PDA

View Full Version : Whiteboard needed.

Graiskye
October 14th, 2005, 04:14
Heres something I assumed FG had, a simple idea, and I know how to accomplish it myself, but a Whiteboard. Just a simple board you can choose the scale of the graph on and draw a simple drawing, with a thicker pen line of obviously, it has to be thicker than the grid lines at least. I just assumed it had the function, went to find it last night and naa. Just as I wrote this I figured out how to do it, with a blank image, but its a simple feature to implaement with the new pen ? Grai

Snikle
October 14th, 2005, 07:32
I believe they are working on better drawing ability on the map feature, including more colors and size of the line.

richvalle
October 14th, 2005, 13:43
Yes, they are working on better drawing tools.

If you go to images and select New you get a blank paper to draw on. You can then set the grid.

One problem I had with this is that the default page is too small (I think). So I went to my map drawing software (dundinie) and saved off a full size blank map. Then imported that into FG.

Since the drawing tools in FG are so... basic right now its not much use but once they become better I can use this image to do ad-hoc drawings on.

rv

Cantstanzya
October 14th, 2005, 17:16
One problem I had with this is that the default page is too small (I think). rvNew to 1.5 is the ability to "add on" to maps that you create within FG. If you create a new map and right click there is an icon to add on to the map. I don't remember seeing this before 1.5 so I assume it is a new feature, either that or I missed it before.

richvalle
October 14th, 2005, 17:30
Ahh, nice.

Thanks!

rv