PDA

View Full Version : LFG 5E group - new to FG but not D&D or 5E, looking for an intriguing game

Andizlack
January 4th, 2017, 23:37
My name is Andrew, I'm 31, and have been playing D&D on and off for about 20 years now. I'm disabled and don't work making me a very flexible player to schedule times around. I'm brand new to Fantasy Grounds, though I've been playing on roll20 for a while: https://app.roll20.net/users/557479/andizlack and would absolutely love to check this solution out. I was amazed by FG's capabilities after watching one of Matthew Colville's videos on it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnTDnDvw6yY), the script of different languages being parsed into English or just in the foreign script automatically based on your character's known languages especially blew me away!

I love to roleplay and have no problem with serious themes, voicing my characters, or dealing with political and moral dilemmas. Those are in fact a large part of what draws me so strongly to D&D.

I'm also decently high-tech, used to stream on twitch and make youtube gaming videos so take a look if you'd like to see what I'm about: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTR...PF_HAfS6bITUuw
While it's nothing crazy, I can be depended on to not have annoying background noise, to have quality audio and video (if ever used), and a fast, stable internet connection.

I went about this a bit unorthodox, so here is the rest of the information from the suggested template:

FG License: Just the free version at the moment. I have a very strict budget so I will unlikely be able to buy the full version in the near future.
Time Zone: Mountain Time (MT)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I am free other than Tuesdays, would like to play a weekly game, and want a game that is no more than 3 hours each session. More than that and I cannot promise that I will have the energy to stay for the whole thing due to my health issues and physical limitations.
Term: long-term and/or one-shot
Voice: Yes. Fine with Discord, Teamspeak, etc., though I strictly boycott Skype as it's just terrible! I also think a text-only game would be lots of fun.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: Lots of AD&D back in the 90's, some third edition, and now about a year of fifth edition.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Brand new!
Character Type Preferred: For my next character, I'm thinking of a pure Bard or maybe a Bard/Sorc multiclass. Depending on the world and level of magic and whatnot, I may decide to play something else entirely. I'm comfortable with playing multiple classes and personality archetypes.

If you'd like to know more, feel free to send me a private message. I'd be happy to chat with whomever. Thanks for reading!
Andy

Tylindell28
January 5th, 2017, 00:35
Hey! Welcome to the FantasyGrounds community! I have a couple of links I would like to share with you, if you don't mind. First is a link to tonight's game with Geoquester and I. It's a lvl 1 one-shot that we're doing, and it might give you a taste of what some of our games are like. You can watch it here https://www.twitch.tv/geoquester . Geoquester has kind of his own community of gamers that is ever-growing. He runs long-term games as well as periodic short-terms. You can find and talk to him here https://discord.gg/WCwDk by typing into chat @Geoquester and inquiring about games to join. We're always happy to welcome in new players and members of the communities. I'm sure you can find a game you will enjoy with Geoquester or perhaps one of the other DMs that we hang with. You can also leave a message, or even link to this page, in the "lfg" chatroom of our discord server. I hope this helps, and I hope you find games that you enjoy!

Andizlack
January 5th, 2017, 22:03
Thanks for the reply. Though I've seen videos of people playing with FG, I've yet to play myself and that is what I'm looking for :) Hope your game went swimmingly!

Tylindell28
January 5th, 2017, 22:30
Well one of the links I posted is our discord server, and you can join games with us by talking to our DM on Discord. I understand if you're disinterested though. Good luck in your search.

Andizlack
January 5th, 2017, 23:07
It just sounds like adding another step and more complexity. If the DM would like to chat with me about me joining a game, that would be great. Otherwise, I think I'll keep looking here. Thanks!

Andizlack
January 7th, 2017, 21:00
Been a few days but I'm still lookin'!

Torchlock
January 8th, 2017, 00:03
You and me both, Andizlack. You and me both.

Andizlack
January 8th, 2017, 10:49
Best of luck finding one! If I could afford a license, I'd just roll one myself but alas, I am poor :(

Lokth
January 8th, 2017, 12:04
Sadly the player to DM ratio is not the best, most DMs have games and cant cater to everyone and finding one that is able to play games at convenient times as well just makes it even harder. Good luck to all our searches!

Torchlock
January 8th, 2017, 16:50
I hear ya Lokth, but my schedule is pretty open M-TH 7-10cst. Just need a game to fill it.

Andizlack
January 8th, 2017, 18:09
I've gotcha beat there; my schedule couldn't be much more open! :P