PDA

View Full Version : Dm LFP, new to FG

Zero
January 2nd, 2017, 01:23
Hello, i'm new to FG

I have built a small adventure from a mix of old games I've ran and played in.

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5E
I just edited and bumped the original thread since it is still the same over arching story from the original.
Time Zone:Central Time USA
Day of week and time: Saturdays (10am PST, Noon CST, 1pm EST)
Players: 3 out of 4
Text or Voice: Text and Voice
Voice software used: Discord https://discord.gg/mSdbjCr
Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50

Details: The group has reached the rank of rookie in the adventurers guild, and stopped two attempts at the return of the Undying King. There are people who can only speak broken common and some language know as old speak, that say they are going to their "old home's". What is in store for the adventurers? Will the Undying King return? Who is the Undying King?

i am going to have an alternate list for if any leave the group or maybe a second group after i am more comfortable with FG. If you are added to the alt list i will message you when there is an opening, if you cant play because you have another game or IRL reasons, i will move to the next person.

damned
January 2nd, 2017, 02:22
Welcome Zero - and congrats for jumping right into the hot seat!

Zero
January 2nd, 2017, 02:58
thank you, I've been DMing for about 19 years off and on, and just got FG the other day. Hoping to find some players that will work well together.

If it all works out then i will switch to more long term campaign.

Tobimarsh
January 2nd, 2017, 03:28
If you're planning to play Sunday's I'm interested

Answulf
January 2nd, 2017, 05:58
thank you, I've been DMing for about 19 years off and on, and just got FG the other day. Hoping to find some players that will work well together.

If it all works out then i will switch to more long term campaign.

Great to have you on board Zero! Just a quick tip from a fellow GM - it can be a real pain trying to get a game started without a definitive time and day, even when you can be flexible. You will have much better success if you just pick an ideal time and day that works for you and announce it. Trust me, you won't have any problem finding players... :)

You can still make it work as open, though. Good luck!

Barak
January 2nd, 2017, 07:00
Hi Zero i am looking for a campaign for Saturday mornings. If by any chnace your campaign ends up then i would really like to sign up for it.

JohnD
January 2nd, 2017, 07:45
Second what Answulf said. Pick your ideal time and recruit for that; otherwise you're essentially asking your players to remove themselves from eligibility for other games on all your other alternate nights... not something many will want to do as soon as there are other games they see that they would like to try out as well.

Zero
January 3rd, 2017, 02:33
OK, got it narrowed down on days, still looking for 1 more player.

I can run with 3 but still looking like i said.

porthios
January 3rd, 2017, 18:46
Zero I am in the EST time zone, I am interested in joining the group, I already own the core 5e ruleset and have some history DMing but I am looking for a chance to be a PC for a change. I don't have a lot of experience with FG and will be learning also!

Andizlack
January 4th, 2017, 07:04
Hey OP,

Looks like you got your players, but as you mentioned that you were taking folks for an alt list or that you might run another game, I thought I'd give you my first post on these boards. I'm also brand new to Fantasy Grounds, though I've been playing on roll20 for a while: https://app.roll20.net/users/557479/andizlack and in person for decades, similar to you, so I thought we might be a good fit.

I'm disabled so don't work making me a very flexible player to schedule times around. Early Saturday would work just fine for me.

Thanks!
Andy

Zero
January 7th, 2017, 04:08
we have an opening for the party,

as a note, the world isn't all the way fleshed out, i have done this so the players have more freedom in their backstories
and so i can improve a little more when it comes to the world

Carlctrl
January 7th, 2017, 04:13
I'd be interested in joining your game Zero. I've got a few months of experience with FG and an about year with D&D. I have a few character concepts ready to go, if you've still got a spot, let me know what the group has and I'll toss a few ideas out.

*Never-mind, i misread your time and Sat afternoon doesn't work for me, good luck with your campaign!

Diomitus
January 7th, 2017, 14:35
Zero, I can come in for today's game if you just need an extra player?

Reafti
January 7th, 2017, 19:32
Hey interested in joining. Times are fine for me and I as well am new to FG. Only have the demo right now tho since I wanna get some experience with the system before I uhh jump in. So just hit me up if you want me

Zero
February 19th, 2017, 01:22
Bumped for the need of player. send me a message on here or join discord if interested.