PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player (SUN-WED & FRI) Nights EST - Full License - Experineced in 5e

crankdawg47
January 2nd, 2017, 00:16
FG License: Full
Time Zone: US Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I am available on Sunday-Wednesday and Friday Nights (generally starting at about 8pm local time)
Term: I honestly am looking to play and while I would prefer a long-term game, I'll take what I can get.
Voice: I currently have teamspeak and mumble installed but have also used skype and even steam for voice coms in the past. I am however, a US citizen that grew up in a education system that believed we only needed one language so I only speak English, sorry.

Game System Preferred: 5e, 4e, PFRPG
Game System Experience: I have a great deal of exp with 5e. I'm currently about 6 months in on DMing a 5e homebrew using FG. I am looking to learn 4e and Pathfinder if someone is willing to teach. I'm a quick study as long as I don't have to learn it solely by reading.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: As stated above, I have a great deal of exp with FG. I've homebrewed my own class and imported it into FG. I've made custom effects, items, and templates. I am very confident that there isn't much left to stump me since the community here has been awesome in helping me through the tough stuff.

Character Type Preferred: As far as mechanics go, I'm not a big fan of "Use sword on man" characters and prefer to play classes that have multiple options available to them on their turn. In regard to character archetypes, I, generally, like to play characters that are mostly good guys, but you really don't want to cross them. I can play other types but that seems to be my default and what I fall back on when I don't have a specific idea in mind.

If the DM is cool with it, I would love to play test my custom class. You can find it here (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/191663/Blade-Dancer-Class). I have a player testing it in the game I'm DMing but I run a campaign that is well above average in regard to magic and power so I'd like to get a broader sample size. If the DM doesn't want to that's fine. Just thought I'd ask.

About me: Hi there! My name is Chris. Most folks online call be CRank. I am a 31 year old dude that likes to play games. All kinds of games. I like the social aspect of sitting down with a group of people for the sole purpose of having fun for a few hours. Specific to D&D, I was introduced to the game about 2 years ago through G&S's Critical Role (like a lot of folks I imagine). Since then I've been gradually becoming more and more engrossed in the hobby. I subbed to a bunch of RPG focused youtube channels, bought the core books for 5e. Got the entire PF collection from paizo. Started a homebrew campaign, and homebrewed a whole class. I'm kind of committed at this point.

As a DM and as a player, I enjoy the cooperative story-telling element of RPGs. I find it hilarious when the dice make narrative choices through epic 20s and even more epic 1s. I find combat fun but, for me, it is secondary to the interaction between the characters (both PC and NPC). As a DM I run a game on loose rails where there are clear objectives and story arcs in front of my players, but it's their choice on where to go and what to do. The bad guys have plans and if the players want to give them time for those plans to mature, its on them. I value player agency so I am looking for a DM that doesn't mind it when players zig when you thought they would/should zag.

As a person, I try to get along with folk. I've been described as "The Diplomat" by friends and family as I'm usually the guy trying to reach a compromise and make everyone happy.

If you think we could be pals or, you know, can play well together hit me up and we'll play some games.

LordBalkoth
January 2nd, 2017, 01:51
If you're interested in Pathfinder can check this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35875-New-Wednesday-Night-Campaign-(Pathfinder)) out.