PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Scribe Reviews

LordEntrails
January 2nd, 2017, 21:37
Inspired by various discussion and complaints of the lack of reviews and feedback for prospective buyers and authors, I have decided to step in and provide critical reviews of RPG products that have Fantasy Grounds modules. My goal is to provide concise, critical, and constructive reviews of products created for Fantasy Grounds so that a) prospective buyers will be able to make informed decisions before buying a product, and b) so that authors can receive useful feedback to help improve their current and future products.

For those interested, I have started a blog on the FG site here. Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/entry.php?232-Virtual-Scribe-Reviews

Bidmaron
January 2nd, 2017, 22:15
I look forward to seeing them!

Nickademus
January 2nd, 2017, 23:28
Ooh, ooh. Review mine!

LordEntrails
January 2nd, 2017, 23:34
Ooh, ooh. Review mine!
Ok...
Gotta tell me more than that :)
If they are on the DMsGuild, then go to the Send Complimentary Copies link (https://www.dmsguild.com/comp_copies.php?is_worlds=1). I think that link will work for you.
Send to lordentrails at gmail

If they are somewhere else, let me know.

Nickademus
January 2nd, 2017, 23:50
I was joking. The only FG mod that I currently have public is the Unearthed Arcana one, which is free and very specialized. People won't get it because of a good review; they'll get it because they want the UA content.

LordEntrails
January 3rd, 2017, 01:10
I was joking. The only FG mod that I currently have public is the Unearthed Arcana one, which is free and very specialized. People won't get it because of a good review; they'll get it because they want the UA content.

Ah:)
I did think about reviewing it, but agree with you as a review would add little value.

For everyone else, I have posted my first two reviews. Feedback is welcome.

LordEntrails
January 13th, 2017, 15:33
So, I'm thinking of changing my review policy a small bit and I would like the reader's feedback. What I'm considering is that after I perform the review that I send the details to the author and put a ten day delay on posting the review in case the author wants to make updates and have me re-review it.

This would mean several things;
- There would be a delay in reviews getting posted in the next few weeks as this goes into effect
- Hopefully overall product quality would be improved as authors would be encouraged to improve their products after receiving the draft review.
- More work for me

Thoughts? Would it be of enough additional value that it's worth my additional effort?

Bidmaron
January 13th, 2017, 16:34
This is a wonderful idea, and the delay would be well worth it.

Nickademus
January 13th, 2017, 20:14
You should already know my thoughts on that, as it's what I currently do. Though, I think it's called editorial work at that point instead of reviewing...

Besides, you need more work. You post too much.

LordEntrails
January 14th, 2017, 00:18
Besides, you need more work. You post too much.
*nods* Yes, been slow for the last couple months. But, starting next week that ends.