PDA

View Full Version : Etools Converter ?

Graiskye
October 18th, 2005, 03:24
Howdy folks, just wondering what is up with the Etools Converter? Is it gonna happen, or does it not work ? Tekno sent me a couple of NPC's that he converted f0or me, but they did not work, could be my implementation though, hard to tell. Would love an update, or if its not happening, Ill start bugging the PCGen crew,, Thanks Grai

trolane
October 25th, 2005, 04:13
it would be nice if fantasygrounds, dundjinni and E-tools grouped up instead of going off on tangents. Dundjinni can import stats direct from xml from E-Tools. If Fantasy grounds could import E-tools xml and/or Dundjinni stats it would be great. Also the lack of Eberron or other expansion rules makes me wonder about Fantasy Grounds. Surely they can work out a deal to add Eberron rules support with WoTC, and import support with codemonkey. None of these companies are big enough to not benefit from this arangement excepot WoTC and WoTC could be payed a royalty.
Manual entry is so 90s. This is the age of everything should be talking via xml and web services.
To me FantasyGrounds, Dundjinni, and E-Tools are perfect compliment if they all talk. Right now though Dundjinni and E-Tools are great together and FantasyGrounds is too manual entry based.

kalmarjan
October 25th, 2005, 04:35
it would be nice if fantasygrounds, dundjinni and E-tools grouped up instead of going off on tangents. Dundjinni can import stats direct from xml from E-Tools. If Fantasy grounds could import E-tools xml and/or Dundjinni stats it would be great. Also the lack of Eberron or other expansion rules makes me wonder about Fantasy Grounds. Surely they can work out a deal to add Eberron rules support with WoTC, and import support with codemonkey. None of these companies are big enough to not benefit from this arangement excepot WoTC and WoTC could be payed a royalty.
Manual entry is so 90s. This is the age of everything should be talking via xml and web services.
To me FantasyGrounds, Dundjinni, and E-Tools are perfect compliment if they all talk. Right now though Dundjinni and E-Tools are great together and FantasyGrounds is too manual entry based.

Patience, young padawan!

Good things are on the horizon... just need to wait out the slow crawl of RED TAPE! LOL

Seriously though... these things are in the works... it just takes time.

Cheers,

Sandeman

Graiskye
October 25th, 2005, 12:41
A update on my end, after realiseing the 'NPC's that I thought Tekno had sent were actually Character sheets, and upon placing the XML files in the proper folder I was rewarded with 4 brand spanking new characters. I just figured this out, so apologies to TecknoHippy they appear to work just fine, all that was required was to pik a portrait, and that was that. I had used etools to generate the characters, and the sheets look great, would have taken me a long time to do all that work. now if I could just get them into the NPC slot....this is good tho, shows definite hope. G

Thore_Ironrock
October 26th, 2005, 03:02
I emailed Rob, and hopefully he can drop in and comment on eTools and Ebberron. I know he doesn't check the boards every day, and he also lives in FL so I'm sure he is dealing with post-Wilma issues. :)