PDA

View Full Version : Just an Idea

Graiskye
October 18th, 2005, 21:49
I was thinking last week when we played, it would be cool to be able to easily store characters that you could pull up as PC's. Sometimes if not everyone shows up to play we will go on with whoever shows, and it would be nice to be able to supplement the party, so like one person could play two characters if they desired.
I dont know how these things are done, would it be hard to do something like that ? Kinda like the personalities page. Any thoughts?

Sigurd
October 19th, 2005, 12:55
Apparently multi character support is a big push in 1.6.

When I was playing the extra 2 characters I made a PDF file with screen caps of the 4 FG screens. That was relatively quick but painful and hard to verify for the DM. I had a tabbed editor (Scite) as well to let me record pertinent data for the 2 other chars.

Although I wouldn't call it fun, I think that is far better than trying to run two clients – not really an option. Although who knows what will change with the future, a separate program to keep track of stuff is not too bad so long as you don't expect it to interact with FG.

Spyke
October 21st, 2005, 19:38
We've been tending to call for multi-character support from the player's angle, but this is also vital for the DM. Significant NPCs really need full character sheets, as do missing party members being run by the referee.

This would link to an ability for players to move between character sheets during a session, which would also provide a means for the DM to 'hand out' characters at the start of the game. Players could log in using a local character then switch once connected.