PDA

View Full Version : Does FG account for monster's traits?

Klandare
December 31st, 2016, 22:04
Does FG take into account some monster's traits like a Kobold with Pack Tactics so if there are 2 Kobolds within 5' of the character they are attacking it would give them Advantage?

Or do you have to click the Advantage button each time?

If this is not a feature that currently works, is it something that is being looked at to develop?

(This is for 5E ruleset.)

Zacchaeus
December 31st, 2016, 22:07
No, FG doesn't take account of such things and no I doubt it would be something that would be worked on. However who knows what the future holds.

Meantime you have to deal with this kind of thing manually.

Klandare
December 31st, 2016, 22:22
Thanks for the reply and info.

At least I know that I have to manually apply it each time.

Myrdin Potter
December 31st, 2016, 23:44
The problem will always be "scale" on the map as you need a grid and the grid scale to be known. Then you need to parse the ability/trait and know how to apply it. A fair amount is automated now, you can always request that thlook at this one. I find t easy to track manually.

Trenloe
December 31st, 2016, 23:46
I think the main problem is the complexity, and the fact that RPGs are very much case/exception based systems - there could always be feats/traits/abilities that might avoid/nullify someone else's ability.

damned
January 1st, 2017, 01:07
And this is a trait kobolds have and pretty much most other critters dont have anything comparable so coding for every single edge case is a descent into madness....