PDA

View Full Version : Tonnichiwa's maps made with the CC3 and CC3+ suite of software

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 06:44
Hello everyone,

This is the thread that I am going to use to upload the maps I create using the Campaign Cartographer suite of software. These maps are here for you to use however you wish except that you may not sell them and you may not cannibalize the maps to make money.

I will be uploading them as time permits. I hope you can get some good use out of them.

This first one is a little cartoon world that I created just as an experiment of a cartoon mapping style.

enjoy.

LordEntrails
January 8th, 2017, 06:57
I can just imagine Finn (Adventure Time) wondering about there :)

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 07:06
Lol...yeah, he probably would!

So this next one is a treasure map! you can use it as a hand out or anything else you desire. Sorry about the copyright added but I had to add that as someone was taking the symbols off of it on another website and trying to make money with it.

Anyway, Enjoy.

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 07:37
This next map is an Asian style map.

enjoy

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 07:49
This next one is a city map.

Enjoy

Myrdin Potter
January 8th, 2017, 09:32
These are very nice maps in different styles.

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 10:41
Thanks Myrdin Potter. I'm glad you like them.

For my next map, this one is sort of based off of a Greek style setting

Enjoy

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 11:00
This next one is very similar to some 3rd or 3.5 edition D&D maps.

Enjoy

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2017, 11:43
Hi tonnichiwa; nice work on these maps.

It might be handy if you rolled up the maps in a Fantasy Grounds module so that users could download them all at once rather than piecemeal. One other thing; so that as many chaps can use them as possible it would be best if they were in .jpg format so that they can be imported straight into FG and also so that their memory footprint is a bit smaller (ideally images should be 1Mb or less if they are designed to be shared so that players don't hit slow download times and potential memory issues).

seycyrus
January 8th, 2017, 14:12
Very nice to see all your maps posted here in one place for FG users!

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 17:44
Hi tonnichiwa; nice work on these maps.

It might be handy if you rolled up the maps in a Fantasy Grounds module so that users could download them all at once rather than piecemeal. One other thing; so that as many chaps can use them as possible it would be best if they were in .jpg format so that they can be imported straight into FG and also so that their memory footprint is a bit smaller (ideally images should be 1Mb or less if they are designed to be shared so that players don't hit slow download times and potential memory issues).

Thanks Zacchaeus. I'm glad you like them. I looked into that module thing you talked about. It looks like it would require some form of programming. To be honest, I'm wondering if I should continue to post my maps here after reading that because I just don't have the time to put them all in a module and learn how to program with xml to do it. Also, 1 MB pictures mixed with JPG format actually makes overland maps look all pixelated from my experience.

I could keep uploading them as 1MB JPG's if people want but they really won't look nearly as good. However making a module out of them is way beyond my know how and time constraints.

@Seycyrus: Thanks. I'm glad to see people liking my work. It inspires me to make more. I really am happy that people can actually get some use out of them.

Trenloe
January 8th, 2017, 17:55
Thanks Zacchaeus. I'm glad you like them. I looked into that module thing you talked about. It looks like it would require some form of programming. To be honest, I'm wondering if I should continue to post my maps here after reading that because I just don't have the time to put them all in a module and learn how to program with xml to do it.
It doesn't take programming, just a passing familiarity with Fantasy Grounds (you load them in a Fantasy Grounds campaign and export them to a module - all through the FG interface).

But, don't be put off, please keep doing what you're comfortable with - i.e. posting great maps! Thanks.

Myrdin Potter
January 8th, 2017, 17:59
If you own Fantasy Grounds, it takes no programming to make a map module. The software does it for you.

Please post maps however you want. I can use gimp and convert (and make the file smaller) to .jpg. Once you have enough posted, just Private message me and I can make a module for you. Would just take a few minutes.

Just to let you know, for on screen use in a game, we almost always save maps at lower quality and try and keep the scale below 2000 x 2000 where possible. Sometimes that results in minor pixelation but for game purposes nobody really notices.

These are not just good maps, but the different styles really shows me what CC3+ is capable of.

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2017, 18:22
Ah, my bad, I just assumed that you had Fantasy Grounds since you were posting here. So, just forget everything I said above and just keep posting away and we can just sit back and appreciate the maps. :)

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 18:39
Thanks guys. I don't actually own Fantasy Grounds. I was just inspired to come over and share my maps because of a comment on the Profantasy forums. I love the idea of my maps actually being used in D&D games (and any other game). So I'll keep posting them here when I can. I think the next one I will make a JPG and 1MB (or around there) so you guys can see how they would work if I did that.

Glad I could show you guys what CC3+ can do. I don't know how many of you know this but this version of CC3+ has photoshop effects added to it. Things like "burn" and "Dodge", "Hard Mix", and "Reflect", and a bunch of others. This really opens up CC3+ to a whole new range of possibilities that I am currently exploring.

EDIT: Doh!...ninja'd by Zacchaeus

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 19:03
Ok, so this next map was made when I first started learning CC3, not CC3+. So it isn't really that great of a map but I figured someone may like it

Enjoy

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 19:23
So this next map can be used as a trade route map that your players may have found or been given by a caravan master. It shows the way to go for the entire route, only mapping out the local areas around the road they are to travel.

Enjoy

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 19:59
So if you are looking for an Egyptian based constellation map then you will love this next one.

Enjoy

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 21:08
My next map is an isometric dungeon map. I hope there is enough stuff that you can figure out how to put a grid on it yourself if you need one.

Enjoy

Bidmaron
January 8th, 2017, 21:18
Very nice constellation map, tonnichiwa! Was that done with cosmographer?

Bidmaron
January 8th, 2017, 21:18
My next map is an isometric dungeon map. I hope there is enough stuff that you can figure out how to put a grid on it yourself if you need one.

Enjoy

Really nice!

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 21:32
Hi Bidmaron, Glad to see you like the maps. The constellation map was done using a combination of the Cosmographer add on for CC3+ and the Cartographer's Annual #34, Modern Atlas Maps.

My next map is a very small kingdom done in the Mike Schley style. I'm not really sure if the small size of the jpg does it justice here but who knows. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 21:42
Oriental Adventures anyone?

Enjoy

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 21:54
And another Oriental Adventures map.

Enjoy

tonnichiwa
January 8th, 2017, 22:09
Here is another isometric map. I don't really like this one but I figured maybe someone else will. So here it is, the Dungeon of Bones.

Enjoy

Bidmaron
January 8th, 2017, 22:53
Love your orientals. I am partial to isometrics, but we cannot currently use those in the normal sense for FG. I am not sure why you didn't like dungeon of bones? That looks great.

tonnichiwa
January 9th, 2017, 03:10
I'm not really sure why I don't like it. I guess because I think I could have done better. Well, if you like the Asian maps I have one more. This one is called the Monastery.

Enjoy