PDA

View Full Version : Reference Manual Question

Zhern
January 3rd, 2017, 20:57
Edit: Ignore this. Right after I typed it up I found my answer here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35748-Reference-Manual-XML-help&highlight=reference+manual

Two brain farts and counting.

I have a sneaking suspicion this is probably going to have an obvious answer, but it is escaping my sleep-deprived brain right now, so be gentle, please. I've been up since 4am debugging a race condition in bank middleware software and have exceeded my brain power allocation for the day...

Looking at the dev guide for a reference manual, it doesn't mention whether or not the ref manual can itself be a module. Queue my brain fart... To make the reference manual a standalone module, the path to the manual, <[reference_manual_navigation_data_path]> would end up being <root><library>...right?

I guess I'm also confused as to whether or not there can be additional description info within this structure:
<chapters>

If it wouldn't be too much trouble and doesn't have IP inside of it, would it be possible to link or post a quick example of this data structure for a reference manual? I've read through a ton of posts but not found one yet. I have seen mention that it is used specifically with the 5e ruleset and basic set, which I can't pop the hood on and look at myself, but I will take a closer look at what it looks like in FG when I get home. I did also see mention that it was used in some of the Savage Worlds content also.

Anyway, that's for humoring my brain fart.

Patrick/Zhern

Nickademus
January 3rd, 2017, 21:54
Have you looked at the wiki reference manual entry? There is very little that is required for FG for the reference manual. All the rest of the structure is a matter of preference in organization.

Zhern
January 3rd, 2017, 21:59
Yep, I have read through the ref manual wiki. I didn't make the connection as to how it fit into a module till I looked at the UA mod. Finding that other thread helped it click.

Nickademus
January 3rd, 2017, 22:48
Glad to have helped.