PDA

View Full Version : [FGDAze] Incomplete Lunch

Zacchaeus
January 7th, 2017, 19:06
Happening right now and I'm FOUR short if you want to jump in. We're on FG Teamspeak (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server)

damned
January 8th, 2017, 00:32
Happening right now and I'm FOUR short if you want to jump in. We're on FG Teamspeak (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server)

Aaarrrggghhh - how did you go in the end?

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2017, 00:40
Ended up with three. One of the players from the afternoon game stepped in. The PM session was the same, four people didn't turn up but luckily got someone who was looking for a game stepped in.

Both sessions were excellent fun but I'm very annoyed that only 4 players out of 12 who signed up bothered to turn up.

damned
January 8th, 2017, 00:42
yeah... i had a couple of no shows too....

spite
January 8th, 2017, 01:10
That is the one issue that always comes up, I've had times where I've had to pull out, but I've always tried to mail the DM, or apologised afterwards if I couldn't get in touch beforehand.
Hope the game was still fun though, that's the ultimate goal!

LordEntrails
January 8th, 2017, 04:52
I'm wondering if this FG Daze was a little too close to the holidays. I know it seemed soon for me. I too had 2 of 6 no shows. Did manage to pickup someone from the LFG channel though.

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2017, 12:24
I'm wondering if this FG Daze was a little too close to the holidays. I know it seemed soon for me. I too had 2 of 6 no shows. Did manage to pickup someone from the LFG channel though.

Possibly, but I thought it would be a big attraction with the many new players/GMs buying the product in the sales or getting Christmas presents etc. Both my games filled up really quickly so I thought it was all good. I understand of course that things happen and get in the way etc but I'm still waiting on apologies from 8 people that didn't show and that is scandalous; especially since I see so many players moaning that they can't find games/not enough GMs etc etc. This kind of behaviour stops me from running more one off or even longer term games.

hawkwind
January 8th, 2017, 12:36
Reminds me of when I tried to run games on Roll20 :( Fantasy grounds must be attracting a lot more casual players

damned
January 8th, 2017, 13:22

If there were not enough signups that could be true - but lots of signups and lots of no shows....

LordEntrails
January 8th, 2017, 17:34
If there were not enough signups that could be true - but lots of signups and lots of no shows....

My point being that because it was so close to the holidays, people signed up, but were not really back in their regular routine and they still had "ectra" things going on in their lives that this was just something that got lost in the shuffle.

The lack of apologies is... a sad statement of our society. Hopefully though we can all keep up and instead of be disappointed by what could have been, enjoy what was :)