PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning Material 6e -> 7e

Hermundure
January 6th, 2017, 19:52
Hi all,

sorry if this has been answered before but I was not lucky in finding the info:

As I have read its possible to transfer the 6e products from the FG store into 7e easily, is this true only for the adventure modules or also for the Spellbooks like "Undying Leaders" or "Mythos Magic" and NPC Collections like character pregens or monster pregen modules which are sold in the store?

If everything 6e would be usable in 7e it would make it a lot easier to for me to figure out what to get in the store and what might be incompatible :-)

BTW these modules like "Secrets of New York", "Secretes of New Orleans" "Secrets of..." and "House of R'lyeh" are they completely new settings for CoC or pretty much collections of adventures? I still havent figuered this part out ;-p

Herm

(If some other stupid question concerning CoC comes to my mind I will post it in here as well .-)

damned
January 6th, 2017, 23:32
Hermundure for the most part things like spell books are just items and have no real features. I think that they shoudl mostly work The conversion process is not perfect but most things do come over. I would not go and buy 20 things at one go and then find that one thing that doesnt convert really annoys you :) Just get one item and check you are happy with the conversion and then you can get more. The Secrets series are settings info and should be pretty close to a full import straight into 7e. I proofed one of these and from what I recall it was all reference/setting material.

Trenloe
January 7th, 2017, 00:19
Compare the product descriptions in the FG store with those from the Chaosium website: https://www.chaosium.com/search.php?Search=&search_query=secrets+of As far as I'm aware the FG conversions replicate pretty much the base product, unless the FG store description mentions otherwise.