PDA

View Full Version : New Wednesday Night Campaign (Pathfinder)

LordBalkoth
January 2nd, 2017, 01:45
Basics

What You Need...

1. Fantasy Grounds Demo (I have the Ultimate License)
2. Teamspeak. We're using the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeaker server, information on connecting can be found here (https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak/). Channel is "Balkoth's Campaign" under the "Pathfinder" heading.

Sessions are weekly on Wednesday at 8 PM EST (7 PM CST, 5 PM PST) for 4ish hours.

Overview

The campaign will be combat heavy, though by no means solely combat. New players are welcome, as long as you're willing to use sound tactics and learn about the game. Work together and play wisely and you'll succeed. But be ready for a challenge.

Characters may use material from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, and Advanced Class Guide. Default pantheon. Further material is subject to my approval. 20 point buy, nothing above a 16 or below a 7 prior to racial modifiers.

Background

This is where things get a bit trickier. I'm playing in two games and running a third game, but my Wednesday night attempts seem to be cursed from a player's perspective -- I've had three campaigns break up after 1-3 sessions each. And since I can't seem to find a game to play in, I've said "screw it" and figured I'd run a game since I see a lot of people looking for games around this day/time. Right now things are slightly in the air, though there's at least three options:

1. A local goblin tribe has always been a nuisance, but lately they've been bolder and become more of an actual threat. Whether you live in town or are a traveler passing through, the mayor recruited you and the rest of your party to deal with the goblins once and for all. This would be a new homebrew game that I'm basically making up as I go along.

2. I can start a new "session" of the homebrew campaign I'm running on Monday nights, can see some details here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35267-Pathfinder-Legends-of-Belguth-Looking-For-Players). Overall that campaign/setting is a lot more fleshed out and you'd have the benefit of someone else playing it first so I can correct mistakes the second time around. The "original" group is about 14 sessions in right now.

3. I'm willing to entertain other possibilities/ideas -- like I said, I'm "only" running this because I can't find a consistent game to play in and thus I'm quite flexible in this regard.

Contact

If you're interested in joining, please send me a PM or email me at balkothwarcraft at gmail dot com

House Rules

1. Maximum HP on level up
2. Maximized healing spells out of combat.
3. Dual-wielders can attack once with each weapon as a standard action or AoO.
4. Weapon Finesse and similar feats aren't a thing. Use your Dex if applicable.
5. Weapon Focus and similar feats apply to weapon groups instead of a specific weapon. In addition, any reasonable dual-wielding combination gains this benefit as well (such as a Longsword and Short Sword).
6. No Leadership or crafting feats
7. Coup de grace is a one round action instead of a full round action.
8. Barbarian Rage gives temporary hit points
9. Two-Weapon Fighting improves at the appropriate levels to get the rest of the chain (Improved, Greater)
10. No Gunslingers/Summoners

crankdawg47
January 4th, 2017, 01:05
I'm certainly interested but I've never played in PF before. If you're okay with that, I'm happy to give it a go.

LordBalkoth
January 4th, 2017, 01:16
That's fine, sent you a PM.

noteparty
January 4th, 2017, 18:07
The goblin thing sounds pretty good