PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Decal?

Answulf
January 3rd, 2017, 06:50
Hey gang,

I'm trying to find information on changing the decal in Fantasy Grounds. The most recent information I can find in searches is from 2015, and it looks like there was a decal extension but it's not listed in the extension section of the wiki.

Is there a current decal extension? Does the old one still work? If I just want to swap an image, say the Tyranny of Dragons background - is there an image file I can just replace?

damned
January 3rd, 2017, 10:34
Have a look at the tutorial halfway down this page: https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/

LordEntrails
January 3rd, 2017, 17:34
I used the tutorial damned linked to to create the decal that is in my signature if you want a second example.

Answulf
January 3rd, 2017, 17:56
Ah, thanks guys!

Powers that be - seems like a good link to put in the extensions section?

Also, do we know if FG Unity is going to allow us to easily change the background (without creating our own extension), like The Software-That-Must-Not-Be-Named? Would be really nice to change the background on the fly for different scenes during a game.

LordEntrails
January 3rd, 2017, 18:26
Ah, thanks guys!

Powers that be - seems like a good link to put in the extensions section?

Also, do we know if FG Unity is going to allow us to easily change the background (without creating our own extension), like The Software-That-Must-Not-Be-Named? Would be really nice to change the background on the fly for different scenes during a game.
We don't know yet. The devs have stated that the goal for the initial release of FGU is to incorporate all current functionality and no additional capabilities should be expected in the initial release.

Do note, if you take a look at my extension, you will see that it actually loads about 5 different versions of the decal. Then in the GM options you can toggle which decal is active. So, if you setup your extension like mine, but with various scenes, you could then toggle them as desired during play. Just be aware, some players not become aware of the decal change because of having windows like maps and character sheets on top of the decal.

Zhardal GM
March 8th, 2019, 10:16
i don't understand the guide in the link. I try to edit all bold scripts, but the image don't be loaded in my campaign. Can someone help me?

LordEntrails
March 9th, 2019, 23:14
i don't understand the guide in the link. I try to edit all bold scripts, but the image don't be loaded in my campaign. Can someone help me?
The most common problem for first time extension authors is that the author zips the folder that contains the extension. You can not do that with FG, you must zip the contents of the folder.

But if you give us more details, including uploading or linking the extension you are trying to create, it is very likely someone will be able to help.

Zhardal GM
March 9th, 2019, 23:31
The most common problem for first time extension authors is that the author zips the folder that contains the extension. You can not do that with FG, you must zip the contents of the folder.

But if you give us more details, including uploading or linking the extension you are trying to create, it is very likely someone will be able to help.

Thx for the anwser, but with a dome try and error, finally i have make the correct step, and Now all work fine.