PDA

View Full Version : AC Effect not working?

MartinQuigley
January 3rd, 2017, 04:47
Hi guys.

I'm trying to 'code' an effect for the Paladin 'feature' "Fighting Style/Defensive" which allows an AC+1 when wearing armor. I set the effect up as a 'power' (Fighting Style/Defensive) and I set the effect 'Description' to AC:1, leaving the duration blank and the targeting as 'Self' and expend? to "Never'. I also tried to use the standard spell 'Shield of Faith' which also updates the AC but when I try to click on 'Effect' (walking man} or 'cast' it for either entry, the AC of the paladin does not change. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think this has been referenced before on the forums (spent a while checking) but apologies if I missed a thread.

Appreciate your help!!

Trenloe
January 3rd, 2017, 04:53
Welcome to the forums MartinQuigley!

Effects don't change the stats on the character sheet, they are taken into account when a roll is made - in the case of AC, when an attack roll is made against the creature with the AC effect. You'll see an effect listed in the attack roll, something like [DEF EFFECTS +1] and the effect will be taken into account for the result of the attack - i.e. reporting hit or miss.

Answulf
January 3rd, 2017, 09:12
Hi Martin, welcome to the forums!

Your best bet for Defensive Fighting Style is to click on the magnifying glass to the left of AC on the Main tab of the character sheet, and then enter a "1" into the last column on the armor row, labelled "Misc".

MartinQuigley
January 3rd, 2017, 13:16
Thanks much guys!