PDA

View Full Version : A public thank you to our many, many community devs

ddavison
January 1st, 2017, 19:28
I just sent a version of this to all our devs for the new year, but I thought it would be good to post something where all forum users could see and chime in.

I want to give a great big “thank you” to each of our developers and to James Holloway (Lokiare) for helping coordinate it all. We had 47 community developers who did official work for us in 2016 and 184 new products released. Some of these were done internally, but there is no way we could have achieved what we did without your help. Your contributions expanded the RPG offerings to our community, helped grow SmiteWorks and helped support 37 different publishers, many of which are small Indie shops comprised of only a handful of hardworking authors and artists.

In addition to the production of new content, our community developers also helped us improve the features within Fantasy Grounds across all products. Some of the work pioneered by Damian Hupfeld, Ian Ward and Zeph Ponos helped improve library functionality and presentation across all CoreRPG products. Zacchaeus went above and beyond and helped coordinate fixes and updates across a wide range of products that weren’t even his and Ikael continues to provide new features and assistance for a broad range of Savage Worlds products. Trenloe, MaskOfWinter, MadBeardman, Phantomwhale, Danny Stratton, Doswelk, Poison Alchemist, TASAgent, Perry Chalmers and Jim Hauber were all very prolific. I’m sure I’m missing someone, but we know all your names and contributions.

Edit: Many thanks to the many unofficial community devs too. What they do is just as impressive and even moreso when you consider it was 100% voluntary. Dulux-Oz tops the list there and until recently, Trenloe and Damned were in that same category.

Thanks for helping our small company feel bigger than it really is. I wish you all a very fantastic 2017.

Happy Gaming!

Varsuuk
January 1st, 2017, 19:31
I am always impressed with the dedication and quality of service that comes out of these community devs. Thank you all!

vodokar
January 1st, 2017, 19:59
I certainly agree. Over the years, I have seen Fantasy Grounds go from a relatively obscure but promising platform to being a very robust and gold standard product. A great deal of the credit for that deservedly goes to our community developers who have pitched in to help for things that needed to be done and in many instances have acted to push the platform in ways that the official developers never envisioned or just didn't have time to do. That is one of the things that makes this community so unusual and great. Best to all of you in 2017.

Thanks also to Smiteworks for making Fantasy Grounds a platform where the user is capable of taking part in that. Many companies would have simply locked everything behind an encryption wall and kept the tools out of the users hands. The strength of Fantasy Grounds is the fostering of this sort of community approach.

LordEntrails
January 1st, 2017, 20:15
Impressive work from all you community Devs. A heartfelt and well earned Thank You:)

Hermundure
January 1st, 2017, 21:37
A big "Thank you!" from me also, you guys are awesome :-)

Salva
January 2nd, 2017, 01:48
Thank you all. You are awesome!!!:)
I wish you good health and an excellent year!

Zhern
January 2nd, 2017, 15:15
A big thank you from me too. I'd also like to thank the community devs for being so willing to help out and answer questions for those of us that are just dipping our toes into creating rulesets and modules. I'm very appreciative of all the hard work they do. Also, a big thanks to Moon Wizard and Doug for being so involved and accessible to the community at large.

MarianDz
January 2nd, 2017, 22:14
This project has heart and I feel same rhytm. Thank you all devs & members too.

Talley Darkstar
January 4th, 2017, 04:57
Yes, thank you everyone!

Patou
January 4th, 2017, 15:44
I love this community! The feedback here is awesome and the devs. are great!

Thank you FG!:)

Mortar
January 5th, 2017, 02:28
The numbers Doug posted are very surprising - especially those of the products added to the store (184!!) and the publishers supported (37 :ninja:). Steam needs to come with some better filters for DLC if that rate keeps up.

Hats off to the gang at SmiteWorks for making it all work.

Vanethian
January 5th, 2017, 15:42
Honour and Glory for Doug, Damian and the entire Smiteworks!!!!!! Fantasy Grounds is not just an impressive software, it's a milestone in online gaming. It changed how we play and interact with our friends, and the wonderful time spent in online evenings!

I have no more words, because you know how much I love you :)

poppy_thompson
January 5th, 2017, 17:35
I want to echo the sentiments of Doug and the others. I have been more than impressed by the community developers since I joined several years ago. I wish I was savvy enough to help out, but alas I must be a taker in this relationship! :) It has been a joy to watch the progress of the software (officially and extensions wise) over the course of my involvement with the community.

I look forward to the future with Fantasy Grounds.

daggerfortysix
January 5th, 2017, 19:40
I agree, that a "thank you" is in order. Everyone involved with Fantasy Grounds has been fantastic and this community involvement is amazing. Thank you all!

Lonewolf
January 5th, 2017, 22:33
I love you all for...

Backwards compatibility & future proofing. Supporting community involvement.....

But most of all for not giving up at ERROR: Attempted to parse HTML with regular expression; system returned Cthulhu.

Nylanfs
April 18th, 2017, 14:05
Welcome to FG and the forums Albert!

damned
April 18th, 2017, 15:00
Welcome to FG and the forums Albert!

methinks albert is not real... i could be wrong...

Nylanfs
April 18th, 2017, 17:05
Could be not, but it never hurts to be polite. That way when the killer AI develop they remember me being nice.

Erin Righ
April 19th, 2017, 02:50
Personally I welcome our New AI Overlords, but in the mean time, thanks SW

Niles
April 20th, 2017, 03:19
Thanks to all the devs, they are very helpful! I can post a question and within minutes, it's answered. I don't think a question of mine has ever gone unanswered. A special shout out to Trenloe, who gave me an extension that's invaluable to my games! This community is why I'll never even consider another VTT.

whiteTiki
April 28th, 2017, 05:41
Thanks to all the devs, they are very helpful! I can post a question and within minutes, it's answered. I don't think a question of mine has ever gone unanswered. A special shout out to Trenloe, who gave me an extension that's invaluable to my games! This community is why I'll never even consider another VTT.

What he said. The community is really nice. Service and Quality are at the top.