PDA

View Full Version : Combat Mode on the Actions Tab

technocrat13
January 7th, 2017, 13:20
You know how, on the Actions tab of your character sheet, there's a Mode you can switch between for your spells & powers? The options are Standard, Preparation, and Combat, yeah?

On all of my old characters, if you go to Preparation, choose the spells you want prepared, then go to Combat all non-prepared spells are removed from the page. This is really handy for saving screen real estate during combats.

But! On every character I've made since the 3.2 patch, the non-prepared spells are not removed when in Combat Mode. They stay there on the sheet.

It's a mild thing, but kinda frustrating when the ability was just there a little while ago.

So...

Is this a known issue? I can't seem to find anything about it, but I may not be searching well enough.

Is it a change in the system that I haven't figured out yet?

Zacchaeus
January 7th, 2017, 13:26
Hmm, you are correct and that shouldn't be happening. I'll add it to the list of things to be looked at. Thanks for reporting.

technocrat13
January 7th, 2017, 13:40
Thanks Zacchaeus. Your diligence in keeping FG running smooth is very much appreciated.

Zacchaeus
January 10th, 2017, 11:19
A quick update on this one. In order for the prepared spells to remain whilst the unprepared ones disappear you need to have a number in the 'prepared spells' meta data. It doesn't matter what number is there as long as there is one. I completely forgot about this when I replied above, so it is working as expected.

technocrat13
January 10th, 2017, 11:23
A quick update on this one. In order for the prepared spells to remain whilst the unprepared ones disappear you need to have a number in the 'prepared spells' meta data. It doesn't matter what number is there as long as there is one. I completely forgot about this when I replied above, so it is working as expected.

Ah! I will check on this as soon as I get home!

Thanks, Z!

technocrat13
January 10th, 2017, 13:31
That did the trick!

I put a number in the prepared box & cycled through the modes. Poof! All fixed.

Thanks again.

Slalom
January 11th, 2017, 18:11
What you mean 'prepared spells' meta data .

I try to use the "show only prepared spells" faction but i cant.

May you, please, explain step by step what i have to do?

Thank you

PS

I saw on a post that when i have Mode: Prepared i should see a box that i can tick or something? Because i see nothing. :/

Trenloe
January 11th, 2017, 18:16
I saw on a post that when i have Mode: Prepared i should see a box that i can tick or something? Because i see nothing. :/
See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Spell_Slots_and_preparation You see nothing to prepare because FG doesn't have any "Spell Slot" numbers - i.e. you need to check/enter the number of spell slots you have per level. See the section I linked above and the related screenshot.

Slalom
January 11th, 2017, 18:19
Thank you !!!