PDA

View Full Version : FG from Smiteworks and FG from Steam and DLC

MattyFrazier
January 3rd, 2017, 23:29
Soooo, I have a question, more like a couple of related questions and looking for the community's help.

I ordered a full license through the FG website while it was on sale-great deal!!!

I have some funds in my steam wallet that I would like to use to buy Player's Handbook/DM Guide but when I try to checkout Steam tells me that I have to have the full version of Fantasy Grounds in order to buy this product and it re-directs me to buy the full license through Steam.

My questions are:
-Is there a way for me to DL through Steam and bypass the requirement to buy another FG license? (i.e. gift it to myself or will this still require Steam purchased license)
-If the above doesn't work- if I were to uninstall FG from my PC, DL the demo version from Steam, then input my activation key, would Steam recognize and then allow me to purchase the DLC?

Obvi I don't want to pay the full lic. fee twice just to be able to use Steam Wallet funds and slightly too cheap to use my Paypal to order thru Smiteworks when I have the funds sitting in Steam Wallet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Trenloe
January 3rd, 2017, 23:34
You need to activate your FG license on Steam. This is covered here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/

Smiteworks sends the license codes to Steam about one a month, so you may need to wait a few days if you ordered recently.

MattyFrazier
January 3rd, 2017, 23:39
You need to activate your FG license on Steam. This is covered here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/

Smiteworks sends the license codes to Steam about one a month, so you may need to wait a few days if you ordered recently.

Awesome, thanks for the quick and accurate response. I tried but it's only been about a week so I'll wait a bit longer and try again.

damned
January 4th, 2017, 01:00
These are only synced up about once every 6 weeks. So it probably wont be there until the end of January or even a little longer....

Nylanfs
January 4th, 2017, 01:01
Also note that if you are aiming to for one of the "Complete the Bundle" discounts you want to only purchase your DLC from one place. Smiteworks can't track the DLC purchases across the systems.