PDA

View Full Version : LFP Star Wars Campaign using FFG (EoTE/F&D) +10GMT AEDT (AUS)

Goregamer
January 6th, 2017, 10:32
Hello,
Seeking 2-4 players wishing to join a starting and planned ongoing campaign using the Star Wars EoTE/F&D rules and setting.
The adventures and story theme of the campaign will be highly player driven. Intend to run by what player’s desired RP goals are and build on character background, motivations/obligations, etc. So several initial sessions will be building the group/characters. Willing to run some 1:1 sessions if required during campaign as key character plot developments. Will run with as few as 2 players if can't find the right personalities/interest.

If not familiar with game mechanics will work through, more a desire to know/like Star Wars setting.

If interested please PM with some background to your experience with Star Wars/FFG, what you would like from the campaign and a general character concept.

Thanks for your interest, some details also below:

FG License: Full
Game System: Star Wars EoTE / F&D
Time Zone: 8:30PM AEDT (+11GMT) / 1:30am PST / 9:30am GMT / 5:30pm SGT
Day of week and time: Tuesdays 8.30pm
If new game, planned start date: 17th Jan, Intend to run as many session 0 as required before starting.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly (Tuesdays)
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: TS3 or Discord (group preference)
Roleplay & Combat mix: Preference to 60/40
Number of Players seeking: 2-4
Character restrictions:
Official FFG published material only.
Link to Game calendar page:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2337

BBGaming
January 7th, 2017, 13:58
Hello Goregamer

That time slot looks like something I can handle. I've got all three core books but have played very little (just the intro adventure to EotE beginner box).

I have Teamspeak 3 installed.

I will plan to message you with a character concept. Are you allowing all concepts from the 3 core books?

Goregamer
January 7th, 2017, 23:16
Hi Robert,
Will allow concepts/specializations from all books however won't use Duty, just keeping it to morality/obligation.

damned
January 8th, 2017, 00:22
Hey GoreGamer more niche rulesets/systems often take longer to fill up - coupled with our less populous timezone...
Do a calculation for all the US timezones and a few others (https://everytimezone.com/) and post that too to make it easier for players from other timezones to understand the timing.... lots of people find timezones challenging.
Also consider starting if you get 2 or 3 players and keep the recruitment open.

Apoc013
January 10th, 2017, 23:24
i've been looking to join a star wars game, i have ts 3 and discord, time works awesome for me also

Goregamer
January 11th, 2017, 09:02
Excellent, so 2 players we can continue with the Session 0 to set characters, group etc.

1 more player would be of benefit if any further interest is out there.

Goregamer
January 15th, 2017, 09:43
Out there to the community, would there be broader interest if this was run using D&D 5E? I do have many Saga (d20) books and can do easy convert.

damned
January 15th, 2017, 12:08
Hi GoreGamer
If there are 100 people looking for a game at any point in time, roughly, statistically speaking, based on last years numbers, 79 of them are looking for 5e, PF, 3.5E, 4E. Only 2 of them are looking for Star Wars. Then (guessing based on when I see most games advertised for) less than 35% of those are looking for a non-weekend game, and maybe 5% of them are in AUS and a weeknight AUS game really sucks for US/Euro players. Anyways, to get to the point, if you have two players you probably have the only 2 players who fit that availability right now. If you start the game but post a regular update along with a "Looking for one more player - active, ongoing game" tag in bold I reckon you will - slowly - pick up your extra players as they come across the board and your post... I hope that makes sense... Good luck and keep up the good work.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2017, 17:49
Star Wars and the FFG ruleset is pretty popular - there were over 8,500 Star Wars session (FFG variety) played on Fantasy Grounds last year: https://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3779-Who-s-Playing-What-On-Fantasy-Grounds-Final-Stats-For-2016!#.WHu1KxsrJaQ It's a good system and a nice fit for the Star Wars universe. As damned recommends, perhaps get going with the two players you have - post some screenshots/brief play summaries and you'll soon find you have interest. When I run one-shots of EotE at FG Cons there is always interest, so the players are out there - they perhaps just need a bit more publicity to jump on board.

Mitzter
January 16th, 2017, 04:45
Hi Goregamer
Australian based in Canberra that is interested in joining. As the year progresses I will definitely have something on one of the Tuesdays in the month but am keen to see how it goes. How long are you looking for a session to be (school night and all)?
I have played the Eote beginner set and the expanded adventure but the group fell apart after that so I sort of know the rules (and do prefer them to d20). I only have limited experience with fantasy grounds though, only played a short campaign of 5e and would still class myself as a beginner user of it.
I have discord installed.

Foomish
January 16th, 2017, 06:52
Howdy, I'm UTC +8 so this would be around 6:30pm for me... I think. (every time I think I understand which way the sun goes I'm proven wrong) I am learning fantasy grounds, (have basic license) have been an avid starwars fan most of my life and I have played the d20 rules a long time ago. I can learn rules quickly with a little hand holding (played so many games in so many systems there is usually some cross over).

So if you'd have me I'd like to try. I know a little about Fantasy Grounds (but really want to know more), almost nothing about the rule system, but a constant childlike wonder and absorption for Starwars.

Goregamer
January 16th, 2017, 09:58
Hey Mitzter,
Sure welcome along, happy to work through the characters and system. Sessions normally run for ~3hrs, no later than midnight.

Hi Goregamer
Australian based in Canberra that is interested in joining. As the year progresses I will definitely have something on one of the Tuesdays in the month but am keen to see how it goes. How long are you looking for a session to be (school night and all)?
I have played the Eote beginner set and the expanded adventure but the group fell apart after that so I sort of know the rules (and do prefer them to d20). I only have limited experience with fantasy grounds though, only played a short campaign of 5e and would still class myself as a beginner user of it.
I have discord installed.

Goregamer
January 16th, 2017, 09:59
Hi Foomish,
Time will be 5.30pm I believe. Welcome to come along, initial session is a group discussion and character creation. Details in the calendar.

Howdy, I'm UTC +8 so this would be around 6:30pm for me... I think. (every time I think I understand which way the sun goes I'm proven wrong) I am learning fantasy grounds, (have basic license) have been an avid starwars fan most of my life and I have played the d20 rules a long time ago. I can learn rules quickly with a little hand holding (played so many games in so many systems there is usually some cross over).

So if you'd have me I'd like to try. I know a little about Fantasy Grounds (but really want to know more), almost nothing about the rule system, but a constant childlike wonder and absorption for Starwars.

Mrvnhrrr
January 17th, 2017, 00:48
The timeslot works great for me, If there is room I am 100% interested and can commit.

Torchlock
January 28th, 2017, 16:09
Let me know if there is an opening. THank you.

CrazyYodler
January 28th, 2017, 20:14
Been a while since I have dusted my star wars books off but i have been itching. Currently work as a owner/chef of a restaurant so even though I have evenings to work Aussies usually end up being the best candidates to play with for me (usually around 2 hours after getting home). But yea like stated before i know EotE has some funky dice. Either way I really have only played Star Wars Saga Edition.

Have played other games that used the fate system though (namely the dresden rpg. If it uses a fate based system. I may be wrong)

Would love to join pretty much and would love to have the experience of playing a star wars rpg!

Plutwo
January 29th, 2017, 03:00
I am extremely interested and have played the boxed version of EotE extensively, but I also live in Easter Standard Time so a game that starts at 4:30am on a weekday isn't something I could do. If this was on the weekend I could do it.

Goregamer
January 29th, 2017, 22:17
Thanks all for interest. Game is full and has started.