PDA

View Full Version : LF2 for Flexible Campaign - See details

Jaccep
January 2nd, 2017, 03:49
FG License: Ultimate Licence. I can also share all core books via FG.
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Day of week and time: Important! Due to my work schedule, the day of the week will shift around for this campaign, but try to remain a consistent time regardless of day (8pm EST). Due to this, players will need to be open to a slightly flexible schedule. The day of the week will be discussed and agreed on sometime before each session, likely at the end of each previous session. A majority of the sessions will be on weekdays. I'm looking for a total of 5 players (2 from this post), and will want 4 out of 5 to be able to attend a given session for it to be accepted.
If new game, planned start date: Session 0 is being aimed for Monday the 16th of January. Session 1 is being aimed for Tuesday the 24th of January
Planned Frequency: Every OTHER week
Term: Long term, length of published campaign

Text or Voice: Mix of both. Players can use voice or text to RP as they are most comfortable - Voice will be used for OOC chat.
Voice software used: Discord.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 - I will run by the published adventure, but am completely open to creative solutions to problems or clever fighting through.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 3 players, need 2 more.
Character starting level & equipment: New characters starting at level 1 with standard PHB equipment. 4d6 drop lowest.
Character restrictions: PHB and Elemental Evil races only - no Volo races at this time.

Details of your scenario: I am a moderate level GM doing his first FG hosted campaign. I am looking to run a published campaign for 5e, but it has not been decided yet which one. I am looking for my players to vote on which published campaign they want for me to run, as I have the material necessary for any of them. My players already in the group range from brand new to D&D to experienced 3.0 and beyond players, so all levels of skill are welcome! Players are all currently males in their early 20s - late 30s - All genders are accepted, all 18+ are accepted. I enjoy healthy role playing of your character and reward those who play to their background even when it may not be the most beneficial option. Min maxing is discouraged but not a deal breaker with proper RP. I don't mind short discussions of the rules when I or other players make mistakes, but I also ask all players understand that DM decisions are final and may not always align 100% with the rules. If you have any further questions about the campaign, me, my players, etc, feel free to post or PM.

Link to Gamecalendar page:

TMO
January 2nd, 2017, 05:29
Hello Jaccep! I wish you great success in getting your campaign started. For my part, I am looking for a group and your requirements for flexibility are okay with me. However, I am operating on the west cost (UTC-8), so I don't think I can easily be available at 8pm EST. I'll monitor this thread in case your start time changes, although I am not expecting that to happen given you are on EST.

Jaccep
January 2nd, 2017, 15:14
Thank you TMO. Let me know if anything changes - Unfortunately the 8pm EST is here to stay as other player requirements don't allow it to shift earlier, and my requirements don't give me too much room to shift later.

Good luck finding a group that better fits your time slot! I see a lot of EST games posted it seems.

Ruinous
January 2nd, 2017, 16:29
Hi Jaccep, This looks exactly what I'm looking for. I am looking for a weekly EST server. I am a DM on Saturdays for an offline group, but it's a bunch of college students, so it's very sporadic. I plan to commit once started, and wish to find a longer term more regular group. Thank you and good luck!

Jaccep
January 3rd, 2017, 03:06
Hello Ruinous!

Are the times listed above for session 0/1 available for you? Do you have a 1st/2nd preferred preference for published campaign, ideally one you haven't run or read through before? You would be the final player we need at this point.

Demonhart
January 7th, 2017, 14:51
If you still need 2 I may be interested. If you are ok starting at 8:15-830. Me and my buddy have kids and they go to bed at 8 but as soon as they go to bed we are available.

I DM a group on saturdays so a weeknight campaign would be kinda nice. Me and him enjoy playing together but I end up having to DM because we don't have one.

Durkastan
January 7th, 2017, 15:26
Are you still looking for players? This game sounds like it would work for me and I can make the time you listed for the first session.

Diomitus
January 7th, 2017, 16:02
I'd love to play if you have any room left in the party?

Carlctrl
January 7th, 2017, 16:43
I would love to join as well, I have a few character concepts ready to go depending on what the party needs. Please let me know if you still have room and the party makeup and I'll submit a character.
I've been using FG for about 6 months now and have been playing D&D for about a year. Definitely looking for a long term campaign to join.

DMDaddy0
January 8th, 2017, 00:44
How late are you looking to play?

Jaccep
January 10th, 2017, 17:54
Hello all! Thank you for your interest!

I'm sorry for the late reply, I was getting notifications for PMs, but not the message board post.

At this point, the party is full. If anything changes I will PM players who have posted here in first-come order then resort to a new thread if necessary. That said, I do not anticipate at this time a new opening unless a player drops from the group.