PDA

View Full Version : Demo version - Purchased PHB Deluxe not displaying in Library

Sabrosa
January 5th, 2017, 18:03
I purchased a standard license a few weeks back and then purchased D&D Complete Core Class Pack and that's working on my home computer.

I just installed the demo copy on a different computer and went to settings and entered my account and password, and then ran update. I see the WOTC5EPHBDELUXE in the store purchases in settings, but it's not listed in my library when I go to manage characters.

Any help is appreciated.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2017, 18:09
You can only use those modules with a valid Fantasy Grounds license. This is mentioned in the requirements on the store page: "Requirements: This content requires an active license to download and use."

If your second computer is your own and will only be used by you, Smiteworks do allow you to use your license on another computer - as long as it is yours and you won't be using it at the same time as other installations. This allows people to do campaign development work on their laptop/work computer, for example, but play on their home computer.

Sabrosa
January 5th, 2017, 18:30
Thank you Trenloe, that's what I had thought and didn't think to look on the store page requirements.

Nylanfs
January 5th, 2017, 19:06
You need both you Key and forum account in there.

irish_carbomb
January 7th, 2017, 17:26
I did the exact same thing when I first got into FG. I downloaded the Demo because a friend told me to get it. I then thought "oh hey the PHB would be great to have". So I bought that, not realizing that it would not work with the Demo license. So I bought the standard license, and since then I have bought everything else. It is so darn addicting

Nylanfs
January 7th, 2017, 17:33
<Burns voice> Exellent </Burns>

Anana11
February 22nd, 2017, 05:39
Huh. This is very similar to my issue - I have the Ultimate subscription, but the LMoP module will not show up as available (I get the red stop sign) when I try to load the module. However, it's not a demo on a different computer solution. Only one computer at this point. LMoP seems to be updating (or at least checking for updates) when I go into settings to update, but I still get the stop sign.

damned
February 22nd, 2017, 07:32
Hey Anana11 are you player or GM?
If you are a player the GM may have (and should have) blocked you from opening the module.
If you are the GM you can drag Red or Green on to it (but it should be Red) but it shouldnt sop you opening it - that only defines what happens for players.
Try Double Click the LMoP Icon or drag the book open.

ddavison
February 22nd, 2017, 16:26
The red stopsign just means that it is not shared to the players. When you run an adventure, you only share specific maps or items and not the entire "module". As damned said, double-click on the thumbnail or click-drag the book icon open.

Anana11
March 1st, 2017, 05:31
The red stopsign just means that it is not shared to the players. When you run an adventure, you only share specific maps or items and not the entire "module". As damned said, double-click on the thumbnail or click-drag the book icon open.

Thank you so much, both damned and ddavison. I had tried the double-click, but finally (partly because of the dragging around the green and red that damned mentioned) I figured out that dragging the book open worked. Not sure why, but now that I've got it down, I don't question it. Thank you again for your kind help!

Bidmaron
March 1st, 2017, 12:24
By the way, welcome to the forums! As you can see, we are a friendly lot and answer questions.

Anana11
March 3rd, 2017, 04:50
By the way, welcome to the forums! As you can see, we are a friendly lot and answer questions.

Thank you, Bidmaron! Yes, you are and I will definitely keep you all in mind as I learn to navigate around this program. :)