PDA

View Full Version : how do i replace tokens in HOTDQ campaign?

theclemsonfan
January 4th, 2017, 22:43
Cultist and other NPCs tokes are just letters. I can draw better tokens than this, but the NPCs have a pad lock at the top of their window, lists read only, how do I get past this to replace letter tokens with some sort of portrait?

Moon Wizard
January 4th, 2017, 23:04
For the HOTDQ campaign, you should be able to click on the lock icon on the NPC detail record to unlock, and then edit the NPC record for that campaign.

The way most modules are published is that adventures have editable NPCs, and rulebooks use read-only NPCs.

You can also make a copy of an NPC by dragging the link for the NPC record back onto the campaign NPC list.

Regards,
JPG

Hurske
January 5th, 2017, 17:20
I don't have the module, but if I might be correct, your issue is that you're trying to unlock it from the library module, which will have a red lock icon.

Drag the entry to your personality or npc page to make a copy like Moon Wizard said, and you should be able to unlock it to change the icon.

LordEntrails
January 5th, 2017, 22:10
Note that I think unlocking it to change the token isn't really what you want. Because all of the encounters will (?) still use the old tokens. I think you actually have to change it in all of the encounters :(

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2017, 23:04
Yes, the encounters each have their own tokens, because tokens are specified by encounter, in addition to NPC. The NPC token is only used when adding directly to the combat tracker, or when adding the NPC to the encounter.

Cheers,
JPG

Patou
January 9th, 2017, 19:49
I used Tokentool from the RpTools web site and found all the images of the main NPC's online. Screen captured them onto Tokentool and saved them in my Fantasy Grounds token folder. Like Moon Wizard said the best way is as you set up your encounters.

I've had a lot of fun with this web site which I have attached below the web link. This removes the background allowing you to make cool png tokens. Have Fun!
https://editphotosforfree.com/photoapps/remove-background-from-image-online/#
:)