PDA

View Full Version : Acess campaign from another computer

Zuldim
January 10th, 2017, 10:34
Hellow!
The is anyway I can acess my campaign from any computer?
Obs.: I've tryed to acess from another computer via Steam and didn't see any of my modules and campaigns.

Obs2.: Great job on FG :o

Zacchaeus
January 10th, 2017, 10:48
Hi Zuldim welcome to FG and to the community.

You may install FG on more than one device as long as you don't try to use it on more than one device at the same time. Your campaign data is stored on your hard drive so if you want to access the campaign you'll need to copy the data folder somewhere where you can access it. You can use cloud storage or a pen drive or some such. One thing though if you use cloud based storage is don't synchronise the folder to the cloud otherwise you'll hit synchronisation problems and could lose data.

Zuldim
January 10th, 2017, 13:21
Hey ty! I'll try the cloud syncronnization!
TY

Bidmaron
January 10th, 2017, 13:36
He said don't synchronize. The safest is to drag your campaign folder(s) to the cloud from one computer where you most recently worked it and then to drag that folder into the fantasy grounds data folder on the computer you want to use it on. You can get to the fantasy grounds data folde on any installation by going to Fantasy Grounds in your start menu and selecting the fantasy grounds data folder

Talyn
January 10th, 2017, 15:11
You can upload to a cloud storage (or a USB stick for that matter) just fine. If you use a cloud solution however, DO NOT use the synchronization! Especially when Fantasy Grounds is running! That's a recipe for corrupted data.