PDA

View Full Version : I need Campaigns please help.

Frankie G
December 31st, 2016, 18:16
so i dont really know where to find campagins and im not very good at making my own.
can i even use campaigns made by others or do i need to use the ones that you buy.

please help me and thank you.

Nickademus
December 31st, 2016, 18:53
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5ELMOP

Frankie G
December 31st, 2016, 19:34
Do i have to buy them is their any that you can just download and play other peoples campaigns.

seycyrus
December 31st, 2016, 19:45
While I think it is highly unlikely that there is a lot of free (perhaps none) material available due to legal issues, it would be best if you told us what ruleset you use.

Frankie G
December 31st, 2016, 19:54
I use 5E

seycyrus
December 31st, 2016, 20:18
Do you have the full or Ultimate license? Do you have any thoughts on the other statements I made in my initial response?

LordEntrails
December 31st, 2016, 20:24
Welcome Frankie G.

So, first "Campaign" and "Adventure" mean different things with FG. What you want to do is to find a community adventure (or also called "module") to play. I'll link you to some in a moment. Campaigns are more like a collection of your notes, characters and record of play. When you create a campaign, you select which ruleset you want to use. Then you or your players create (or select) characters, you activate an adventure (through the library) and share reference sources like the PHB or the SRD with the players.

There is a 5E sample/tutorial campaign that should have been loaded automatically that you can open and explore. Though I've never looked at it (it was created after I became proficient with FG) I hear it is very well done.

There are some free community adventures linked in this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23721-5E-Community-Modules

The module Nichademus linked you to is a really good starter published by WotC, though as you noticed you do have to purchase it. You will also find some on the DMsGuild (https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?filters=0_0_45393_0_0_0_45545_0). Including my own (Balance Disturbed (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/180749/Balance-Disturbed-BDC1?term=balance&filters=0_0_45393_0_0_0_45545_0&test_epoch=0)). Mine is $1 USD, others may be free or any price the author chose.

Let us know if you still have questions after you look around some more.

Frankie G
December 31st, 2016, 20:25
I have full and i guess if there are none i will either have to make my own or just buy one.

Frankie G
December 31st, 2016, 20:35
Thank you for the response i understand now i will look into it andaybe even get yours

LordEntrails
December 31st, 2016, 20:47
Thank you for the response i understand now i will look into it andaybe even get yours
Don't feel obligated to purchase mine. If it interests you, then I certainly hope you do, but only if. Also note, ones you purchase from the DM's Guild do not automatically get loaded or made available in FG. The .mod file needs to be put into your FG Data folder /modules folder. If you need help with that, let us know :)

Myrdin Potter
December 31st, 2016, 21:07
Just so you know, if you just want to be a player, then only the GM needs to own the modules (adventures - for me a campaign is a series of adventures). If you want to be a DM with the full license, then every other player needs to have at least a full license as well. If the DM has the Ultimate license, then even the free (demo) license can be used.

If you prefer complete homebrew, then the 5e SRD which comes for free may be enough. I generally suggest that the DM own (and share) the Players Handbook. You can enter all the extra information yourself, but the cost is not super high (with the sale going on right now). The full license is for Fantasy Grounds, you still need to buy the rules for the game (WoTC needs to be paid). I also think that the Monster Manual is very useful.

If the DM owns the Players Handbook (complete character pack), then their players can access it if it is shared and they are connected.