the next update.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 9th, 2017, 22:11
Thanks Ronnke
I will greatly appreciate such an adjustment.

ronnke
March 12th, 2017, 06:52
Updated the GCA Exporter files to fix an error in which melee weapon weight was not exported for NPCs.

seycyrus
March 15th, 2017, 02:59
I'm not sure if this has already been covered, my apologies if it has. But is there a way for the dm to get the distance moved for NPCs on a gridded map? In the other ruleset, I believe this was accomplished by holding down the scroll button (I think) as one moved the npc. The effect was the same as if a player had moved his token, with the movement being displayed which could be accepted by the GM.

ronnke
March 15th, 2017, 03:08
The GM can lock tokens, this way movement is displayed, however the GM must then approve the move.

seycyrus
March 15th, 2017, 03:43
The GM can lock tokens, this way movement is displayed, however the GM must then approve the move.

My mistake. The functionality is still there. One just holds down ctrl while moving the NPC.

JohnQPublic
March 19th, 2017, 20:48
Apologies if this isn't the right place for this - I'm new.

I'm trying to import a character from GCA4. Any character. I grabbed the one from earlier in this thread that several people said they had no problem importing and I couldn't get it to import properly either.
I'm using the files linked in the first post of this thread.

I export the character from GCA4 (or use the one provided earlier in the thread), then I open my campaign, go to the characters section, click the pencil icon (or whatever it's supposed to be), then click the blue Up-Arrow, navigate to the character XML and open.

I get text saying that it imported. I don't see anything saying 'error'.

No character ever appears in the character list.

I'm reasonably sure I have everything as up to date as possible and I don't think it's a GCA4 issue since I can't import the character from earlier in the thread either.

Is there something I should be looking for or doing (or somewhere else I should be asking)?

Andraax
March 19th, 2017, 21:02
You're using the "PC" export filter and not the "NPC" export filter?

Just re-read your post. You should use the /importpc command, not the button on the character screen. That's for importing characters that were created in FG and exported from that screen.

JohnQPublic
March 19th, 2017, 21:05
Just re-read your post. You should use the /importpc command, not the button on the character screen. That's for importing characters that were created in FG and exported from that screen.

OH! Thank you.

Edit. No change. I still get the text saying it's been imported but nothing shows up.

"Imported NPC(s) from: C:\Users\JohnQPublic\Documents\GURPS Character Assistant 4\characters\Character 1.gca4.XML"

JohnQPublic
March 19th, 2017, 21:22
Using /importchar gives the same thing I've been seeing all along. /importnpc allows me to import the character from earlier in the thread (but not a PC I made) as an NPC, but I'm trying to import a PC with equipment and everything.

It's also confusing to find the correct files. If I come at it from Fantasy Grounds and follow the links to user created content, I find a GURPS ruleset (GURPS_4e), but further investigation lead me to believe that was old. I didn't find this thread until I did some deeper digging (google keeps sending me to the old spyke.me site and the Steve Jackson forums).

I've created a new, empty campaign using only the GURPS ruleset from the top of this thread.

What am I missing? Is there documentation for this somewhere?

Andraax
March 19th, 2017, 22:08
You didn't use the FG PC export filter to export that character.

Andraax
March 19th, 2017, 22:11
Here is what the export dialog should look like to export for FG:

JohnQPublic
March 19th, 2017, 22:20
Ok, it's the CUSTOM checkbox that I was missing. Is that documented somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

seycyrus
March 19th, 2017, 23:36
Ok, it's the CUSTOM checkbox that I was missing. Is that documented somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

No, this is not documented anyplace official. The export procedure has been covered in the gurps forum some time ago in relation to the old ruleset, and the method is still the same. I guess information is passed sort of by word-of-mouth around here since GURPS is not an officially supported ruleset.

By the way, welcome to Gurps FG! What sort of campaign do you plan on running? I run a low magic fantasy setting set in Mystara.

JohnQPublic
March 20th, 2017, 04:40
Thanks for the walk through. I appreciate it and I look forward to the growth of the GURPS system here.

I've been running on Roll20 for the last three years (D&D5e). I recently started a GURPS game over there but it was just blecky...
I've got 5 people running modern GURPS characters who have slipped into the world populated by their (the GURPS characters') D&D characters. So, high fantasy. I'm using it mostly to try to hook the players into GURPS, I plan to slowly go more gritty and lower magic.

ronnke
March 27th, 2017, 17:11
I've created a video tutorial which demonstrates the process of exporting characters from GCA and them importing them into Fantasy Grounds.

https://youtu.be/CHn7jkM0UFQ

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 27th, 2017, 17:48
Ronnke I saw your tutorial and like your theme can you share this theme?

Gigermann
March 27th, 2017, 18:55
Ronnke I saw your tutorial and like your theme can you share this theme?

I've got a couple more things I want to clean up before I make it available—and I've been kinda swamped, lately

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 27th, 2017, 21:37
cool...Great theme Gigermann, I think was a Ronnie theme :D

ronnke
March 28th, 2017, 00:33
cool...Great theme Gigermann, I think was a Ronnie theme :D

I can't take credit for that, it's all Gigermann's work.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 10th, 2017, 18:46
Any new to the ruleset, any predictions of the planned "improvements"?

ronnke
April 10th, 2017, 20:08
The GURPS skin should be ready in weeks as opposed to months. I'm also slowly working on next release, but I have no idea when that will be available.

ronnke
April 16th, 2017, 08:36
dulux-oz, I was wondering if you could use your Wand of Moderator and stiky this thread, so it remains easy to find.

dulux-oz
April 16th, 2017, 08:44
dulux-oz, I was wondering if you could use your Wand of Moderator and stiky this thread, so it remains easy to find.

I don't see why not...

...OK, done!

seycyrus
May 13th, 2017, 12:42
Ronke,

I've been working with Delux-Oz's sound extension and have a couple of questions regarding the use of the extension with your ruleset (Thanks again btw!)

1) Is there a way to "sorta show" the results of a combat roll to the players? The sound extension uses information sent down the pipes to the players through the chat box to trigger different sounds, so hiding the GM rolls doesn't allow the sound extension to trigger (there is nothing to trigger on). One easy solution is to turn on the option "Chat: Show GM rolls". My problem with this is that I don't wan't my players to know the exact skills of the opponents they are facing (for various reasons).

Would it be possible to have a third option besides on/off that displays some feedback in the chatbox, but doesn't show the exact numbers? Something along the lines of,

Hobgoblin 10:
[MELEE]
Broadsword
Swing :[ Success! ]

2) Would it be possible to add a word or two to the output to the chatbox for damage rolls, so that I could use that to trigger the sound extension? Something like,

Trogdor: DAMAGE Total [2d cut]

This would allow me to trigger off the word "DAMAGE" , etc.

Thanks again for all your work. Just wondering how difficult the above would be?

ronnke
May 13th, 2017, 13:15
Ronke,

Thanks again for all your work. Just wondering how difficult the above would be?

Yes, that would be easy to implement. I will put it on the list for the next release, which should be soon, along with the new GURPS theme.

seycyrus
May 23rd, 2017, 02:01
Ronnke,

Just had a pretty decent session with your ruleset, and I'm loving it the more I use it! I'm really looking forward to the updates. Here are two more questions/suggestions, and once again, thank you.

1) In the upper-left of the modifiers box (lower left corner) there is a cross-hair target symbol, which toggles "Use current target for chat window rolls" on and off.

Would it be possible to use that toggle destination for the application of Effects, instead of having to drag them manually onto the recipient in the combat tracker? In my game (and probably the majority of games, I think), Effects (stunned, knocked down, crippled hand, dazed, etc.) generally come about as a result of being on the receiving end of a blow or spell. It would speed up my game if I could just click on the effect and apply it to the target of the current actor, rather than having to scroll through the CT and find "Hobgoblin 28".

2) Currently, if enabled, you can hover the mouse over a token on a battlemap and get the title of that token. Would it be possible to include the health status (Healthy, Critical, etc.) and perhaps effects (crippled, blind etc.) on a token when one hovers the mouse?

ronnke
May 23rd, 2017, 02:49
Ronnke,

Just had a pretty decent session with your ruleset, and I'm loving it the more I use it! I'm really looking forward to the updates. Here are two more questions/suggestions, and once again, thank you.

Awesome, glad to see it's working well for you. A new release + the new skin is due soon. :)

1) In the upper-left of the modifiers box (lower left corner) there is a cross-hair target symbol, which toggles "Use current target for chat window rolls" on and off.

Would it be possible to use that toggle destination for the application of Effects, instead of having to drag them manually onto the recipient in the combat tracker? In my game (and probably the majority of games, I think), Effects (stunned, knocked down, crippled hand, dazed, etc.) generally come about as a result of being on the receiving end of a blow or spell. It would speed up my game if I could just click on the effect and apply it to the target of the current actor, rather than having to scroll through the CT and find "Hobgoblin 28".

It's possible, but using the targeting toggle seems a bit clunky. Perhaps we can think of a better interface for applying effects to an Actors targets. Just off the top of my head, like hold control when clicking the apply effect button. I'm open to suggestions from people.

2) Currently, if enabled, you can hover the mouse over a token on a battlemap and get the title of that token. Would it be possible to include the health status (Healthy, Critical, etc.) and perhaps effects (crippled, blind etc.) on a token when one hovers the mouse?

Should be doable.

seycyrus
May 23rd, 2017, 11:30
... Perhaps we can think of a better interface for applying effects to an Actors targets. Just off the top of my head, like hold control when clicking the apply effect button. I'm open to suggestions from people..

I agree that ctrl + apply would be better.