Day of week and time: Wednesday, 18:30
If new game, planned start date: 11/01/2017
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hrs, weekly
Term: 1 -2 sessions

Text or Voice: Voice only
Voice software used: FG Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 40 / 60
Number of Players in game & needed: 1 - 5
Character starting level & equipment: lvl 10, starting gear.
Character restrictions: only races and classes from published wotc books.

Details of your scenario: Tomb of Horrors, looking to run it as a one shot over 1 - 2 sessions. Sign up to the calendar and have a lvl 10 character ready made if possible, or else we can create one on the day. Any questions comment here or private message me. Thanks!

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2341

Fussimohr
January 9th, 2017, 01:19
I really want to participate - do you think 10th level without any magic gear is managable? ;)

edit: Standard array, PointBuy (how much), or rolls for attributes?

TMO
January 9th, 2017, 05:18
Hey, just wanted to say I wish you all the best in your one-shot. I was able to finally convert the original 1e adventure into 5E and FG last year and I ran a long weekend one-shot through the module during the summer. It was a lot of fun, albeit the adventure was filled with highs and lows. Feel free to PM me if you want to ask me any questions or get my thoughts on how it went.

jmucchiello
January 9th, 2017, 06:13
You mean looking for victims, right?

flashingturtle
January 9th, 2017, 10:20
Thats right!

flashingturtle
January 9th, 2017, 10:23
although I haven't ran it before, I would imagine that magic items wont make a lot of difference due to the nature of the traps.

standard array, pointbuy or roll on the night, I'm easy.

and thanks TMO, I'm using the version that Chris Perkins did for dungeon magazine, thanks for the offer.

flashingturtle
January 9th, 2017, 10:34
and races from volos and sword coast guide etc are all fine, I have them all.

Szabtom
January 9th, 2017, 10:44
I would like to sign up! A wizard or sorcerer would come in handy, I suppose? I will gladly take recommendations for choosing spells. :)

flashingturtle
January 9th, 2017, 10:46
sure, get signed up on the calendar, ill add teamspeak and server details shortly before the game

Szabtom
January 9th, 2017, 13:13
Done.
How would you like the character discussion to take place? E-mail, teamspeak/skype? Perhaps here in this topic?

Szabtom
January 9th, 2017, 16:02
Okay, after having read through the Class section in the PHB again, I think I would resign from a wizard and choose a simpler class. I am not a very experienced 5e player and would not want to gimp the party by sub-optimal specialization and spell choices of a Level 10 character. (I would be happy to play a wizard at level 1, though, and learn the ways of it).

I am considering a cleric or paladin now, and will gladly take the burden of healing on my shoulders. :) If someone would really love to play those, then I am perfectly OK to bring a straight up damage dealer (fighter or barbarian).

TMO
January 9th, 2017, 16:05
I'm using the version that Chris Perkins did for dungeon magazine, thanks for the offer.

I don't think I'm familiar with that version. Is that published somewhere publicly? I'd like to look at it.

flashingturtle
January 9th, 2017, 16:30
its in dungeon magazine, the same issue that has the owlbear run adventure, I got it as a pdf somewhere.

character discussions can take place before we play, unless there is anything that's burning, you can post here or private message me. as its a one shot and I don't expect you to live very long I'm not too fussy so just go with whatever you think will be fun :)

JohnD
January 10th, 2017, 06:25
You mean looking for victims, right?

"Players" is a more polite way of saying it! :)

flashingturtle
January 10th, 2017, 09:53
Ive had plenty of interest so I'm closing the thread. Thanks everyone!