PDA

View Full Version : Conan Extension V 3.7 (updated)

ShotGun Jolly
January 9th, 2017, 21:12
Hi all,

Version 3.7 is now available. (https://thejollygm.blogspot.com/2018/11/2d20-conan-extension-37-update-for.html)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.. And I hope you enjoy.

Remember, this extension works with the Fan Created Ruleset called MoreCore..

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/419320721823629322/513701568172785665/Screen_Shot_2018-11-18_at_9.31.57_AM.png?width=793&height=499
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/419320721823629322/514204097587445780/Screen_Shot_2018-11-19_at_6.50.03_PM.png

Version 3.7 - Some changes to accommodate the latest big MoreCore Update!
Version 3.6 - Some small refinements to the default character sheet. Re activated the Spells button in the Attacks Section of the character sheet.
Version 3.5 - Creates a default character sheet template, Deactivated the Spells button in the (attacks section) Changed Combat Tracker data format.
Version 3.4 - Added the vehicles and the Spells buttons, fixed a few MoreCore glitches. Also included Template Character Sheet.
Version 3.2 - Added a few extra cosmetics.
Version 3.1 - Updated for FG 3.2.1 and added new doom chart image.
Version 1.0-3.0 for pre FG 3.2.1

ghalgor
January 10th, 2017, 03:52
Thanks for all the hard work, just wondering if the skills when rolled are supposed to roll 2 d20? Mine only rolls 1 die when i select a skill. Also, were combat dice are they supposed to be set as mine rolled 5 dice and just totaled them? Don't mean to be negative I really appreciate the hard work, just not sure if I have done anything wrong my end.

damned
January 10th, 2017, 05:06
Thanks for all the hard work, just wondering if the skills when rolled are supposed to roll 2 d20? Mine only rolls 1 die when i select a skill. Also, were combat dice are they supposed to be set as mine rolled 5 dice and just totaled them? Don't mean to be negative I really appreciate the hard work, just not sure if I have done anything wrong my end.

Hi ghalgor the syntax for this roll should be something like:
/conan 2d20x8y0
or
/conan 2d20x11y2

ShotGun Jolly
January 10th, 2017, 05:20

I dont think you sound negative at all. You have to do as Dammed suggested and use the proper format. As for the combat dice, only think you can do there is manually look at the dice rolled and look for the damage. 1s 2s 5s and 6s

Feel free to ask what ever questions you want. Besides, others may have the same questions too. So I might need to make another video. Saying that, did you watch the video on my blog page about the tutorial? If not.. check it out.

damned
January 10th, 2017, 05:35
Please explain the damage mechanic?

ghalgor
January 10th, 2017, 05:46
No I didn't, I fell in to the 'Shiney' trap, why read the rules, when I can just play. I will be watching the video tonight (OZ time). Again thanks for the replies

ShotGun Jolly
January 10th, 2017, 11:22
Please explain the damage mechanic?

Its kind of a weird mechanic.

A person rolls a number of D6

A roll of 1 = 1 damage
A roll of 2 = 2 damage
A roll of 3 and 4 = 0 damage
A roll of 5 and 6 = 1 damage and triggers any weapon effects.

So a roll of 2, 1, 1 4, 5 would equal 5 damage plus triggers weapon effects. But I like using the dice strings in the attack field as is, as you can left click to add additional D6.

chillybilly
February 1st, 2017, 20:50
This is fantastic and very well timed.

ShotGun Jolly
February 5th, 2017, 06:04
This is fantastic and very well timed.

Thanks!

ShotGun Jolly
February 17th, 2017, 00:07
Version 3.2 is now here..

Check out the first post!

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GfeX8y3I8eM/WKY8GkNUW8I/AAAAAAAAJXk/Q_k27ZXbBb83mcjMUiRD2nM5gc2eqLSMACLcB/s1600/screenshot0001.png

chillybilly
February 17th, 2017, 01:35
Awesome!

damned
February 17th, 2017, 01:37
Nice job Shotgun.

ShotGun Jolly
February 17th, 2017, 03:54
Nice job Shotgun.

Thanks!

Credit really goes to you and the rest for MoreCore. With out that, I wouldnt be able to do what I got done without it!

damned
October 31st, 2017, 02:23
Hey check this out Shotgun!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40866-Conan-2d20

ShotGun Jolly
May 15th, 2018, 19:00
Hey everyone, just updated my 2D20 Extension to 3.4. See the OP.

Gaglug
May 16th, 2018, 17:05
Excellent! Thanks for your work on this!

Valyar
June 27th, 2018, 09:19
This is fantastic looking theme, especially when I am considering to try the Conan RPG soon :)

I noticed a problem with the tiling of the wallpaper when I maximize FG on screen with resolution higher than the background image. Attached a screenshot. I don't know if this is due to the latest update of MoreCore. Is there a fix on this that I can do, or it must be modified in the theme?

PS: Organizations and Locations library icons are to be updated to this awesome shield, but I managed to do this myself. :)

damned
June 27th, 2018, 09:24
Valyar it is the theme image that needs some work to tile smoothly.
Jolly are you using the /crom dice for damage?
https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#dicestrings

Could you also export a couple of character sheets and attach?

ShotGun Jolly
August 23rd, 2018, 10:49
Version 3.5 is now available, please see OP for details!!

ShotGun Jolly
August 23rd, 2018, 10:54
Valyar it is the theme image that needs some work to tile smoothly.
Jolly are you using the /crom dice for damage?
https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#dicestrings

Could you also export a couple of character sheets and attach?

Very late reply! Sorry Damned I didnt see it till just now!

Its built into it now.. I added an image to show people how I have it laid out as well.

ProfDogg
September 4th, 2018, 14:32
Jolly, FYI --- getting the following errors when I open a fresh character sheet:

Ruleset Error: window: Control(attack_label) anchoring to an undefined control (attackframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(attack_label) anchoring to an undefined control (attackframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(attacks) anchoring to an undefined control (attackframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(attacks) anchoring to an undefined control (attackframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spells_label) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spells_label) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_list) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spell_list) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spellsbylevelframe) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(spellsbylevelframe) anchoring to an undefined control (spellsframe) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(cas3_label) anchoring to an undefined control (cas3) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(cas3_label) anchoring to an undefined control (cas3) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(cliroller3) anchoring to an undefined control (cas3) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(cliroller3) anchoring to an undefined control (cas3) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(switch3) anchoring to an undefined control (cas3) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(switch3) anchoring to an undefined control (cas3) in windowclass (charsheet_more)

damned
September 4th, 2018, 15:06
Jolly, FYI --- getting the following errors when I open a fresh character sheet:

blah blah blah

Are you running MoreCore 1.45?
Double check the chat for the version.

ProfDogg
September 4th, 2018, 18:30
Ha! That's it. 1.38 was loaded...

damned
September 5th, 2018, 00:34
Ha! That's it. 1.38 was loaded...

Thats like a year old man!

ProfDogg
September 5th, 2018, 02:02
Well, what can I say? No school like old school right? ;)

ShotGun Jolly
October 1st, 2018, 01:39
Great news!! Version 3.6 is now up and available!

See the OP for the link!

ShotGun Jolly
November 30th, 2018, 17:13
New update!! See Post 1 for details! 3.7!

Trenloe
November 30th, 2018, 19:23
New update!! See Post 1 for details! 3.7!
Fantastic!

I've changed the thread title to reflect this. I hope you don't mind?

ShotGun Jolly
November 30th, 2018, 21:35
Thanks Trenloe!

Myrdin Potter
November 30th, 2018, 23:03
Thanks for the update.

chillybilly
November 30th, 2018, 23:32
Yeah, it's a really nice extension!

ShotGun Jolly
December 1st, 2018, 16:37
Yeah, it's a really nice extension!

Thanks guys!

PhilAdams
December 8th, 2018, 04:08
Gorgeous update. However, I'm now getting this when I attempt skill rolls:

Script Error: [string "manager_custom_conan.lua"]:136: attempt to concatenate field 'aSkill' (a nil value)

And I get this when I try an attribute roll:

Script Error: [string "manager_custom_conan.lua"]:136: attempt to concatenate field 'aSkill' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: s'sCurrentId1: ' | nil
Runtime Notice: s'portrait_token: ' | s'button_link'
Runtime Notice: s'sCurrentId: ' | nil
Runtime Notice: s'rActorMCR: ' | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00017', s'sCTNode' = s'', s'sName' = s'Btanga, Keshanian Mercenary' }
Runtime Notice: s'nodeWin: ' | databasenode = { charsheet.id-00017.clilist1.id-00008 }
Runtime Notice: s'myCliName: ' | s'AGILITY 9'
Runtime Notice: s'command: ' | s'/conan 2d20x9y0'
Runtime Notice: s'myCliCommand: ' | s'/conan 2d20x9y0'
Runtime Notice: s'sMydesc: ' | s'AGILITY 9'
Runtime Notice: s'Other!: ' | s'2d20x9y0 AGILITY 9'
Runtime Notice: s'sCommand3: ' | s'conan' | s'2d20x9y0 AGILITY 9'
Runtime Notice: s'sRollName: ' | s'AGILITY 9'
Runtime Notice: s'launching command: ' | s'conan' | nil | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00017', s'sCTNode' = s'', s'sName' = s'Btanga, Keshanian Mercenary' } | s'2d20x9y0 AGILITY 9'
Runtime Notice: s'performAction: ' | nil | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00017', s'sCTNode' = s'', s'sName' = s'Btanga, Keshanian Mercenary' } | s'2d20x9y0 AGILITY 9'
Runtime Notice: s'onLanded: ' | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00017', s'sCTNode' = s'', s'sName' = s'Btanga, Keshanian Mercenary' } | nil | { s'aDice' = { }, s'nMod' = #0, s'sType' = s'conan', s'aDropped' = { }, s'sDesc' = s'Parameters not in correct format. Should be in the format of "#d#a#" or "#d#a#e#" or "#d#a#e#f#"' }

damned
December 8th, 2018, 04:12
the roll format has changed
it uses the new Roll Parameters

PhilAdams
December 8th, 2018, 04:19
Imagine a really intense blank stare.

Does this mean all the PCs I've built have to be rebuilt?

If so, how? I'm not familiar with the syntax/generation of the strings. When I try to create a new PC and a new string, it's empty, so I have nothing to go from. :cry:

PhilAdams
December 8th, 2018, 05:16
I'm getting the error typing the /conan string into the chat box. /conan 2d20x11y2 throws those errors. It's the same syntax that's been there for a while and that shows up in the MoreCore Rolls Library. The same string works fine in a plain MoreCore campaign. I'm not sure how this isn't a problem with the Conan extension.

damned
December 8th, 2018, 06:12
I'm getting the error typing the /conan string into the chat box. /conan 2d20x11y2 throws those errors. It's the same syntax that's been there for a while and that shows up in the MoreCore Rolls Library. The same string works fine in a plain MoreCore campaign. I'm not sure how this isn't a problem with the Conan extension.

Sorry PhilAdams I dont play/use/run Conan but some changes were made to the rolls specifically for Conan
The error message says:
Should be in the format of "#d#a#" or "#d#a#e#" or "#d#a#e#f#"
Shotgun should have posted some new pregens somewhere but I cant find them...

PhilAdams
December 8th, 2018, 06:26
Thanks! I didn't see anything detailed on his blog. The character sheet template has this code embedded in it:

<clichatcommand type="string">/conan 2d20a7e0f0</clichatcommand>

Looks like he's trying to break out expertise and focus. So a for attribute (I'm guessing), e for expertise, and f for focus. Does this override the existing /conan format?

And here's the parameterized version, I think:

<parameter_formula type="string">/conan 2d20a(a1)e(p1)f(p2)</parameter_formula>

PhilAdams
December 8th, 2018, 06:41
Okay. I think I've got it.

STEP 1: Create your attribute (corrected after playing around).

In the Attributes area, build out your basic attributes (Agility, Brawn, etc.). Select "Enable Formula," type in the formula [/conan 2d20a(p1)e0f0], p2 and p3 hidden, type the attribute value in the resulting window. That generates a "Dice String" of--in this case--/conan 2d20a9e0f0).

STEP 2: Create your skill.

Create a new skill. For Melee, type "Melee" in the label. Enable formula. Hide parameter p3. p1 Name is Expertise, p2 Name is Focus. Drag Agility to Ref Field A. The parameter formula you type in is /conan 2d20a(a1)e(p1)f(p2).

If that's not correct, it still seems to work. The output now looks like this:

Melee 19 20
[Skill] 11
[Focus] 2
[Successes] 0
[Complications] 1

Melee 10 18
[Skill] 11
[Focus] 2
[Successes] 1
[Complications] 0

damned
December 8th, 2018, 11:14
Okay. I think I've got it.

Awesome!
Export a finished character and upload it here for the next mighty warrior!

ShotGun Jolly
December 8th, 2018, 12:55
Hey, I posted a pregen on your character sheet thread a few weeks back. :P

PhilAdams
December 8th, 2018, 19:27
It's a slightly different format from Jolly's, but it's what works for me (I don't like having to use slide bars for skills, and I don't see value in separate armor location data. <shrug>

PhilAdams
December 8th, 2018, 20:32
Is there a way to set up the /crom roll to take in a reference? This would allow for you to set the Melee Damage Bonus/Ranged Damage Bonus/Mental Damage Bonus values up as references, then each weapon/attack type could have the weapon value as p1 and you could have the string bring in the [Melee/Mental/Ranged] Bonus as a reference.

/crom (p1)d6 + (a1)d6

Or something like that?

damned
December 9th, 2018, 01:51
Other Conan users - whaddya think?

ShotGun Jolly
December 13th, 2018, 23:06
Other Conan users - whaddya think?

That would be nice if that could be done, no doubt!

Valyar
December 15th, 2018, 19:41
Indeed!!! :)