PDA

View Full Version : Player Character AC Glitch

Wherf
January 5th, 2017, 05:04
Hey everybody,

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds but I've got everything set up for my next campaign and everything seems to be moving smoothly. I had my players connect today to learn the ropes and correct some stuff with their character sheets though I've found a really odd glitch with two paladins in my group. When one of my players, Knox, is attacked by another PC any rolls above 10 are coming up as successful hits despite her AC being 20. Multiple PC's were able to hit Knox as long as their attack roll totals equaled 10 or above. Effectively, FG considers Knox's AC to be 10 despite wearing splint armor and having a shield (both were equipped).

However, it gets a bit weirder. When I, as the DM, roll for other characters to attack Knox (going into their character sheet and using an attack roll) everything is fine. AC also calculates properly enemies controlled by me and there are no issues for my non-paladin characters. I figured there must be some sort of discrepancy so I went through a variety of things in FG, removing and re-adding splint mail, messing with AC bonuses, and making sure no effects were active. Nothing seemed to fix the bug, even restarting the program. Is there a paladin specific thing that could be effecting this? If you guys have any idea's I'll mess with it tomorrow and respond.

(Using SRD Data and the PHB, also have Elemental Evil Module)

Nickademus
January 5th, 2017, 05:10
It would help us to see the chat log of the players attacking each other. Also the targeting would be helpful.

Wherf
January 5th, 2017, 05:31

Here you go, I tried to put as much information of what might be going on.

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2017, 06:40
Can you zip up your campaign directory, and send to [email protected]?

I'd like to take a look and see if I can recreate on my machine.

Also, any steps for how you are making attacks would be useful. (i.e. dragging from PC sheet to combat tracker, or something else.)

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2017, 08:58
Thanks for sending the campaign file. I wasn't able to recreate at first, but I finally figured out the scenario.

It happens when a player has shared a link from their PC in the chat window, then any attacks from a different user against that PC will get the wrong AC. It doesn't happen on the GM side.

I'll need to push a patch in v3.2.2 to address. It's slated for mid-January.

Thanks,
JPG

LordEntrails
January 5th, 2017, 19:28
Hey Wherf! (Looks rudely at Nick) Welcome to the community. Glad to have you :)

Nice find. Obscure, but important :)

In case you didn't know, Moon is the lead developer. Sounds like he's got you taken care of, or will with the next update. Let us know if you find anything else or have any questions.

Nickademus
January 5th, 2017, 20:11
What? I didn't do anything! I'm playing nice... *skulks*

LordEntrails
January 5th, 2017, 21:58
What? I didn't do anything! I'm playing nice... *skulks*
You didn't welcome the new member!

Nickademus
January 5th, 2017, 22:43
But, I never welcome new members... There's like five of you tripping over each other to welcome new people. I think you got that covered. :P

Besides, when I type a post before going to work I don't have time for pleasantries. I try to just get out what is most helpful and go. I mean, there is a reason I use the Black Mage as my avatar. Just saying...