PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Deadlands Reloaded - Can't edit NPCs

ted.wallerstedt
January 2nd, 2017, 17:15
I am setting up a DLR combat. I have loaded Humans from the Marshals Handbook into an encounter. I can edit the name and set the token, but not edit the other information (Friendly/Foe, Weapons) in the encounter. Dropping the encounter onto the combat tracker, the name is lost. And I cannot edit the attacks on the Combat Tracker.

Is it just me? What I am I doing wrong?

ted.wallerstedt
January 4th, 2017, 15:47
I was able to work around this by first making a duplicate of the NPC in Humans, then editing my duplicate, then adding it to an encounter, then popping the encounter on the combat tracker.

Talyn
January 4th, 2017, 16:13
Yeah, looks like making a copy and using that will be the way to go. I looked at the source code and figured out why that is. DLR (and most of the older content honestly) is badly in need of an update to the newer "best practices" and database reference layout.

I was able to set the Friendly/Enemy thing on the Encounter version of the NPC (I used "Bat" Masterson) but if I changed his name, it was still Bat Masterson on the combat tracker. And it's because of the way the data is contained currently.