PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Setting up a Call of Chutulu 7E Adventure

JC the Roleslayer
January 9th, 2017, 21:12
So i have played CoC many times, but i am unsure on how to set up abbilities, and skills for player characters using fantasy grounds. I see that it comes with alot already filled in and i dont know why. If someone would be willing to walk me through some of this id really apreciate it. And any tips would be great. Im trying to get a better grasp on the system as a whole as well. So any tips are great. Thanks

Trenloe
January 9th, 2017, 21:25
Pre-filled skills will be the default for those skills, as outlined in the skills section of the rulebook. I'd recommend reading though the character creation sections ando go through making a dummy character. This will help you to understand where the numbers come from and how they evolve as you build a character.

damned
January 10th, 2017, 00:55
Roll your stats first then go and select an occupation and any occupation skills.
Then go back to Skills and assign your points via the edit button.
Just like in real life we all know a little (often a very little) about a wide variety of subjects.

ianmward
January 10th, 2017, 09:15
Roll your stats first then go and select an occupation and any occupation skills.
Then go back to Skills and assign your points via the edit button.
Just like in real life we all know a little (often a very little) about a wide variety of subjects.
And don't forget that the age of the character affects their abilities, so best to choose the age (and adjust the abilities) before the occupation.

As Trenloe suggested, the best thing to do is to follow the steps in the Keeper's guide. It is well explained there.