PDA

View Full Version : Human Verification Issues

LordEntrails
January 2nd, 2017, 23:16
I've noticed that when I spend a substantial amount of time either writing a post, private message, or blog entry that when I hit Submit I get the human verification page (which is fine). But, after I verify, the page never loads and I loose the message/post/etc.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I'm running Google Chrome v55 on Win 7 Pro.

Zacchaeus
January 2nd, 2017, 23:20
No, haven't noticed that. I usually only see the verification when I'm updating the Wiki though.

Nickademus
January 2nd, 2017, 23:27
Always Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C before submitting any text to a forum.

damned
January 2nd, 2017, 23:33
I've noticed that when I spend a substantial amount of time either writing a post, private message, or blog entry that when I hit Submit I get the human verification page (which is fine). But, after I verify, the page never loads and I loose the message/post/etc.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I'm running Google Chrome v55 on Win 7 Pro.

I used to. I dont seem to lose the post anymore and when I do a couple of backspaces on the browser will often reload the content for me.

Yes, sage advice, particularly for lengthy posts!

LordEntrails
January 2nd, 2017, 23:47
I always try to remember to do this. But sometimes I forget!
But, thought it important enough to see if this is a prevalent enough issue to ask SW to look into it.

mclancy10006
January 3rd, 2017, 00:28
I have seen this with Chrome on other forums I frequent. (not here yet, but I am a n00b) I think it has to do with the way that Chrome does threading.

Zhern
January 3rd, 2017, 00:51
I've had it happen a few times on here too. Luckily I'm already in the habit of ctrl-a/ctrl-c before I submit just about anything anymore. Been burned too many times elsewhere.