PDA

View Full Version : problem with activation...

Alejo68
January 8th, 2017, 22:01
Hi,
I´m trying to activate my FG2 steam version in my PC but (after inserting the code) it keeps saying FREE.

I previously activated it in my notebook... Is the software only for one device use?

In case that is correct, how can I erase my Notebook activation so as to make a new one in my PC.
Thanks in advance.

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2017, 22:27
No, you may use FG on more than one device provided that you don't use more than one at the same time.

Make absolutely sure that your key is correct and that your username and password are also correct.

Also if you only recently purchased your license from Smiteworks then it may be that Steam haven't been notified about your key. Smiteworks send a list to Steam every few weeks so it isn't an instantaneous process.

Trenloe
January 8th, 2017, 22:35
You will need to run an update after you enter your license key and username/password.

Alejo68
January 8th, 2017, 23:57
Thanks for the answers.
I received a key from steam which I copied and inserted when prompted by FG (after hitting activate key button).
After that, It doesn´t say that it is wrong, it only keeps FREE in the upper right corner.

Am I doing something wrong?
I would appreciate any help.

Moon Wizard
January 9th, 2017, 00:06
Try using the "Check For Updates" button after you enter your key.

Regards,
JPG

Alejo68
January 9th, 2017, 00:47
Try using the "Check For Updates" button after you enter your key.

Regards,
JPG

Did exactly that, but "FREE" is still there.

Version is up to date, v.3.2.1
My purchase was the "Fantasy Grounds License" ($40).

Moon Wizard
January 9th, 2017, 00:49
Please send a screenshot of your Settings screen to [email protected]. Then, we can verify whether you have the right information in your settings to activate your product.

You can get a screenshot by pressing Alt+PrintScreen after opening your FG Settings, and then pasting in the e-mail to support.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
January 9th, 2017, 00:51
On the main launch screen click the settings button and make sure there are no spaces before/after the license key in the top "license key" field in the settings window. Make sure there is nothing in the "Lite to Full Key" field. then click the OK button at the bottom of the setting window and then the "Update" button in the updater window that appears after that.

If this still doesn't work, take a screenshot of the setting screen and email it to [email protected] referencing this thread (provide a link to this thread). They'll check your license key and settings are correct.

Ninjaaaad! ;)

Alejo68
January 9th, 2017, 01:19
On the main launch screen click the settings button and make sure there are no spaces before/after the license key in the top "license key" field in the settings window. Make sure there is nothing in the "Lite to Full Key" field. then click the OK button at the bottom of the setting window and then the "Update" button in the updater window that appears after that.

If this still doesn't work, take a screenshot of the setting screen and email it to [email protected] referencing this thread (provide a link to this thread). They'll check your license key and settings are correct.

Ninjaaaad! ;)

Thankyou Trenloe! followed your insctructions and now (I´m not completely sure what I changed...) it worked fine.
Thank you all for your help. I´m completely new to RPG tabletop that is why I´m starting solo with Mythic Game Master emulator. Hope in the neare future join an online game.
Thanks again to all of you.

Alejo