PDA

View Full Version : *heavy sigh*

Yost
October 17th, 2005, 02:19
I have come down with something and don't feel well enough to play tonight, so I'm taking my 100 degree temperature and going to bed.

Sorry all.

Asuril
October 17th, 2005, 21:23
You might want to consider making a Yahoo group for your game; a few games I've been in have done it, and I think it works out really well. [Props to Graiskyes for being the first in my experience. ;0) ] This'll let you communicate with your players easily, and they'll be able to find exactly where your posts are so they don't miss any.

https://groups.yahoo.com/

Check it out! :)

[Props to Graiskyes for being the first in my experience. ;0) ]

Alkaven
October 17th, 2005, 23:11
Yah, making a 'brand new' topic just for this is really unnecessary. You could have just made a reply to your game topic already here, or take Asuril's advice, or even just send out private messages. Making public topics that are only addressed to specific people derives form the intent of a public messageboard.

But hey, I don't care, and if nobody else does, I'm sure it doesn't matter.

kalmarjan
October 17th, 2005, 23:42
Yah, making a 'brand new' topic just for this is really unnecessary. You could have just made a reply to your game topic already here, or take Asuril's advice, or even just send out private messages. Making public topics that are only addressed to specific people derives form the intent of a public messageboard.

But hey, I don't care, and if nobody else does, I'm sure it doesn't matter.

Tsk...Tsk... :)

Honey and Vinegar... read all about it.

BTW, Alk, have you figured out how to add spells to your campaign yet?

Alkaven
October 18th, 2005, 03:32
Not yet. Still haven't had alot of time to. I have a several days off coming up starting Wednesday, so I'm gonna be messing around with it a bit more. I'll post more on it in the Workshop forum.

Honey and Vinegar? I don't get it.

LeapOfFaith82
October 18th, 2005, 03:54
First off. Ill only communicate through these boards. Especially since i dont know half the people i play with personally. Second ive seen alot more annoying and very repetitive posts. :wink: If someone has a problem with the thread being posted im sure they can have enough sense to not click it. And finally if your not feeling well would you want to send out 5 PMs to all your players

And hurry up and get better so we can play Yost. Lol. :D

Asuril
October 18th, 2005, 05:59
*Shrugs* I was just trying to help.

Frankly, I'd be really embarrassed if I was spamming the boards for everyone to read stuff like "I feel sick."

Meh, spam-away if you wanna.

gurney9999
October 18th, 2005, 06:29
Could it be that yost accidentally hit New Topic instead of Post Reply? It happens a lot, and since this seems to go with his other thread about holding a Sunday night game... might that make more sense than accusing him of spamming?

Alkaven
October 18th, 2005, 08:01
Possibly. I can see that being an honest mistake.

gurney9999
October 18th, 2005, 13:50
Of course, if he starts another thread with *Hey I made some coffee this morning!*, feel free to beat him around the head and shoulders :)