PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Player Maps - ALL Secret Doors visible ?!?!

Targas
January 8th, 2017, 10:51
I was surprised to find the player maps in the 5E adventure module 'The Invisible Hand' showing _ALL_ secret doors on the player map. What's the sense ?
I would have edited the player maps myself, but the module is password protect. So please, correct this issue, as it is no fun for the players and DM to show everything first place.
Can you do it quick, as I intended to run this module as an interlude for a shortcoming of adventuring mid next week ?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=0OGFG5ETIHMA5E02

Andraax
January 8th, 2017, 12:19
Err, you're planning on masking that map and only showing players what they can see, right?

Targas
January 8th, 2017, 12:32
If you have seen the module and the player map, you will notice that masking is a difficult task. A big 'S' is showing each secret door on the player map. You have to just show the inner corridor without walls and it would not make reasonable. Have a look on the map before commenting, please.

Andraax
January 8th, 2017, 12:36
OK, I picked up the module to see, and you're right, it's got the "S" on the door that would be partly visible to the players when you unmask the section they're in. That's a problem...

hawkwind
January 8th, 2017, 12:40
That's bad, you could screen shot the map , open it in in a graphics editor and copy and paste a bit of blank wall from some where else in the map then reimport into FG ...Or you could ask for a refund

Targas
January 8th, 2017, 12:54
I've several paint programs like Adobe Photoshop or better ones :-) Yes, hawkwind. It would be an option, but it's an issue for every GameMaster purchasing the module.
It would be better to fix in the store. The quality of screenshots lacks abit as well. Surely you can zoom in and stick several screenshots together.
It's far easier to purchase the module on rpgnow in PDF, copy all text yourself into FG and fix the pictures by snapping them from the PDF.
That's what I sometimes do, because the quality lacks in some cases from a conversion. Unfortunately you don't know before trying out a converted module.

So I hope the module can be fixed fast, instead of myself having to work around it. My idea was to get a module for quick gameplay with not much prep time ahead . . .

hawkwind
January 8th, 2017, 13:00
I agree with you which why I suggested asking for a refund as an alternative

Targas
January 8th, 2017, 13:12
Maybe. But then my problem is still I don't have the time to prep an adventure in a couple of days. Anyone knows an adventure which is working flawlessly, for a group of ~4 players ranked ~2nd lvl. ? If I had more time I would do it myself. and the dozen 2 pager 'Prepared!' adventures are easily played through within an hour, so better something like 6-7 pages long for a one shot.

ddavison
January 8th, 2017, 14:28
This is an error on our part. We can grant a refund and we have requested the unmarked versions of the maps from the publisher. Barring that, we will have the developer edit the images to remove them and post an update. We will try to get this resolved quickly so that it can be ready before your game.

Targas
January 8th, 2017, 14:37
Thanks. I don't require a refund. Error's can happen. As long as the error can be fixed it will be fine.

lokiare
January 8th, 2017, 21:19
This module is now fixed. Please update and make sure you right click on the module's 'book' in the module window and hit 'clear' before using.

Targas
January 9th, 2017, 05:53
Thanks for the quick response and fixing. Location t18 has now just a small line 'wall' in comparison to the other 'walls', but that's a minor glitch.

Varsuuk
January 9th, 2017, 20:00
Amazing request turnaround from these folks... makes me feel warm and fuzzy :)

This map sort of thing is one of the reasons I get some modules from her vs convert myself. I still am real poor with graphics and find it easier to get FG versions because of the value add of modified or extra publisher supplied "player version" maps.

I like that about many of Schley's maps also, supplying 2 versions when you buy em.