PDA

View Full Version : Fog of War - Can we make it black?

coreyvw65
January 2nd, 2017, 14:52
I found a seven year old post but it strayed away from the original question. Can I change the Fog to black instead of grey. I use FG as a second instance and project the map from the ceiling. In my dark room for Curse of Strahd, grey lights up like a torch. If there is a way, I am hoping it's not complicated. ;^)

Nickademus
January 2nd, 2017, 15:07
Yes. Just replace the imagebox.png file in your 5e ruleset graphics/frames folder with this one.

It would be better to make an extension that does this, but this is the quick and easy way.

coreyvw65
January 2nd, 2017, 15:20
So I wonder if you could give me an exact path for that. Such as:
ThisPC>Porgram Files (86)>Fantasy Grounds II

Nickademus
January 2nd, 2017, 15:35
The ruleset is a zipfile that you must get into (or open if your windows doesn't look into zips). The exact location is dependent on your install. Start Fantasy Grounds and, in the launcher towards the upper right hand corner, click the folder button. This will open your data folder. Go into the /rulesets folder and open or go into the 5e.pak file. From there it is graphics>frames>imagebox.png.

coreyvw65
January 2nd, 2017, 15:43
I really appreciate your help. I am savvy to a certain level but not quite there. So I see the 5e.pak PAK file but it is not a folder. Am I to use another method to 'open' that? I get the Windows pop up asking how I want to open that file (which is not surprising since it is a file and not a folder).

Nickademus
January 2nd, 2017, 16:04
Like I said, it is a zip file renamed as a .pak file. Sometimes windows can go inside, but I'm not sure how (since I use WinRAR to manipulate my .pak files).

Here is an extension, instead of changing your ruleset. Put it into your data folder's /extensions folder. Then when you launch FG and choose a campaign, before clicking Start, look below the campaign information. You will see a list of extensions with circles in front of them. Click the one called Black Mask 5e to put a red dot in front of it. That will enable the extension for that campaign. Then you will have a black mask instead of gray.

/lazy

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2017, 16:38
Nice work Nickademus.

There has been an extension available to do this for a while (with the image originally provide by Nickademus). See the "Change mask colour to black" extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20320-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-Extensions Slightly different frame view, but is available for CoreRPG based rulesets.

coreyvw65
January 2nd, 2017, 17:27
Nice! Thank you both for you patience. Sorry I didn't see the other thread. Looks great!