PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to a module

KlatuB
January 2nd, 2017, 20:57
We have a campaign just for stuff (I.E. Weapons, Armor, Spells, etc..), we have them grouped as in Dragon Equipment, Dragon Spells, Spell List.

When exporting data you can either click the circle next to Items (let's say) to export all items from the campaign. The problem with doing that is I have some "spell lists" defined as items (so I can link to the actual spells) and I don't want to have them included in the export. I know I can drag and drop individual items to the export list, but with 50+ items to export that gets time consuming and has the possibility to create entries.

I'm wondering if there is a way to either drag multiple items the export list or just drag the group name to the list (haven't gotten that to work yet).

Nickademus
January 2nd, 2017, 21:32
Export them all, then open the module's code and delete the 'spell lists' catergory.

Zacchaeus
January 2nd, 2017, 21:35
No, there's no group drag and drop.

I don't think there's a way to do what you want to achieve unfortunately.

LordEntrails
January 2nd, 2017, 22:06
What Nick means is that after you export everything, rename the module to a .zip file, open it up and inside is an xml file (db.xml I think). You can open that in Notepad (or Notepad++ is better) and remove the items you don't want.